By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - President Trump Sides With Russia Against the United States.

o_O.Q said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Care to send some proofs about that?

uh i posted a video?

here you go again

Did you actually listen to the Hillary video or even the second video, you know the one dated during Reagan term in office.  I guess if she says the US funded Al Qaeda 20 years ago when she did that video, somehow she must be talking about how she did it.  I like how it cut from any follow up questions and it doesn't include the original question because no one need to concern themselves with context.

Around the Network
massimus said:
Biggerboat1 said:

I'm not American, and am watching this whole drama unfold from afar (sunny Scotland), so freely admit that I'm not an expert on the whole Trump/Russia/Collusion fiasco but I definitely do take an interest and watch/read a fair amount.

In general I always try to see both sides of the argument and am always looking to learn, so please feel free to counter what I'm about to write & I'll give it due consideration.

I'm having trouble with your statement above "Every word of that is first paragraph is ridiculous bro." It's quite a damning appraisal and I can't see how you can possibly back it up.

Let's go through the first paragraph by sentence:

1) I guess this is subjective so I'll give you that one

2) He is indeed President and he surely is privy to all info - so how can you contest that?

3) Seems consistent based on all media outlets / politicians / analysts, both left & right... how can you contest that?

4) What would you suggest his reasoning was behind his u-turn?

5) You don't think he dismissed the info given to him by his various intelligence agencies?

6) I'm not sure about this one - are parties from "all corners of the government" asking for impeachment? If it's purely the democrats pursuing this then I'd say it's a mischaracterisation.

7) I think this is undeniable, no?

8) I guess this is the same as 4)

It seems to me that best case scenario, all of the points made in this paragraph are correct & worst case maybe 2 out of 8 are, as you say, "ridiculous".

Would you care to give me your take?

2. How is having the powers of a president an impeachable offense? He was trying to say he knows the dirt they have so that’s why he said what he did. For one, that’s stupid. For two, it’s not an impeachable offense.

3. Trumps answer was “I want to see the server”. The DNC never turned over their server to the FBI after the hack. My guess is to hide that they rigged the primary election against Sanders. Even with his authority as president, top clearance, he hasn’t seen any evidence. With the way they have been stonewalling congress subpoenas it means congress hasn’t seen it either. Congress has already cleared any trump campaign involvement but that wasn’t the question and I think that’s where he slipped up. Even if Russia did hack the DNC it’s still not an impeachable offense against trump. The media is worthless and shouldn’t be considered at all.

4. The reason for walking it back you mean? It was a dumb thing to say at a press conference. Trump just doesn’t care, he will say the same thing at a press conference that he will at a rally. His beef with our intelligence runs deep. I guess he feels like if he agreed with our intelligence he agrees with all of the other bullshit they are trying to pin on him as well. Like I said though, that’s domestic. Even if he had to lie he should have said our intel community is the best.

5. He has and some of it was dismissible. 

6. It’s not treasonous or impeachable, that’s a ridiculous statement.

7. I will give him that one.

8. I haven’t seen this evidence but I don’t doubt Russians are hacking Americans. This is common sense and nothing new. The investigation is about Trump involvement which there is none (or it hasn’t been shown). Why would Trump be impeached for something Russia did? That’s why it’s ridiculous. He hasn’t done anything to warrant such action. 

2. I think all he was saying here is that Trump was aware of the evidence and findings of his intelligence agencies... I don't think he's talking about evidence of collusion with Russia/Trump, but evidence of Russia interfering, or at least attempting to interfere with the election...

3. Isn't there significant evidence of Russian interference outwith the server? I can't believe that all of these accusations around Russia are purely based on a server that none of the intelligence services have been allowed to examine... 

4. I don't think you and Machiavellion are actually in disagreement here - you're not actually explaining why he walked it back, but rather why he said what he did in the press event...

5. Again, you're not disagreeing here... All you assert is that some of the evidence he ignored was dismissible...

6. Whether it's impeachable is not being debated here - he's saying that "people in all corners of the government who are privy to that information is calling what Trump did treasonous and right up there with impeachable act." - whether or not you personally think it's impeachable or not is irrelevant to his statement.

7. Hallelujah :)

8. Again, your response is not pertinent to what Machiavellion actually said...

I feel like you are kind of going out of your way to interpret his comments in the most disagreeable way possible in order to deliver retorts to points that weren't actually made.

I see this a lot on this forum - whether it's politics or videogames and it doesn't really achieve anything.

You seem like a smart enough guy but also just super-defensive, but that's just my opinion dude, take it on-board or don't, it's totally up to you.

