By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

ice said:
Runa216 said:

I think both are equally valuable, but I wish to see more original content and new IP than remakes. There's plenty of room in the industry for both, and I am happy to support both, but I think the better way to move the industry forward is with new IP and games. That said, I think remasters and remakes tend to be lower risk, so it's more steady income for the parent company! 

100% agree but if I had to choose one as the poll wanted it's Housemarque for the reasons you listed. For remakes and such, I think Bluepoint would be easy to remain as a close 2nd party, not to say they are any less valuable.

Exactly! Just commission them to do PS exclusives. Doesn't need to be their only income. There's no reason Xbox can't benefit from their awesome skills, too. 

Nintendo does not need bluepoint's skills. they can do their own remakes. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
twintail said:

There are very big differences btw getting Insomniac and getting HM or BP. 

Insomniac have a massive million seller IP on their hands: Spider-Man.

They are highly efficient: since the PS5 launch they have released Mile Morales, updated the first SM game, updated the graphics tech in MM, updated Ratchet PS4, and are about to launch the next Ratchet title.

They are experienced in VR.

That is not to say that I think Sony shouldn't get HM and BP (they totally should), but both combined are not even equivalent to the value Insomniac was.

It's ridiculous when you consider the output of Insomniac each gen, and the fact that Sony were able to acquire them for such a low price is actually mind blowing, lol

I'd call it theft if it wasn't good for all parties involved. I am so very happy for Insomniac, that's for sure. 

And seriously, I go back to their history and they have never done a game I didn't like! Even the Spyro the Dragon games have held up remarkably well (I loved and got platinum on the Reignited trilogy but didn't even make it half way through Crash Bandicoot 1 before giving up on that trash heap). Ratchet & Clank has never had a bad entry made by them, I actually really liked the resistance trilogy (the third one in particular), and the Spider-Man games have been tremendous successes both critically and financially. Add to that how much work they've done this last few years with two spider-man games and a ratchet game and multiple versions and this that and the other stuff...easily one of the best devs out there today. 

And sony got them for cracker scraps. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I think that is the first time there is so much interest about Ratchet & Clank, Rift Apart slowly become a PS5 superstar and I'm glad... me being a fan. Ratchet & Clank Saga always have great score on metacritic so I hope the same as well for this one and why not a GOTY nominee at least.

Last edited by CloudxTifa - on 08 May 2021

I have bought Marvel Spider-Man Miles Morales Deluxe Edition.

Last edited by CloudxTifa - on 09 May 2021

CloudxTifa said:

I have bought Marvel Spider-Man Miles Morales Deluxe Edition.

Let us know what you think! I quite enjoyed it and got the (very easy) platinum! I also went through and got all the spider-Man remastered trophies and loved an overwhelming majority of it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

Ok I will have it by wednesday. I will do the first one remastered before Miles Morales of course.

Footage for Village looks so damn awesome, and the gameplay looks scary just as much as we should expect of a horror game

However I struggle with first person games, after long playthroughs I often get motion-sick of the camera movement (followed by headaches but they aren't mandatory). I'm really hoping first person doesn't become the standard for future RE games

Runa216 said:
Bristow9091 said:

It's ridiculous when you consider the output of Insomniac each gen, and the fact that Sony were able to acquire them for such a low price is actually mind blowing, lol

I'd call it theft if it wasn't good for all parties involved. I am so very happy for Insomniac, that's for sure. 

And seriously, I go back to their history and they have never done a game I didn't like! Even the Spyro the Dragon games have held up remarkably well (I loved and got platinum on the Reignited trilogy but didn't even make it half way through Crash Bandicoot 1 before giving up on that trash heap). Ratchet & Clank has never had a bad entry made by them, I actually really liked the resistance trilogy (the third one in particular), and the Spider-Man games have been tremendous successes both critically and financially. Add to that how much work they've done this last few years with two spider-man games and a ratchet game and multiple versions and this that and the other stuff...easily one of the best devs out there today. 

And sony got them for cracker scraps. 

Some of the non PS exclusive from Insomniac weren't quite as good as their exclusives.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

VersusEvil said:

Good thing about working morning shifts is that 4am wakeup, managed to get a PS5 earlier today. Boy it's a chonka tho .. will probably not be played much untill June as Mass Effect Legendary launches this week and I'll be playing that on Series X. So far tho from the very limited amount of time I've spent using this, there's some things I instantly like, the store integration is a much welcome change and the OS is alot cleaner than I expected. The Dualsense has a decent heft to it but i had to turn off its features as I can't stand vibration ever and I hate the trigger effects, but it's a great upgrade over the DS4. I can't really give my opinions on games tho as it'll be a little while longer till I really dive into that, but I've atleast secured one before Ratchet launches. 

But what about all the PS4 games and free PS5 upgrades? A lot of games play SO much better on PS5 than they did on PS5. Like, borderlands 3 is like night and day between them. Playing Ghost of Tsushima or Days gone on Ps5 is like a whole new experience! 

And you get the PS+ Collection, so that's nice! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I'm enjoying my PS4 Pro and PS Vita so much that I don't mind that it will be a while before I get a PS5. For reference, I've only had a PS4 since mid-2019 and a Vita since early 2021. I never had PlayStation hardware before those two.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima