By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Anticipated New Release of August?

Most Anticipated New Release of August?

Blade Strangers 27 2.94%

F1 2018 53 5.77%

Little Dragons Cafe 27 2.94%

Madden NFL 19 29 3.16%

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker 22 2.39%

Overcooked 2 87 9.47%

PES 2019 44 4.79%

Strange Brigade 12 1.31%

Yakuza Kiwami 2 203 22.09%

Other/Nothing 415 45.16%

Total:919

Nothing for me, for the 2nd month in a row.

Around the Network

Nothing on the list. Dead Cells if they can get the physical release out the door, Walking Dead Season 4 and Okami on Switch if i can get the Japanese physical edition.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate obviously. What else?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Machina said:

A new month is fast approaching, so it's time for a most anticipated front-page poll.

August has a lot of middle-sized releases, which made narrowing things down to just ten options quite difficult. As a result, I've excluded re-releases, ports, expansions, early access final versions, and remasters this month, just to make room for genuine new releases, and renamed the poll to 'new releases' to reflect that.

Sorry if something you wanted to vote for got cut out as a result, but I only have 10 options to work with so I had to settle on a way to cut them down that seemed in some way consistent.

Edit: Nevermind

Out of what's available I'd have to pick Naruto to Boruto, though the beta wasn't playable at all for me so I hope it's better than that.

Everything considered it'd be Shenmue I+II followed by Dark Souls Remastered for Switch (if it actually releases).

Last edited by Shaunodon - on 24 July 2018

shikamaru317 said:
Shaunodon said:

Why is Yakuza Kiwami 2 on the list then?

Out of what's available I'd have to pick Naruto to Boruto, though the beta wasn't playable at all for me so I hope it's better than that.

Everything considered it'd be Shenmue I+II followed by Dark Souls Remastered for Switch (if it actually releases).

The Kiwami games aren't simple HD remasters, they are full on remakes. They run in a new graphical engine, have new content, and have other changes that remasters lack. 

Fair enough.

I actually thought I read 'remakes' in his statement, my bad.

Around the Network

Bullet Girls baby! Nothing else matters.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 of course! Cant wait of this masterpiece/remake.

Yakuza 2 was the best story-game with Metal Gear Solid 3 and Persona 4/5 of all time for me. Amazing gameplay, bossfights, story, characters & the new extras are fantastic. But in early September, the impressive "Spiderman"-Game and the big JRPG "Dragon Quest XI" for PS4 appears - I need more time for so many new beautiful games.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 24 July 2018

Yakuza Kiwami 2

But will not have time to play it to much work + immersive studying.

Shenmue collection HD.

nothing really. Im planning to get Overcooked 2 but i cant really say im highly anticipating it.