By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Runa216 said:
TallSilhouette said:
PS5 set up and configured to my liking (very intuitive, very few changes needed). Just downloading some data off my PS4 right now. Really digging the new UI; very modern and elegant. Gonna take a little getting used to, but not much. The console itself honestly doesn't feel that much bigger or heavier than the rest of my entertainment center and looks just fine. Nothing but good notes about the DualSense so far, though I've yet to put it through its paces. Tomorrow night I'll try to get through Play Room, then this weekend it's the remastered web slinging I've been looking so forward to returning to. Getting acquainted with my first new PS in 7 years was enough for tonight. Until tomorrow!

As of now I have only two (maybe three) minor issues. 

1 - The lack of folders is infuriating to me. I know that sounds like a Runa problem (and it is), and I know they'll come eventually, but I put a lot of effort into making subfolders on my PS4 to sort out faves, indies, PS+ titles, etc. I know I can do that with the library filters, but it's not the same. And I can't seem to make things not show (like disc games I have DLC for, or PS+ games I'll literally never play), which is frustrating. 

2 - Middle-Earth: Shadow of War seems to be glitched. Says it's installed, I have all the DLC, but I can't play nor delete it to refresh it. I got the game through PS+ this month, but then saw I could buy the version with all the DLC for 16 CAD so I bought it...but this was after I transferred the file to the PS5's external drive. Might need to restore licenses or something. I dunno.

3 - I can't seem to get the remote play to work. I did the thing on the PS5, it gave me a code to put in, so I went up on my PS4, clicked 'PS5 Remote play', went through the paces, put in the code...and nothing. It accepts the code, but then puts me back to put it in again without any explanation of it being wrong or something.

Ah well. These are kinks I'm sure will get cleaned up soon enough. Sony did a great job giving us features and functionality last gen, no console is perfect at launch, and these are pretty minor things. The games work well, the backward compatibility works well, everything is coming along very well. Gonna be as much as a year before they really give us back all the features I love on the PS4 (Can't wait for Themes to return), but in the mean time I have some backlog to clear out as well as Demon's Souls to conquer. TALLY HO! 

Unfortunatelly that is how launches works, a lot of glitches and missing features =[

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:
TallSilhouette said:
PS5 set up and configured to my liking (very intuitive, very few changes needed). Just downloading some data off my PS4 right now. Really digging the new UI; very modern and elegant. Gonna take a little getting used to, but not much. The console itself honestly doesn't feel that much bigger or heavier than the rest of my entertainment center and looks just fine. Nothing but good notes about the DualSense so far, though I've yet to put it through its paces. Tomorrow night I'll try to get through Play Room, then this weekend it's the remastered web slinging I've been looking so forward to returning to. Getting acquainted with my first new PS in 7 years was enough for tonight. Until tomorrow!

As of now I have only two (maybe three) minor issues. 

1 - The lack of folders is infuriating to me. I know that sounds like a Runa problem (and it is), and I know they'll come eventually, but I put a lot of effort into making subfolders on my PS4 to sort out faves, indies, PS+ titles, etc. I know I can do that with the library filters, but it's not the same. And I can't seem to make things not show (like disc games I have DLC for, or PS+ games I'll literally never play), which is frustrating. 

2 - Middle-Earth: Shadow of War seems to be glitched. Says it's installed, I have all the DLC, but I can't play nor delete it to refresh it. I got the game through PS+ this month, but then saw I could buy the version with all the DLC for 16 CAD so I bought it...but this was after I transferred the file to the PS5's external drive. Might need to restore licenses or something. I dunno.

3 - I can't seem to get the remote play to work. I did the thing on the PS5, it gave me a code to put in, so I went up on my PS4, clicked 'PS5 Remote play', went through the paces, put in the code...and nothing. It accepts the code, but then puts me back to put it in again without any explanation of it being wrong or something.

Ah well. These are kinks I'm sure will get cleaned up soon enough. Sony did a great job giving us features and functionality last gen, no console is perfect at launch, and these are pretty minor things. The games work well, the backward compatibility works well, everything is coming along very well. Gonna be as much as a year before they really give us back all the features I love on the PS4 (Can't wait for Themes to return), but in the mean time I have some backlog to clear out as well as Demon's Souls to conquer. TALLY HO! 

