By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Btw, has anybody had Astro's Playroom crash on them? It happened twice to me but never during AC Valhalla.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Can anyone "explain" Tempest 3d Audio? Including examples and what headphones you're using?I check the Audio settings 1 through 5 - all sound the same to me.I checked the "memory meadows" in Astro Playroom - it all sounds the same.The headphones plugged into my controller, my TV's rear speakers, and bluetooth connected to my soundbar all sound the same. They do the noise in one ear when you are posted that direct etc.So either they are "all' doing it or none.

I was glad to find that my HyperX Cloud headset worked just like it does on my PS4, if not better. I'll have to compare the sound to some wired cans this weekend, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting the 3d audio. It's not transformative so far but I do get a sense of where sounds are coming from, including above and below. Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of app to optimize the sound to your ear? Gonna have to look into that.

Just got an email from Amazon UK. Paid and processing and delivery upgraded for day 1 release. Itsfinallyhappening gif.

hinch said:

Just got an email from Amazon UK. Paid and processing and delivery upgraded for day 1 release. Itsfinallyhappening gif.

Congrats. My ears will be open for the next 5-6 months hearing yours experiences to hype myself for when I can purchase it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Cheers. Yeah will post impressions and stuff. So hyped.

So glad that they're prepping early, and not sitting still on a botched launch. Was a bit worried they'd scuff it.

Around the Network

My Ps5 has been doing weird things since I got it. While anything on the internal drive seems to be fine (I can play Miles morales and Demon's Souls and Bugsnax and Astro's Playroom without issue most of the time), I'm noticing I have some real issues with any PS4 games I have installed on my external hard drive.

These games worked just fine at first. I plugged the drive in day one, I was able to play Red Dead Redemption with ease, I could do Rock Band and download PS+ collection stuff without issue. I did notice sometimes that it took a little while for "Your collection" to show more than a handful of games, and sometimes it'd give me troubles, but after a bit of patience it was fine.

But now, it seems to not want to load anything off the external at all. I was able to look at my collection,b ut now all it's registering is whatever's on PS5 and the handful of PS+ collection games I downloaded since getting the PS5. Any old games I already had installed aren't even showing up in the list. the other two options (PS+ collection and whatever else it was) don't even show up and it's not even giving me filter or sorting options on my collection.

Furthermore, any time I do try to load something, access the store, or do an update, I get a 'please wait' notification at the bottom of the screen followed by 'We can't find what you're looking for'. In addition to that, when I try to load Demon's Souls, it takes like 3-5 minutes to open now (it used to be virtually instant on release day). Once it's open the game can be played and data can be transferred without issue. I just don't understand what it is that isn't working.

I did shut the system off and start it up again, where I got a 'your external hard drive was not removed properly last time, here's how to remove it properly in the future' prompt, but I can't even do that because when I go to settings - storage - extended storage, I click the button and nothing happens. It leaves me on a screen that says "Use a USB Drive formatted as extended storage...Connect a USB drive to start formatting it for your PS5." You know, the screen you get for a split second before it registers the drive, but it just doesn't seem to register said drive or acknowledge its existence.

But it does. when I shut the system off entirely and removed the drive (because it's not allowing me to safely remove it), it acknowledges that I removed it improperly. When I plugged said drive into the front, it acknowledged and informed me that it isn't supposed to go in the front (Which is a huge improvement from the PS4 if we're being honest).

And when I got the option to repair the drive, I did so...but it didn't actually fix anything.

Has anyone else been having these issues? I googled many variations on "PS5 can't read external drive", and I tried searching this forum, but all I get is reminders that the PS5 game data can't be moved to the external and that it only works while on the internal SSD. I get that. I know that already. I understand the limitations and why that's the case.

I thought maybe it was because I wasn't connected to the internet, but I am. I tested the connection and I have a download speed of 208mbps, as well as an upload of 24. I can watch Netflix, but any time I visit the store it tells me "please wait" followed by "We can't find what you're looking for".

right now, I'm trying to leave it as is. I THINK it might just be taking a while to read the whole drive (if and when I ever removed the drive from the PS4, it had to manually reread and rebuild the database). So I'll be sure to give y'all an update if hours of patience works. Maybe I just gotta stop shutting the system off an instead leave it in rest mode? I mean, I'm willing to try anything at this point. Struggled a lot to get the console, and 90% of the reason I was able to get it was because I promised my roommate she could install all her PS4 games on the drive and we could use the PS5 as our primary living room hub. Without her help I'd not have been able to afford the console, games, controllers, and accessories.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Sad to hear it, and well it happens on launch, have you tried installing in the internal the game you want to play and them later delete it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Apparently rest mode is a bit buggy for now. Best do a full shutdown on PS5 and close apps before doing going rest mode.

Nymeria said:
Dark Cloud could have such amazing possibilities on PS4 or PS5.

I'd be happy seeing Ape Escape or Wild Arms come back as well.

Dark Cloud wouldn't be the same given how Level 5 has been doing. Wild Arms might be interesting if they had the right team. 

Little update: Upon removing the external Hard Drive, I've had no problems.

IT's too early for a diagnostic analysis, but I removed the external Hard drive, restarted the console, and everything booted up quicker than it has since I got it. Demon's Souls loaded within seconds, I had no crashes, the UI didn't bug out on me. The console worked flawlessly long enough for me to do two areas and two bosses in Demon's Souls. But while I had the hard drive on, just navigating menus was laggy, browsing the PS store gave me 'please wait..we can't find what you're looking for' errors, the 'your collection' and 'installed' tabs of my library were kaput and sometimes just would load, trying to brows the external hard drive in settings -> Storage -> External left me without any sort of visual representation, just a reminder than I'm able to install a hard drive.

Which was weird. it was READING the drive, I could load games from the drive, I just couldn't view it and any attempt I made to do so seemed to temporarily brick it, making me unable to load games from it. As long as I didn't attempt to browse the contents it worked, but slowed the whole system down. I guess no PS4 games for me on my PS5 until they smooth that out or figure out what's wrong. I guess I can get a better external, but I'd rather not have to go that route if I can manage it. That shit's expensive.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android