By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FAMITSU "Most Wanted" 7-15-18

Surprised no one has made the obligatory comment on Ushiro yet.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Vini256 said:

Wow, Pokémon is way lower than I expected it to be, especially for Japan. Also surprised at how high Bayonetta 3 is, I recall the franchise being really niche over there (I could be wrong though).

This is Famitsu, the hardcorest of the hardcorest. I wonder why Pokemon is that high at all. Don't expect Famitsu most wanted reflecting later sales.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

This is Famitsu, the hardcorest of the hardcorest. I wonder why Pokemon is that high at all. Don't expect Famitsu most wanted reflecting later sales.

If Famitsu is more hardcore then it makes sense that it'd be so low since Let's Go is more of a spin-off than anything else. If you think that's still too high though, well, it's Pokémon. The IP is just too strong not to chart on these lists.

Vini256 said:
Mnementh said:

If Famitsu is more hardcore then it makes sense that it'd be so low since Let's Go is more of a spin-off than anything else. If you think that's still too high though, well, it's Pokémon. The IP is just too strong not to chart on these lists.

I think even core Pokemon is too casual for the Famitsu crowd and will have a lower share of the votes than of the sales. But anyways, it also explains why Bayonetta is high.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]