By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you most of your money on clothes or videogames?

Do you spend more on clothes than games this year?

Yes 11 23.91%

No 35 76.09%

Total:46
Xxain said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Where do you think you are? The GQ forum?

This is forum for people really into nerd shit. Also the number of adult virgins roaming around here is pretty high. Not really relevant but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Any who, I personally put more effect into staying fit and being comfortable over style. Being fit is the image I care more about. I have nice clothes but they don't get used a lot outside of special occasions.

Bro, how you classify yourself is irrelevant also.

Not buying clothes in 10 years or wearing clothes to they're nearly destroyed is ridiculous. Unless you are in a environment that leaves you dirt poor, which cant be the case because everybody here is buying games, everybody should put money aside to update their wardrobe yearly! Stop taking personal image for granted. In regards to "adult virgins", if they took better care of their personal image that would help that situation (unless that's a choice of course). Let's keep it real, no matter how great of a person you think you are, first level of interaction wil always be visual. That applies to everything: Food, buying cars, living locations, choosing your hotel.... video games... ext.  

Well here's what you're neglecting. Spending more on gaming than clothes doesn't mean you wear old and tattered clothes. While more goes into my gaming hobby, I still have nice clothes. Some of my clothing items are ten years old, but their condition is still good given they weren't used much. Especially my slacks, jeans, dress shirts, jackets, etc.

Let me put it this way, how you present yourself isn't synonymous with your investment in clothing. Its more about buying nice looking clothes that fit your frame well, a nice outfit of pants and a shirt can be like $30-$40. Hence, you can spend more on gaming and still dress well.

I agree with you, presentation certainly matters and people should put SOME effort into it. But spending more on games doesn't mean you don't care how you present yourself.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
BraLoD said:

How is that even remotely related?

He probably made a joke out of what I said earlier.

I see.

He still sucks, tho.

Xxain said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Where do you think you are? The GQ forum?

This is forum for people really into nerd shit. Also the number of adult virgins roaming around here is pretty high. Not really relevant but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Any who, I personally put more effect into staying fit and being comfortable over style. Being fit is the image I care more about. I have nice clothes but they don't get used a lot outside of special occasions.

Bro, how you classify yourself is irrelevant also.

Not buying clothes in 10 years or wearing clothes to they're nearly destroyed is ridiculous. Unless you are in a environment that leaves you dirt poor, which cant be the case because everybody here is buying games, everybody should put money aside to update their wardrobe yearly! Stop taking personal image for granted. In regards to "adult virgins", if they took better care of their personal image that would help that situation (unless that's a choice of course). Let's keep it real, no matter how great of a person you think you are, first level of interaction wil always be visual. That applies to everything: Food, buying cars, living locations, choosing your hotel.... video games... ext.  

Why should one ever put hard cash in clothing?

To look good to keep made up patterns? Not something I care at all.

Hygiene and confort? Totally.

Giving ridiculous amounts of money to some conglomerate amd their stylists that most likely think you are shit and they are above you so they can charge you their brand? Lol, yes, I'm totally into it.

Also, people should not trive to hide behind a made up image, be that what it is. You are who you are, buying an image to pass as yourself is what I personally find ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with wanting to look good with something you like on you, but wanting people to value you over that is the concerning thing here.

Last edited by BraLoD - on 28 July 2018

There seems to be bit of this attitude that one have to look good even if only going to a nearby market to buy bread, thats stupid. None should feel that they have to try to look great at all times, that´s just poor self esteem. Its depends on the occasion, time and place, if there is even any need to make somekind of impression on others.

I also understand that some people want to avoid influencing others with their looks or just don´t care, and why is that such a bad thing? If someone dressed badly, then he/she is kind of making others look even better?

And remember to use those clothes that you have, not just once or twice, but as much and as long as possible! :P and patch and take good care of them or re-use them or recycle them. I think that people have lost much of their appreciation for things like clothes. They reguire work and materials, give them the credit they deserve.

LipeJJ said:
BraLoD said:

How is that even remotely related?

He probably made a joke out of what I said earlier.

Xxain said:
Man, I am blown away by how little people value their image.

I hate the term, but I get called a fashionista a lot. I do Spring/Summer shopping first half of the year then a little bit Winter shopping in September(Live in San Diego. We dont really get Winter). I spend about 500 on Spring/Summer and like 300 in early fall. If I come across something dope on Amazon I'll probably get it too. Spend about 1000 a year on gear. Games just depend. Im a student so I tend to buy a few games that will last a semester. Probably 300 a year on games.

Just wanted to thank you for this post. You vocalized exactly what I was trying to say. You don't have to spend loads of money to look good. You don't even have to be a fashionista (or enthusiast) like us to pull off great looks either, it's just about common sense and developing your own style/being aware of what works best on you. This is probably a cultural thing mixed with low self-esteem, but people should really value their image more. Like you said, it can do wonders to any kind of relationship and how the world perceives you. It's not about trying to be something you are not either, just about trying to show the best "you" that you can offer. Our overall image sends a message to others, even if it's an unintentional one.

Signalstar said:
Based on the responses I propose someone start an official VGC fashion thread. Not me but someone.

We can share our clothes purchases and give advice.

It will be fab.

Excellent! That's an awesome idea, someone has to make it, or else I'll do it myself.

That's a great idea.  The thread shouldn't be limit to clothes only, though.

Around the Network

I think I spend equal amounts on both.

I've spent about £400 on video games so far and about £500 on clothing. I'll probably spend another £150 on games for the remainder of the year and another £200 on clothing.

I don't care at all for fashion, I wear t-shirts for every occasion and i tend to go for the cheapest ones too. So I spend the most on food and games. Mostly food.