Forums - Movies Discussion - Disney fires 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director James Gunn over 'indefensible' old tweets

mZuzek said:

Relevant.

Big shame that it will most likely fall on deaf ears at Disney because they would be more worried about any form of controversy even though the casts, his family and 350k+ people over at Change.org would like it to happen https://www.change.org/p/marvel-re-hire-james-gunn

Apparently in the last 24 hours Disney execs did have a meeting with Gunn and sat to talk to him about the future of GotG but not sure of any news coming out from that yet. Would be very interested if they go back on their very early heavy handed choice to fire him from the project.

Right now they're all between a rock and a hard place, but I think Disney do know that a lot of the people who want Gunn fired are unlikely to be the type of people who would have been buying a ticket to Guardians 3 anyway, and at the end of the day, money talks.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:

Big shame that it will most likely fall on deaf ears at Disney because they would be more worried about any form of controversy even though the casts, his family and 350k+ people over at Change.org would like it to happen https://www.change.org/p/marvel-re-hire-james-gunn

Apparently in the last 24 hours Disney execs did have a meeting with Gunn and sat to talk to him about the future of GotG but not sure of any news coming out from that yet. Would be very interested if they go back on their very early heavy handed choice to fire him from the project.

Right now they're all between a rock and a hard place, but I think Disney do know that a lot of the people who want Gunn fired are unlikely to be the type of people who would have been buying a ticket to Guardians 3 anyway, and at the end of the day, money talks.

Only time will tell. Personally I'm not making much of these reports and leak stories, it's not a good idea to believe in those. They'll just say whatever gets them more clicks.



Some fun new photos came out of James Gunn.
https://www.screengeek.net/2018/08/11/james-gunn-pedophilia-themed-party/



irstupid said:
Some fun new photos came out of James Gunn.
https://www.screengeek.net/2018/08/11/james-gunn-pedophilia-themed-party/

I was once at a vampire themed party! Better get your garlic out, since I am now clearly outed as a Vampire.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:
irstupid said:
Some fun new photos came out of James Gunn.
https://www.screengeek.net/2018/08/11/james-gunn-pedophilia-themed-party/

I was once at a vampire themed party! Better get your garlic out, since I am now clearly outed as a Vampire.

Then again Spacey threw parties with just young guys and looked at how that turned out. I wouldn't be surprised if more "themed" pics show up of Gunn.



Around the Network

Did a quick google search and it seems he's definitely NOT coming back... no word on if they'll be using his script or not though, but if they don't, Dave Bautista is wanting out of his contract because he says he'd be doing Gunn a disservice.

I wonder who the replacement director will be. I know people want Taika Watiti, and it makes sense, he's worked with Marvel before and Thor Ragnarok actually hard a Guardians vibe to it too... if they go with someone new though, I'd like to see what Matthew Vaughn could do, but meh. I wonder if people will actually boycott the film too, or if the dust will have settled by the time it releases in two years time.



Sorry for dragging up an old topic, but i didn't think it warranted a new thread
https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-gunn-reinstated-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-disney-suicide-squad-2-indefensible-social-media-messages-1202576444/

Again we see as long as someone is one the "correct" side of the political spectrum everything will eventually be forgiven



Nothing to see here, move along

nice



Well, I guess I might need to find a new avatar, then.

Also, stop bringing politics where they don't belong. This isn't about being on the "right" or "wrong" side of the political spectrum, and it never was - it was always about common fucking sense. The firing and everyone who backed it had none, is where I'm getting at. I'm glad justice has been done and hopefully he can now finish the job and we can get the proper awesome trilogy we were always supposed to.



melbye said:
Sorry for dragging up an old topic, but i didn't think it warranted a new thread
https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-gunn-reinstated-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-disney-suicide-squad-2-indefensible-social-media-messages-1202576444/

Again we see as long as someone is one the "correct" side of the political spectrum everything will eventually be forgiven

It shows fake outrage campaigns don't work, because while they might fool executives, they don't work on the public.

Great to see him back, now with an extra gig at DC.

Get fucked, Mike Cernovich