By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - The art of bullying - The VIKING system

Many people believe bullying is all about being a coward, asserting physical dominance on someone to make up for insecurities, or that perhaps the bully is even jealous of the target. To that I say WRONG! The truth is, being a bully is all about getting off on the rush of knowing you have severely damaged another human being psychologically! Getting stuff out of them is an added bonus!

In this post, I hope to get down a good guide to becoming a bully. How you too can be the psychological terror of others. I call this the VIKING system, it is thoroughly tested, and about 75% of the time it works every time!

Step 1. Verify the Target - it'll be clear who is a good candidate to be a target. It has to be someone who has a sense of innocence and stupidity about them, someone that anyone with the smallest amount of common sense can manipulate. An obvious odd feature about them will help.

Step 2. Isolation - The first step is making sure that all and any potential allies of the target are clear that this person is gross, that association with them means they are equally gross. The best way to do this is to find a nickname for the target, something that rings true; it doesn't even have to be all that nasty, just something that others want to avoid.

Step 3. Knock them Vocally - At any opportunity, poke fun at them vocally; call them names. This will make them generally unhappy.

Step 4. Imbuing Constant Fear - at some point during the day, trip them, punch them in the face! It's best to have a lot of witnesses that won't rat you out for it (established from part 1, by getting people to see your way). The more public the location, the better; but make it so that you can't get proven guilty for it so you don't suffer any serious consequences. The witnesses are key, because they don't rat you out the target will feel there is no justice; the target will also feel "This guy can beat me up whenever he wants." So while you're living your life all happily and merrily, you have the luxury of knowing someone is in constant fear of you.

Step 5. Neglect - Leave your target alone, let them stew in thoughts. This will be where the damage you have done takes hold. You can ignore the fact the target even exists. But it's not over for them - they're in a state of constant fear and anxiety.

Step 6. Getting Results - You have broken this person; it's probably to the point where you can begin harvesting them for cash and favours. Get them to do outrageous things for you and your friends. And speaking of friends, encouraging them to take shots at the target is a great way to share getting off with others. Be kind, share the wealth is my motto! This will increase your popularity and make your target even more miserable.

There you have it,
Verify the Target
Isolation
Knock them vocally
Imbuing constant fear
Neglect
Getting results

the VIKING system.

Thoughts?

PS. For those of you who will judge this system as terrible, dare I say psychopathic? I suggest you look at your nation's foreign policy in present day, or historically. Do you belong to a country with such a tradition? We're all bullies on the inside... Well, except for our targets, those guys are the losers =D

Last edited by Jumpin - on 09 July 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Interested in the topic, can't wait to check back in when it's fully complete, do think you're giving the bully a motive which might not actually exist, think a lot of people who bullied in secondary school and such don't give a rats as they move on to college etc if the person they bullied kills them self over it they might not even find out if they've left their home town. I only found out years after that some of my ex school "friends" were dead and some by suicide.

People who are assholes to others don't tend to keep a diary about who they hurt as they go through life... think Bison said it best.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

Interested in the topic, can't wait to check back in when it's fully complete, do think you're giving the bully a motive which might not actually exist, think a lot of people who bullied in secondary school and such don't give a rats as they move on to college etc if the person they bullied kills them self over it they might not even find out if they've left their home town. I only found out years after that some of my ex school "friends" were dead and some by suicide.

People who are assholes to others don't tend to keep a diary about who they hurt as they go through life... think Bison said it best.

HAHA, I love the pic. Captures the spirit of the VIKING system very effectively. M Bison got off.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Ganoncrotch said:

HAHA, I love the pic. Captures the spirit of the VIKING system very effectively. M Bison got off.

Guess Bison used the system to some degree in that he left the places behind in fear of him for his SIN underlings to rule after he moved on to the next village to get more people under his thumb.

