Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Brothers Ultimate Graphical Downgrades

Super Sm_sh Bros. Ul_im__e, amirite?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
OTBWY said:

Easy.

*Puts SNES on couch*

*Sits on SNES while turning on PS4 to play Gow*

That would require you to play something that isn't published by Nintendo.

This will lead to you telling me to play Monster Hunter World. No way jose.

JRPGfan said:

Amasing graphics these consoles are capable of, in the hands of talented deverlopers.

yeah Sakurai has gone down hill agreed

Poor Samus. She didn't deserve that downgrade. Snake either. Still, I'm with some of the other posters. Let's wait until the finished product before we jump to conclusions.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

So.. Switch can't handle the higher polygon count of butts or boobs, we need more blast processing power to improve the body of experience.

..... :sanic: :popplio:

Around the Network

Nintendo will hear from me if Samus isn't restored.

You're focusing on the wrong things. All of the switch pictures are better - Snake and Zero Suit Samus benefit from Physically Based Rendering which means lighting is more natural based on the material of cloth they are wearing. In the Wii version, lighting was pre-baked on the character, and the Zero Suit Samus in Smash 4 has unnatural glow which gives the cloth material a very plastic look.

Wii Fit trainer's and Zero Suit Samus' hair looks to have a much higher texture quality and higher polycount.

Don't focus on the actual textures, focus on texture quality. Don't focus on raw lighting, look at the lighting engine. Don't focus on pure reflections, focus on physically based rendering. Smash Bros Switch is a superior product visually.

It would be really cool if Goku is in Smash Bros Ultimate. If that happens, it would make the downgrades less of a turn off.

Zss and Wii fit were not playable in the demo, so we shouldn't judge them just yet.

This shows again the missing power of Nintendo systems. Even on PS2 were more upgraded character models!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]