By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Bans CNN Corespondant from Open Press Event

Machiavellian said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Many of us feel CNN is garbage television. Frankly, it feels justified because CNN destroyed their own credibility.

Its also worth noting CNN's ratings have declined because there is no reason to watch it unless you really enjoy Trump bashing. Which is a demographic MSNBC is also vying for.

Would you put Fox news in the same category as CNN.  Just wondering because if CNN is totally Anti Trump, then Fox news would be considered their direct opposite.  If any news site only negative or positive then they both can not be trusted as news sources.

I find that Fox News dedicates more time to opposing views than MSNBC and CNN. While Fox News certainly panders to the right, I watch a few programs knowing I'll get views from multiple sides and they give time to left wingers. Primarily I just watch Tucker Carlson (conservative host) and Kennedy (libertarian host). Two hosts who have been critical of Trump.

CNN and MSNBC aren't really respected networks post Trump. Meanwhile dems assume Fox News is all praise of Trump, which isn't reality.

I don't put Fox in the same category as CNN, but I also don't think people should just consume Fox News all day.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Nem said:

No, the things Obama did were nothing in comparison.

He made health insurance widely available, he cared about the environment and our future generations, he worked with his allies to keep the free world safe and he did not bow to dictators. He got Osama bin laden, he didn't tell us how great and powerful Putin is in a shameful bowing display. He was smart and strong.

Trump has done the opposite. He is a menace to the free world. You underestimating how destructive he can be whether by ignorance or malice. That is what will come full circle for you.

Fear mongering has nothing to do with politics. The left is the politic current that cares more about the society, the population, health, education, it's well being. The right is the politic that treats people has sacks of dirt in favor of the rich. It's a crude way of putting it but that is what differentiates them.

Heck your fearmongering arguments mirrors what was said back when Hitler came into power. It's ok, he is not serious, he won't do it... and then a reality check. This is how it begins.

The decline of the US has been brought by the American right. Your political system is a joke (2 parties lol). Your insistence in not opening your eyes is what is leading you down the drain. Heck, you hardly have a left at all because the DMC is more right than left. You have no idea what the left is and you believe the lies the republicans feed you and results in a neutered uneducated population that can be easily controlled and taken advantage of. A joke at your expense.

"he didn't tell us how great and powerful Putin is in a shameful bowing display."

do you have a link for this? or did you just pull that from the aether?

"he cared about the environment and our future generations"

the man who launched more drone strikes than any other cared about the environment? do go on, expand upon this some more please

"he did not bow to dictators."

i'm sure that the people in the wreck of a country lybia is now are totally thankful that obama bombed them to oblivion

" You underestimating how destructive he can be whether by ignorance or malice. "

evidence?

"The left is the politic current that cares more about the society, the population, health, education, it's well being. "

"The decline of the US has been brought by the American right. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxoIV5KCoOo

"Heck your fearmongering arguments mirrors what was said back when Hitler came into power. It's ok, he is not serious, he won't do it"

bullshit, hitler was enthusiastically brought into power

what people like you never understand is that the threat is coming from where you do not expect, which is actually why hitler was so popular

its also hilariously ironic that hitler championed some of the same values often pushed by the left

"You have no idea what the left is and you believe the lies the republicans feed you and results in a neutered uneducated population"

I don't know why you even try. You know i will ignore you. We have been done for a long time now buddy.

Moderated by ~ PwerlvlAmy

Last edited by PwerlvlAmy - on 29 July 2018

Pemalite said:
massimus said:

stuff

Hence why I stipulated I don't know much about American law or news. - Just giving my own perspective on things.
And good to know.

He banned her because she asked a question regarding Michael Dean Cohen's conversation recordings between himself and Trump. He felt that the question was rude. lmao

edit: on a side note, refusing to answer a question in itself is an answer.

The CNN reporter was also representing FOX, ABC, NBC, and I believe CBS. So by banning her, they all missed out on this press event.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 29 July 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Pemalite said:

Hence why I stipulated I don't know much about American law or news. - Just giving my own perspective on things.
And good to know.

He banned her because she asked a question regarding Michael Dean Cohen's conversation recordings between himself and Trump. He felt that the question was rude. lmao

edit: on a side note, refusing to answer a question in itself is an answer.

The CNN reporter was also representing FOX, ABC, NBC, and I believe CBS. So by banning her, they all missed out on this press event.

To be fair. It's not like Trump hasn't been downright rude before either. :P
He deserves everything he gets, he ain't innocent. Haha

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Nem said:
o_O.Q said:

"he didn't tell us how great and powerful Putin is in a shameful bowing display."

the man who launched more drone strikes than any other cared about the environment? do go on, expand upon this some more please

i'm sure that the people in the wreck of a country lybia is now are totally thankful that obama bombed them to oblivion

" You underestimating how destructive he can be whether by ignorance or malice. "

evidence?

"The left is the politic current that cares more about the society, the population, health, education, it's well being. "

"Heck your fearmongering arguments mirrors what was said back when Hitler came into power. It's ok, he is not serious, he won't do it"

what people like you never understand is that the threat is coming from where you do not expect, which is actually why hitler was so popular

its also hilariously ironic that hitler championed some of the same values often pushed by the left

"You have no idea what the left is and you believe the lies the republicans feed you and results in a neutered uneducated population"

I don't know why you even try. You know i will ignore you. We have been done for a long time now buddy.

but that doesn't mean i can't still point out where you are wrong though...

