By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 27) Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - July 2-July 8, 2018

Pavolink said:
Switch is the only hardware that exists in Japan.
BotW going up as the king it is 😎

If the switch did 1.2m and the PS4 1m..... isnt it doing like 80% of the Switch's sales?

Surely that counts for something? abit better than non-existance.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

There are about 50 retail titles confirmed between now and week 42.

And of those 50 maybe 10-15 clear 10k units sold the first week, no?

Perhaps but thats not much different from the first 6 months of the year now is it?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

Octopath Traveler
Captain Toad
Taiko
That Baseball game
SaGa
Layton (not sure how these games sell in Japan honestly)
Boku no Hero
SNK Heroines
Hakuouki (maybe? this series was a big otome title like 5-8 years ago)
Steins;Gate Elite
Atelier Arland Trilogy
The Xeno 2 weird standalone game thing
FIFA
DBZ FighterZ

Dont forget ever green titles. Those keep hw afloat 

JRPGfan said:
Pavolink said:
Switch is the only hardware that exists in Japan.
BotW going up as the king it is 😎

If the switch did 1.2m and the PS4 1m..... isnt it doing like 80% of the Switch's sales?

I mean how about we look at how its been doing for the last few months rather than how it did in late Jan-early Feb?

PS4 sold more in weeks 1-6 than it has in weeks 7-27, it WAS doing well, its not anymore.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

I mean how about we look at how its been doing for the last few months rather than how it did in late Jan-early Feb?

PS4 sold more in weeks 1-6 than it has in weeks 7-27, it WAS doing well, its not anymore.

thats the year to date numbers though.... I know right now its being outsold by large amounts.
However the fact remains that currently for the year, its sitting at 80% of the Switch sales.

Calling it non-existant is a over exaggeration of epic scale.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
zorg1000 said:

thats the year to date numbers though.... I know right now its being outsold by large amounts.
However the fact remains that currently for the year, its sitting at 80% of the Switch sales.

Calling it non-existant is a over exaggeration of epic scale.

But hes talking about now, not 5-6 months ago.

Switch outsold it by more than double this week, last month and last quarter.

Nothing innacurate about his comment.

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

Octopath Traveler
Captain Toad
Taiko
That Baseball game
SaGa
Layton (not sure how these games sell in Japan honestly)
Boku no Hero
SNK Heroines
Hakuouki (maybe? this series was a big otome title like 5-8 years ago)
Steins;Gate Elite
Atelier Arland Trilogy
The Xeno 2 weird standalone game thing
FIFA
DBZ FighterZ

Mario Party as well

But thats the thing about hardware that people want with a bunch of evergreens, it doesnt need big games every week to maintain momentum.

Switch has not had a whole lot of big hitters this year yet sales have remained quite stable from week 2-27.

Stable yes, but only to the total of a little over 1.25 million. So if the Switch continues at the same pace until week 42 it'll be just barely under 2 million YTD.

So with 10 weeks to go it'd need to sell a little over 2 million units to reach 4 million this year. 200k average for 10 weeks... it's possible, but I'm not sure why some people are acting like it'd be a walk in the park.

Megiddo said:
Stable yes, but only to the total of a little over 1.25 million. So if the Switch continues at the same pace until week 42 it'll be just barely under 2 million YTD.

So with 10 weeks to go it'd need to sell a little over 2 million units to reach 4 million this year. 200k average for 10 weeks... it's possible, but I'm not sure why some people are acting like it'd be a walk in the park.

We are replying to you questioning whether or not Switch will remain ahead of last year with the Splatoon 2 boost, i said it only needs to do 42k/week until week 42 to remain ahead, idk why you decided to change the discussion to something neither of us were ever talking about.

Because it's a discussion worth having when you are considering the Switch's first 6 months this year as 'stable' and I'm showing math that shows that, while stable, the Switch isn't really in the best position as its current pace.