By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | PS5 is here! | Reviews are now live

Best PS5 feature:

PS5 UI 2 2.70%

Customisable Console 0 0%

Super Fast SSD 30 40.54%

Dualsense 21 28.38%

3D Audio 0 0%

Launch Lineup 7 9.46%

Full PS4 BC 8 10.81%

Free PS5 Upgrades 2 2.70%

Performance (e.g. 60FPS) 3 4.05%

Other 1 1.35%

Total:74
hinch said:

Okay, so brief impressions after about an hour of setup and play.. Opening up, this is this a big, girthy console lol. Loving the new controller, feel much more substantial than the DS4. Formatted my USB thumb-stick and will use in the future to store my PS4 games.

Played through the first level of Astro's Playroom and man, the game is such a bundle of joy. I'd advise any new PS5 owners to try that first, its great! Haptic feedback and triggers is something else! Want all games to utilize them :D

Try 3D audio on headphone on Astro's and tell us as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

I would love to hear what people thought of the #d Audio in Astro. I didn't notice any difference from say directional audio.My speakers sounded the same as my headphones. I can tell the cloud is blowing to the left or right, but I didn't sense any "on top, below, or behind" etc.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:
axumblade said:
I've only played Spider-Man: Miles Morales but it's insane just how fast the load times are.

Right? I opened it to get my copy of Spider-Man Remastered (That's not how you get it, I was misinformed) and was practically playing the game before I realized what was happening. 

Did you managed to get your remastered copy working?

yeah, but I had to find my downloads list on the browser store and remotely start the download from there. that was the only way it worked

Might sound weird but honestly I wish I was in your position right now... at least I'd have a PS5 lol :P 

Not weird at all! I mean, I scrounged and scraped to make it happen so it's not like I didn't earn it...but at the same time, man I wish I wasn't worried about everything all the time

Runa216 said:
Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:
axumblade said:
I've only played Spider-Man: Miles Morales but it's insane just how fast the load times are.

Right? I opened it to get my copy of Spider-Man Remastered (That's not how you get it, I was misinformed) and was practically playing the game before I realized what was happening. 

yeah, but I had to find my downloads list on the browser store and remotely start the download from there. that was the only way it worked

Might sound weird but honestly I wish I was in your position right now... at least I'd have a PS5 lol :P 

Not weird at all! I mean, I scrounged and scraped to make it happen so it's not like I didn't earn it...but at the same time, man I wish I wasn't worried about everything all the time

Yeah even if I had the money for one, I doubt I'd be able to get my hands on one until way after Christmas now, which I'm fine with anyway... the having to wait part that is, I'm not fine with being so ridiculously poor right now! Going the entire year without a job and having to scrape by, only starting to see money go INTO my bank within the last two months thanks to Twitch lol... it's been interesting that's for sure! 2020 sucks, at least it's been made better for people who managed to afford and get their hands on a PS5... and other things of course, but mainly the PS5 :P

DonFerrari said:
hinch said:

Okay, so brief impressions after about an hour of setup and play.. Opening up, this is this a big, girthy console lol. Loving the new controller, feel much more substantial than the DS4. Formatted my USB thumb-stick and will use in the future to store my PS4 games.

Played through the first level of Astro's Playroom and man, the game is such a bundle of joy. I'd advise any new PS5 owners to try that first, its great! Haptic feedback and triggers is something else! Want all games to utilize them :D

Try 3D audio on headphone on Astro's and tell us as well.

Played through some of the first ice level as shown in previews with some cheap headphones (Koss KPH30i's) plugged into the controller.  The 3D sound works and is pretty cool. Can hear stuff behind and around me and can quite accurately pinpoint sounds from several different directions.

I used the default HRTF which seems to work well enough for me. There are also other presets in the settings (2 iirc).

Last edited by hinch - on 19 November 2020

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:
Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:

Yeah even if I had the money for one, I doubt I'd be able to get my hands on one until way after Christmas now, which I'm fine with anyway... the having to wait part that is, I'm not fine with being so ridiculously poor right now! Going the entire year without a job and having to scrape by, only starting to see money go INTO my bank within the last two months thanks to Twitch lol... it's been interesting that's for sure! 2020 sucks, at least it's been made better for people who managed to afford and get their hands on a PS5... and other things of course, but mainly the PS5 :P

Will pray for you to find your ground, you are a fine person and good mod.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:
Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:
axumblade said:

I relate so hard to this. Fortunately I have a lovely roommate and patrons on Patreon that support me and have all year. Can't wait to be back to work so I can properly thank them all for supporting me. 

One thing I noticed on unboxings is how everyone will scratch a lot their PS5 opening it for the first time (the white shell) and how disturbing it was to me.I mean, yeah, it'll be hidden once they put it back but they are there, and will always be, for someone like me that's a nightmare, lol.Only opening it once for the ssd expansion and with lots of care, those dust hole just became irrelevant to me, lol.

Today my PS5 arrived and for the moment it works fine.

When a CD is inserted at first in the first hour it sounds like a slight hum but then it is completely silent, I played Astroboy for a couple of hours and then Yakuza Like a Dragon and everything was great.

The Dualsense controller is incredible, with the Astroboy game I had the feeling that there was something alive inside my controller.

Last edited by Ryotsu - on 19 November 2020

Interesting article with Jim Ryan today.

https://tass.com/economy/1225233

Pretty good read but the 2 sections that stuck out to me was:

"So how did you feel about Microsoft offering to buy Zenimax/Besthesda? Is there a possibility that PlayStation gamers will not be able to play the next Elder Scrolls game or Starfield?

- That’s a decision that is out of our hands, we’ll wait and see what happens. I look forward to learning about that. We just take a different approach. Our emphasis has been to focus on really steady, slow, but constant organic growth of our studios, selectively bolstered by acquisitions. We respect the steps taken by our competition, they seem logical and sensible. But we’re equally happy and confident, we’ve got a better launch lineup than we’ve ever had at any of our console launches."

"How will you respond to Microsoft’s Game Pass?

- There is actually news to come, but just not today. We have PlayStation Now which is our subscription service, and that is available in a number of markets."