I can understand arguing for something that you believe in on any given issue but I am kind of perplexed at the amount defence I see for Trump personally. He seems to have almost no redeeming features and if I ever have a kid, he'd be the polar opposite of what I'd want him or her to turn out like... Would you?

Again, I can understand defending something that you genuinely believe in, whether it be a party, a policy or a person, but surely Trump isn't deserving of any of your energy?

https://youtu.be/kRh1zXFKC_o?t=118

massimus said:
Machiavellian said:

Lol, now I would call that hate.  I believe no one is of a mind that doesn't believe Putin is the mobster you believe him to be.  I totally agree with you which brings us to why would Trump lie for this man.  Trump has stated on many occasions how he admires Putin and no matter what Putin has done Trump has only shone praise for the man.  If Putin does not have anything on Trump and he isn't compromised then how do you explain his actions.  I am sure you will find a way to make it seem like there isn't anything here but only time will tell just what type of relationship they have together.

My rational is not out of hate,you can continue to use that word if it makes you sleep good at night but my conclusions is more on Trump and his ability to screw up the simplest things then any emotion.  I see an idiot, who compromised himself to a loan shark, found himself in a position of power and now the payment is due.  I do not need to hate Trump to come to that conclusion, I only need to look at this career up to today to reach that point.  This conference was another in a long line of idiotic things he has done that only strengthen my opinion.  Even things I would side with him on Trump finds a way to bungle it like a pro.

I have zero love for Putin and I don’t make excuses for it. He didn’t lie for Putin, he brought our domestic baggage to an international stage. Trump goes off on our intelligence agencies on a weekly basis. There is a legitimate fight between Trump and the establishment going on, it’s not like this shit is out of the blue. The fact is that he didn’t lie for us lol. He should have been singing the FBIs praises no matter how shitty they treat him, at least on that stage. Trump not seeing a difference between an American stage and a international stage is due to his character, I agree. The question was designed around that fact and he fell for it, that’s the first time in a year and a half that the media has gotten the upper hand on him. He has been shitting all over them until that last presser.

I don’t care if you do or don’t Bro. That’s the only way it makes sense to me with your infatuation. What do you stand for besides “trump is an idiot”. After our many conversations I still don’t know. You know what I stand for and what I dislike, feel me? You have a one track mind, destroy Trump. 

Well of course me hating Trump is the only way you can see it.  It's the only way any Trump supporter ever see anyone who is critical of Trump.  If someone doesn't see his genius or believe him smart, intelligent or any of the things he constantly tells everyone he is, then by golly we must hate him.  The absolute only reason I am interested in Trump is because he is President.  When he had his reality show, I never watched it, did you.  I was never interested in him or would be interested in him when he leaves office.  He beeped on my radar when he ran for office.  I compared him to all the other Republican candidates at the time and what I came away from that is he had no plan.  I went to his website, I watched his rallies and I watch his performance during the Primaries.  I did those things for all the candidates at that time because I vote.  I watch the Primaries because I was thinking of voting Republican this term and John Kasich was the front runner for my choice.  

I have no clue what you stand for.  Only thing I know is that it seems anything Trump does is what you stand for and if he does something wrong you will defend him with your last breath.  So in my opinion the only thing you stand for is Trump.

The story is the same with every Trump supporter.  Everyone must hate Trump or cannot accept his genius.  We all do not get it or we just do not understand.  Lol, there must always be something other than the fact that people see him for who he is.  So yes, my infatuation for Trump will last for as long as he is in office.   I will continue to be critical of his actions because he is an idiot who can have an affect on my life.

The comedy just continues. Here is Trump playing 3d chess while everyone is playing checkers. First we have him siding with Putin over the US intelligence agencies. Next, he had to walk that back because everyone was calling him weak and a clown. The day after, he considers a proposal from Putin to send over Ex ambassador and another American to Russia for questioning, mind you concerning the whole Magnitsky Act. Interesting how that Magnitsky Act continue to pop up all the time. I guess Putin really want Russia children to be adopted by Americans. Anyway this whole thing sent all branches of Congress into singing U N I T Y and the Senate passed a resolution unanimously (which probably hasn't happened since America was formed). In true Trump style, he walk back his 3rd statement in as many days.

So it seems that Putin is making statements that Trump is conceding Crimea and the Ukraine for an undisclosed something. Also it seems that an agreement was made to remove all sanctions for Russia aggression in those areas as well. I am guess this kind of ties into his message concerning Montenegro. The plot thickens. Oh well, I am sure in the coming months, we shall see more tweets along these lines as Trump tries to build up his defense for conceding Crimea and UKraine. Once Putin gets into high gear, as the US new strategy is to give Putin whatever he wants and he invades more nations, I am sure at least the US will be able to adopt Russian children again.