Unfortunatelly that is how launches works, a lot of glitches and missing features =[

yeah I know, that's whyI mad it clear it's not all that upsetting and that I know it'll get fixed. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

It's here!!!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

My roommate's finally taking advantage of the Ps5. She's appreciating it. Chose Skyrim to be her first game! Weird choice but I approve. I've been having a great time with Demon's Souls. did some grinding, feels pretty good. I definitely made my character an early-game beast!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Bandorr said:
Runa216 said:
My roommate's finally taking advantage of the Ps5. She's appreciating it. Chose Skyrim to be her first game! Weird choice but I approve. I've been having a great time with Demon's Souls. did some grinding, feels pretty good. I definitely made my character an early-game beast!

Never played the game. I ended up getting it because I wanted a second PS5 game. Specially one exclusive to the PS5.

I'm probably going the wizard guy because I hear the ranged attack is good for beginners. Any tips?

Tip 1 - Accept that you will die. a lot. Do not see it as failure, but as an opportunity to learn and do better. 

Tip 2 - Magic is the game's hidden easy mode.

Tip 3 - Shields and endurance are key! Everything is based on endurance/stamina, and shields help you a lot. 

Tip 4 - Spend all your souls as best you can as soon as you can. That means buy healing grass and levels and supplies as soon as you can for fear of losing said souls

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

It has arrived!

Bristow9091 said:
Bandorr said:
Runa216 said:

Never played the game. I ended up getting it because I wanted a second PS5 game. Specially one exclusive to the PS5.

I'm probably going the wizard guy because I hear the ranged attack is good for beginners. Any tips?

Runa216 said:
Bandorr said:
Runa216 said:

Tip 1 - Accept that you will die. a lot. Do not see it as failure, but as an opportunity to learn and do better. 

Tip 2 - Magic is the game's hidden easy mode.

Tip 3 - Shields and endurance are key! Everything is based on endurance/stamina, and shields help you a lot. 

Tip 4 - Spend all your souls as best you can as soon as you can. That means buy healing grass and levels and supplies as soon as you can for fear of losing said souls

Tip 5 - Get used to the fact that you'll be spending a lot of time with a capped health bar at 50% (Or 75% if you get the Cling Ring in world 1-1, very easy to get super early), Having a full 100% health bar is basically a bonus and not the norm! :P 

I kinda prefer how Dark souls III did it. You had your base health and got a 30% boost if you were embered. It didn't constantly look like you had life taken away as a punishment, you got a bonus. I still think the balance on Demon's Souls is good in the end, it just has this weird perception about it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

As of right now:

92 - Demon's Souls Remake
85 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales
83 - Astro's Playroom
82 - The Pathless
78 - Sackboy: A big Adventure

I mean, that's an outstanding launch lineup of exclusives, from one end of the spectrum to the other. Astro's playroom might be the best pack-in tech-demo game ever (And it's giving me huge Wii Sports vibes), Demon's Souls is an absolutely stellar remake of an underrated classic, Miles morales is alovely bite-sized addendum to quite possibly the best superhero game ever,while Sackboy is a fully functional and enjoyable romp on its own and The Pathless is a lovely indie game. I don't know how anyone can bemoan this launch lineup, and that's just the exclusives.

I don't much care for the other games launching for the system, but Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are pretty good, too. Oh, and does Spider-Man Remastered count? I dunno. all I know for sure is that I can't find a better launch lineup overall. I enjoyed Breath of the Wild more than any one game on this list, but this is 5 exclusive games, all of them some level of good to great. Has anyone ever actually compared the PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS5 launches? I'd love to hear what people have to say.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Ok, those Astro Bots are super fucking cute. Playroom is a lot more substantial than I thought. So many references and tributes in each level. Only got halfway through it tonight. Great pack-in title. Need to get around to Rescue Mission at some point.

Just plated Astro's Playroom!. Lot of personality those little bots have. Very nostalgic too!