By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | August Plus Games Announced

hinch said:

Should really try more Souls like games (have Nioh 1+2 and BB) but get distracted by so many other games and lack the patience to endure lol.

Playing MK 11 Ultimate rn that I got recently for the PS5, in anticipation for the movie and loving it so far. Tbh not really played much MK games in a long time and only watched a few animated movies and series so I'm not up to date with the latest goings, and a lot has moved on a lot since (think it was maybe MK3). Though I'm really liking the story and single player aspect so far. The gameplay is also very satisfying as are the combos and the roster is pretty nice. not sure who to main yet xP But yeah fighting games have been lacking good SP content for a while and WB has done a great job here.

Situations like this actually sound like you need a coop partner. I know it's not a 'pure' way to enjoy the game, but I helped a couple friends through the games (Dark Souls III and Bloodborne), and they ended up loving it. solo? Hated it. coop? Loved it. 

Sometimes you just gotta find your own way to tackle the games. for some it's bashing your head against a wall 'til you see it start to chip away. for others, it involves jolly cooperation. both are equally valid, you just gotta play the game in a way that makes you happy! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

It sounds to me like you might just not be using a good build. I have never felt that Dark Souls III was clunky or obtuse. Then again, I adapt pretty easily. I went from a nimble hoonter ninja in bloodborne to a tankyboi in Dark Souls so what do I know? 

I mean, I went with a DEX build to use faster weapons to help adapt to the faster gameplay, but I really miss the dodges of Bloodborne, the rolls just feel like going back to the stone ages lol :P I wouldn't say my build isn't good, it's actually a ridiculously OP PvP build, and that's what I aimed for from the start, but that would also work with PvE. I capped my VIT at 27, DEX at 40, and everything else in END so I've got a ton of stamina for combos and rolls.

Also just sayin', but I too went from a speedy boi hoonter to a slow and steady tank on Dark Souls Remastered, not necessarily a "tank" tank, but heavy armour and shield on my back (Grass Crest for stamina!) with a Black Knight Greatsword held in 2H, lol :P did completely fine with it too. Dark Souls 3 just feels like it's having a bit of an identity crisis... the attacks, enemy movement and attacks scream Bloodborne, whereas the player movement screams Souls... I think if they either slowed enemies down a bit, or allowed players to dodge Bloodborne style, it'd solve my only real issue with the game lol. Don't get me wrong though, other than that the game is actually amazing, lol :P 

Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:

It sounds to me like you might just not be using a good build. I have never felt that Dark Souls III was clunky or obtuse. Then again, I adapt pretty easily. I went from a nimble hoonter ninja in bloodborne to a tankyboi in Dark Souls so what do I know? 

I mean, I went with a DEX build to use faster weapons to help adapt to the faster gameplay, but I really miss the dodges of Bloodborne, the rolls just feel like going back to the stone ages lol :P I wouldn't say my build isn't good, it's actually a ridiculously OP PvP build, and that's what I aimed for from the start, but that would also work with PvE. I capped my VIT at 27, DEX at 40, and everything else in END so I've got a ton of stamina for combos and rolls.

Also just sayin', but I too went from a speedy boi hoonter to a slow and steady tank on Dark Souls Remastered, not necessarily a "tank" tank, but heavy armour and shield on my back (Grass Crest for stamina!) with a Black Knight Greatsword held in 2H, lol :P did completely fine with it too. Dark Souls 3 just feels like it's having a bit of an identity crisis... the attacks, enemy movement and attacks scream Bloodborne, whereas the player movement screams Souls... I think if they either slowed enemies down a bit, or allowed players to dodge Bloodborne style, it'd solve my only real issue with the game lol. Don't get me wrong though, other than that the game is actually amazing, lol :P 

How's your weight to strength ratio? Gotta keep it under 70% (As I'm sure you know since you played Dark Souls 1). I had a hard time keeping it balanced but once I did I found it ALMOST as clean as Bloodborne. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Runa216 said:
Bristow9091 said:

How's your weight to strength ratio? Gotta keep it under 70% (As I'm sure you know since you played Dark Souls 1). I had a hard time keeping it balanced but once I did I found it ALMOST as clean as Bloodborne. 

With everything on, including my Old Wolf Curved Sword (13 weight on its own), I'm at 62%, comfortably in the midroll weight. I can also equip a bow or catalyst for long range and heals without going over the threshold. Dark Souls 2 is the only game of the three where I've managed to get fast rolls lol, and that's because I played as a caster!

Runa216 said:
hinch said:

Should really try more Souls like games (have Nioh 1+2 and BB) but get distracted by so many other games and lack the patience to endure lol.

Playing MK 11 Ultimate rn that I got recently for the PS5, in anticipation for the movie and loving it so far. Tbh not really played much MK games in a long time and only watched a few animated movies and series so I'm not up to date with the latest goings, and a lot has moved on a lot since (think it was maybe MK3). Though I'm really liking the story and single player aspect so far. The gameplay is also very satisfying as are the combos and the roster is pretty nice. not sure who to main yet xP But yeah fighting games have been lacking good SP content for a while and WB has done a great job here.

Situations like this actually sound like you need a coop partner. I know it's not a 'pure' way to enjoy the game, but I helped a couple friends through the games (Dark Souls III and Bloodborne), and they ended up loving it. solo? Hated it. coop? Loved it. 

Sometimes you just gotta find your own way to tackle the games. for some it's bashing your head against a wall 'til you see it start to chip away. for others, it involves jolly cooperation. both are equally valid, you just gotta play the game in a way that makes you happy! 

Yeah might give it another shot, been mainly playing on PC so haven't really looked into it. I'll probably research before starting each game and go the most OP class and spec, then cheese them lol.

Around the Network
hinch said:
Runa216 said:

Yeah might give it another shot, been mainly playing on PC so haven't really looked into it. I'll probably research before starting each game and go the most OP class and spec, then cheese them lol.

How to become OP in each Dark Souls game - a TL;DR guide:

DS1 - Get a Black Knight weapon, preferably Halberd (Can kill the Black Knight for it within five minutes of starting the game)
DS2 - Get 20 INT and FTH, unlock Hexes, spam Dark Orb and Dark Hail (Takes a bit more time but magic is just super duper OP here)
DS3 - Get the Sellsword Twinblades, imbue with Sharp and pump up DEX (Can start with the weapons as Mercenary)

Just looking back on some old stuff of mine and don't think I've ever really shared this before. Think it's the only thing I've ever actually uploaded to YT. Maybe that'll change soon.

So, I confess: I only just played Undertale for the first time this month. Uh. yeah that hurt my soul.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

Top 6 this generation: 

Bristow9091 said:
hinch said:

How to become OP in each Dark Souls game - a TL;DR guide:

DS1 - Get a Black Knight weapon, preferably Halberd (Can kill the Black Knight for it within five minutes of starting the game)
DS2 - Get 20 INT and FTH, unlock Hexes, spam Dark Orb and Dark Hail (Takes a bit more time but magic is just super duper OP here)
DS3 - Get the Sellsword Twinblades, imbue with Sharp and pump up DEX (Can start with the weapons as Mercenary)

Just checked my library and have DS on Steam. Been collecting games on PC and not playing most of them lol.

Think its time.. thanks btw!

Runa216 said:

So, I confess: I only just played Undertale for the first time this month. Uh. yeah that hurt my soul.

In which way?

Undertale is pretty good, the soundtrack is amazing.