Around the Network

I recently re-read Animal Farm for the first time in like 20 years. It has many parallels with what's going on in the world today.

Biggerboat1 said:

2. I think all he was saying here is that Trump was aware of the evidence and findings of his intelligence agencies... I don't think he's talking about evidence of collusion with Russia/Trump, but evidence of Russia interfering, or at least attempting to interfere with the election...

3. Isn't there significant evidence of Russian interference outwith the server? I can't believe that all of these accusations around Russia are purely based on a server that none of the intelligence services have been allowed to examine... 

4. I don't think you and Machiavellion are actually in disagreement here - you're not actually explaining why he walked it back, but rather why he said what he did in the press event...

5. Again, you're not disagreeing here... All you assert is that some of the evidence he ignored was dismissible...

6. Whether it's impeachable is not being debated here - he's saying that "people in all corners of the government who are privy to that information is calling what Trump did treasonous and right up there with impeachable act." - whether or not you personally think it's impeachable or not is irrelevant to his statement.

7. Hallelujah :)

8. Again, your response is not pertinent to what Machiavellion actually said...

I feel like you are kind of going out of your way to interpret his comments in the most disagreeable way possible in order to deliver retorts to points that weren't actually made.

I see this a lot on this forum - whether it's politics or videogames and it doesn't really achieve anything.

You seem like a smart enough guy but also just super-defensive, but that's just my opinion dude, take it on-board or don't, it's totally up to you.

I can understand arguing for something that you believe in on any given issue but I am kind of perplexed at the amount defence I see for Trump personally. He seems to have almost no redeeming features and if I ever have a kid, he'd be the polar opposite of what I'd want him or her to turn out like... Would you?

Again, I can understand defending something that you genuinely believe in, whether it be a party, a policy or a person, but surely Trump isn't deserving of any of your energy?

Yeah he's aware of the Mueller indictments on Russian nationals that will never show up in Court and get dragged into limbo. That's not evidence, that's a court summons. Trump apparently hasn't seen the findings if he is saying he wants to see the server. I haven't seen any evidence that has Putin giving the order himself like Mach suggests(though i don't doubt it). Regardless, it's still a dumb thing to say at a joint press conference when everyone has their gun out. The main point is that it's not impeachable or treason, let alone obviously so lol. Based on what exactly? "The left and right say so" isn't proof of anything. Saying stupid things and having dumb mannerisms aren't an impeachable offense.

They are still denying congress the information and findings. They are dragging out info subpoenas. Congress still doesn't even have the evidence that started the investigation. Mueller is same guy that has spent hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars on the most thorough investigation in our history probably, searching every nook and cranny chasing the dragon. No budget limit, No boundaries, it's a joke of our justice system. Police state tactics. Why doesn't Trump trust his intelligence? For many more obvious reasons. Some nobody with zero authority has become the most powerful man in the country and he's untouchable. People act like Mueller is more powerful than the President and Congress and it's laughable These Federal judges that keep blocking Trump have absolutely no right to infringe of the authority of the President. They are nothing, a congress creation. So no, his distaste for our Intelligence community and the unconstitutional protests aren't surprising.

The hacking of the DNC and releasing their shit on Wikileaks was very telling sure. If you consider people knowing the truth as "election tampering" then that's pretty fucked up and shows the mentality of the DNC voters. How dare you show the voters what these assholes actually think behind the teleprompter.  Buying Ads isn't illegal, sending emails and trashing a candidate aren't illegal. Hacking is illegal sure, and I have no doubt Russia does it everyday. How is that an impeachable offense to Trump though? He hasn't been tied to it even it they did in fact hack the DNC. The evidence should be released to the public if they have it.

He walked back what he said because it was a stupid thing to say. The pockets he's beefing with do not represent the agency as a whole. I actually like the FBI and you can see how much shit I can talk about them. It's not complicated and I already said that. I just explained why he said it in the first place to explain why the puppet master thing was bullshit.

6. How is me telling him his statement is wrong irrelevant? It's not treason, it's fact. Trump could have said fuck our intelligence agencies, that's not treason. He is their boss... Our intelligence agencies have no authority over our President, he does not answer to them. He could disband them if he wanted too, it's well within his authority. It's just not the best thing to do politically or rationally lol. How is outright denying your intelligence briefing(which he didn't do) treason or impeachable? That's some stupid shit to say, left or right.