Around the Network
Nem said:
o_O.Q said:

evidence?

Why respond while claiming to ignore him?

This just looks like you cant give a decent answer.

Immersiveunreality said:
Nem said:

Why respond while claiming to ignore him?

This just looks like you cant give a decent answer.

Why does he reply to me if i'm gonna ignore him? I don't even read his posts anymore. I have no idea what he said, nor care to find out.  I know that whatever it is, is vile. I'm not poisoning myself with it anymore.

Oh and btw i have ignored it countless times. This is not the first, second or third times. I decided to say something this time cause it is quite pointless and dared hope he did the same. But you can be sure i will go back to ignoring.

I do wish there was a black list on this website so i wouldn't get the time wasting notices.

Last edited by Nem - on 30 July 2018

coolbeans said:

Well...erm...okay then.  While I'm going to take what you're saying now at face value, I must admit I'm thrown off by this play you're doing here.  Nothing against you, I'm just not familiar with your approach to arguing on here.  And I don't think it's good posturing on your part especially with how you directly threw dirt at me earlier regarding this very thing; in fact, I think it's disingenuous arguing on your part.  But fine...let's just move past that.  

Now I can absolutely understand frustration w/ certain right-wing media stories against Obama--like the ones you've pointed out.  And I should clarify a few points:

-I don't consider it any worthwhile criticism against Obama to say "GASP!  He had an unfavorable attitude against media that opposed him!" or wasn't too keen on giving Fox as many interviews as with other networks (I don't know the tally across all of them; only bringing this up b/c of previous comments).

-The issue comes when that unfavorable attitude is translated into action.  As others have pointed out, this--by all means temporary--banning of a correspondent for a singular press event didn't just materialize b/c Trump was angry at CNN FAKE NEWS.  No, said correspondent acted out of line previously and this is the WH's response.  Do I still believe this action is a wrong-headed move to make?  Yes, you can still grasp the full context of the situation and still believe it's over-reaching.  Plus, Trump acts belligerent to them as well so it may as well remain a two-way street at this point.

-Where I decided to jump in was in respect to a...whataboutism-lite comment to show that this isn't exactly new territory when looking back at the Obama admin too.  I was incorrect about the Washington Free Beacon link, but I believe I made 2-for-3 in respect to my other points raised.  I'm worried about the road we're going on in respect to press freedom too, but I think people need to reassess their...suspiciously convenient comatose between '08-'16 and acknowledge precedent for this type of behavior was set before Agent Orange came into office.   

I am still not sure if the first link is an Apple to Apple situation.  Not inviting Fox news to an interview they never ask for really isn't the White House Job.  Also if they stated they would prefer Fox not attend is totally different then them saying Fox cannot attend.  

As to this reporter, we will see where this goes.  I noticed once Trump is able to do one thing he will take it to the extreme.  So if we say this reporter was out of line and the temp ban for this event is warranted.  Lets see how far Trump will take this.  If anyone from CNN gives him tough questions at any time and they feel banning them is warranted then we may have an issue.

Mr Puggsly said:
Machiavellian said:

Would you put Fox news in the same category as CNN.  Just wondering because if CNN is totally Anti Trump, then Fox news would be considered their direct opposite.  If any news site only negative or positive then they both can not be trusted as news sources.

I find that Fox News dedicates more time to opposing views than MSNBC and CNN. While Fox News certainly panders to the right, I watch a few programs knowing I'll get views from multiple sides and they give time to left wingers. Primarily I just watch Tucker Carlson (conservative host) and Kennedy (libertarian host). Two hosts who have been critical of Trump.

CNN and MSNBC aren't really respected networks post Trump. Meanwhile dems assume Fox News is all praise of Trump, which isn't reality.

I don't put Fox in the same category as CNN, but I also don't think people should just consume Fox News all day.

You know CNN does the same thing.  I have seen may shows where CNN will have both pro and anti correspondence talking about whatever is happening at the White house.  Actually some of those conversations have got pretty heated but they all did have their say even if some when off the rails.  The majority of Fox news is Pro Trump for everything he does.  There are a few that do not hold that line but its interesting how much hate they get on social media for any dissenting views.  I personally watch both because if you only get one side of the coin you never know fully what the other side looks like.

SpokenTruth said:
Machiavellian said:

I am still not sure if the first link is an Apple to Apple situation.  Not inviting Fox news to an interview they never ask for really isn't the White House Job.  Also if they stated they would prefer Fox not attend is totally different then them saying Fox cannot attend.  

As to this reporter, we will see where this goes.  I noticed once Trump is able to do one thing he will take it to the extreme.  So if we say this reporter was out of line and the temp ban for this event is warranted.  Lets see how far Trump will take this.  If anyone from CNN gives him tough questions at any time and they feel banning them is warranted then we may have an issue.

I think you'll find this interesting.  It wasn't Trump himself that banned her but was Bill Shine, the White House deputy chief of staff for communications and....former co-president of Fox News.

I did read that part when looking into the issue.  I assumed that Trump was the one who put it in motion and Bill Shine executed it.  Even if it was totally Bill decision, there are 2 sides you can look at it.  You can say that with Bill experience he felt the way this reporter went about her job was inappropriate enough to warrant a ban or you could say that this gave Bill the perfect opportunity to stick it to CNN and leave the President out of it.  One incident is really not enough to go on based on what occurred with this situation.