I guess the Neglect is the aspect of this that I think is the most painful for a person who gets bullied, often victims of bullying will have created a whole relationship in their head where the bully thinks of them as a 1:1 in importance, that the bully would spend their time thinking about how they're going to make life miserable for the victim, the reality of it is, the bully might not think about the victim until they see them walking on the corridor, as such the victim is pretty much beaten already before the bully opens his mouth, the victim has been fighting and losing the battle to the bully in his own head for days/weeks before this encounter, he is on the 12th round with him inside his head, at this point it would be mercy for the bully to put him out of his misery... but that mercy rarely comes. Done right the bully never needs to be the one that puts the victim out of the misery as such they won't suffer any real punishment when it ends, heck they're probably long since moved on with their lives as I said.

World is full of this going on though, to think that bullying only takes place in the school yard is like you said in the OP a farce, bullying can be everything from kids stealing each others toys, to Trump shoving someone else behind him in a line up for a photo op.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

SpokenTruth said:
Jumpin said:

Many people believe bullying is all about being a coward, asserting physical dominance on someone to make up for insecurities, or that perhaps the bully is even jealous of the target. To that I say WRONG! The truth is, being a bully is all about getting off on the rush of knowing you have severely damaged another human being psychologically! Getting stuff out of them is an added bonus!

It's not wrong....it's both.  Just depends on the bully and the motivations.  For some, it's passing on their insecurities and unchecked anger.  Often they are abused at home so they abuse others.  For some, it's just a rush to dominate others.  And for others still, it's a mix of both.  And certainly there are other motivations. 

That said, the US is indeed a major bully though its motivations are more complex given they stem from millions of policy makers, enforcers and supporters.  Though I'd say the overarching motivator is fear.  The irrational fear that the US will be surpassed by other nations as the world leaders as though that somehow means something tragic will happen to them.

Bullying is a fact of life, there will be weaker people who pretty much need the direction of people who are more assertive to take them and tell them that they aren't leaders but can instead do the job that they're good at, that happens in schools, sports, work, relationships.

It's not someone being insecure with themselves which allows them to go into an office where people are running about like headless chickens and their mere presence is enough to keep the lower ranked workers doing their job, also it's not a bad thing for the workplace as it creates an environment where work gets done rather than no one "fearing" repercussions of their boss seeing them as not doing their job right.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Jumpin said:

It's not wrong....it's both.  Just depends on the bully and the motivations.  For some, it's passing on their insecurities and unchecked anger.  Often they are abused at home so they abuse others.  For some, it's just a rush to dominate others.  And for others still, it's a mix of both.  And certainly there are other motivations. 

That said, the US is indeed a major bully though its motivations are more complex given they stem from millions of policy makers, enforcers and supporters.  Though I'd say the overarching motivator is fear.  The irrational fear that the US will be surpassed by other nations as the world leaders as though that somehow means something tragic will happen to them.

Oh no, if the USA is no longer number one, the world will crumble!!!!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SpokenTruth said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Bullying is a fact of life, there will be weaker people who pretty much need the direction of people who are more assertive to take them and tell them that they aren't leaders but can instead do the job that they're good at, that happens in schools, sports, work, relationships.

It's not someone being insecure with themselves which allows them to go into an office where people are running about like headless chickens and their mere presence is enough to keep the lower ranked workers doing their job, also it's not a bad thing for the workplace as it creates an environment where work gets done rather than no one "fearing" repercussions of their boss seeing them as not doing their job right.

Did you just confuse leadership with bullying?

no

I think given the name of the system people might be disappointed to find a lack of "looting" and pillaging. Although I guess you could include some of that in the Getting results phase.

But when you look back at something like highschool, if you can remember that bully from your classes name, be it bullying you or others, check them up on facebook, chances are they will be a manager or CEO somewhere from my experiences at least, I think it's only the victims of the events went on to have a fairly rough life after the fact, like I said one guy I know who was pushed around in school a fair deal ended up taking his own life years later. Guess we see it in USA now where a lot of the people who instigate school shootings are known to have been bullied by their peers. It's tragic when it comes to that, but in my experiences once those bullies go into the real world, most of them do just fine.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 09 July 2018

Well id bully someone in this thread into oblivion for that person deserves it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.