"I feel like you are kind of going out of your way to interpret his comments in the most disagreeable way possible in order to deliver retorts to points that weren't actually made."
Everything I have said has been in response to the impeachment is obvious statement. That first paragraph was trying to justify impeachment and i called it ridiculous. I didn't deliberately misinterpret what he said and I have no reason to do so. I also haven't changed my stance. That press conference was bad publicity, nothing more.

"You seem like a smart enough guy but also just super-defensive, but that's just my opinion dude, take it on-board or don't, it's totally up to you."

Super defensive how? By explaining why I think the way I do? My language might make my thoughts more aggressive then i'm trying to be. That's why i add lol a lot to let people know i'm not attacking but just making a point in jest.

"I can understand arguing for something that you believe in on any given issue but I am kind of perplexed at the amount defence I see for Trump personally. He seems to have almost no redeeming features and if I ever have a kid, he'd be the polar opposite of what I'd want him or her to turn out like... Would you?"
You wanted to break it down, not me lol. He and you messaged me and I responded. I'm just having a conversation dude. I haven't been disrespectful to anyone personally on here, I defend my views though sure.

"Again, I can understand defending something that you genuinely believe in, whether it be a party, a policy or a person, but surely Trump isn't deserving of any of your energy?"
I don't believe in parties. I do defend policies I believe in. I don't have much faith in politicians. Trump is comedy to me, it's not stressful and I like following the news and politics. Discussing it with you guys takes no energy at all. If somebody says something and I think it's wrong i will say so. People do the same to me like Mach did. I have no issue.

Machiavellian said:
massimus said:

I have zero love for Putin and I don’t make excuses for it. He didn’t lie for Putin, he brought our domestic baggage to an international stage. Trump goes off on our intelligence agencies on a weekly basis. There is a legitimate fight between Trump and the establishment going on, it’s not like this shit is out of the blue. The fact is that he didn’t lie for us lol. He should have been singing the FBIs praises no matter how shitty they treat him, at least on that stage. Trump not seeing a difference between an American stage and a international stage is due to his character, I agree. The question was designed around that fact and he fell for it, that’s the first time in a year and a half that the media has gotten the upper hand on him. He has been shitting all over them until that last presser.

I don’t care if you do or don’t Bro. That’s the only way it makes sense to me with your infatuation. What do you stand for besides “trump is an idiot”. After our many conversations I still don’t know. You know what I stand for and what I dislike, feel me? You have a one track mind, destroy Trump. 

Well of course me hating Trump is the only way you can see it.  It's the only way any Trump supporter ever see anyone who is critical of Trump.  If someone doesn't see his genius or believe him smart, intelligent or any of the things he constantly tells everyone he is, then by golly we must hate him.  The absolute only reason I am interested in Trump is because he is President.  When he had his reality show, I never watched it, did you.  I was never interested in him or would be interested in him when he leaves office.  He beeped on my radar when he ran for office.  I compared him to all the other Republican candidates at the time and what I came away from that is he had no plan.  I went to his website, I watched his rallies and I watch his performance during the Primaries.  I did those things for all the candidates at that time because I vote.  I watch the Primaries because I was thinking of voting Republican this term and John Kasich was the front runner for my choice.  

I have no clue what you stand for.  Only thing I know is that it seems anything Trump does is what you stand for and if he does something wrong you will defend him with your last breath.  So in my opinion the only thing you stand for is Trump.

The story is the same with every Trump supporter.  Everyone must hate Trump or cannot accept his genius.  We all do not get it or we just do not understand.  Lol, there must always be something other than the fact that people see him for who he is.  So yes, my infatuation for Trump will last for as long as he is in office.   I will continue to be critical of his actions because he is an idiot who can have an affect on my life.

If the President is the only thing you care about in politics then I apologize for reading into that wrong. No, I was never interested in him before but now we both watch the Trump show aka the news. You romanticize his idiocy and I laugh at how angry he makes people. I didn't vote for Trump in the primary either, I voted for Rand Paul. Between him and Clinton was a no brainer and I think it turned out alright so far.

I don't support everything Trump does. Everyone must think he's a complete moron or be a complete moron for not thinking he is, right? We don't get it or we don't understand. There must be something wrong with me because I can't see him for what he is, a secret russian moron. That's fine but politics is more than just the president my dude. There are many people that have an affect on your life in our government.

The Republican voters got cucked by Putin.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

As I predicted and true to form Trump and his team found some other scandal to move the needle away from his summit with Putin. As evidence mount that it was his legal team that leaked that tape with him discussing another one of his affairs to Cohen, it was only a matter of time before he threw another log on the fire.