By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

3 weeks ago, after too much farming I finally got the platinum for Returnal, fantastic game.

That and Batman Arkham Asylum are the only platinums I have, yeah, I suck regarding platinums.

Around the Network
twintail said:
gooch_destroyer said:

I saw a rumor about Metal Gear Revengence being made for PS4/5

A remaster of that would be cool

I have a copy of it on my shelf. 

kazuyamishima said:

3 weeks ago, after too much farming I finally got the platinum for Returnal, fantastic game.

That and Batman Arkham Asylum are the only platinums I have, yeah, I suck regarding platinums.

Don't feel bad, I only have 2 as well, Minecraft and No Man's Sky.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
kazuyamishima said:

Don't feel bad, I only have 2 as well, Minecraft and No Man's Sky.

I think I have like 50 or something, most were by accident or came naturally. But then in 2018 I got like three in a row and since then I've...gotten like half of my platinums

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Gematsu has word that the new Silent Hill is being produced by Kojima Productions.

"Gematsu has also heard that a new Silent Hill is in development at a prominent Japanese developer. That studio is Kojima Productions, according to a publishing source that wishes to remain anonymous, who also said that the game is funded by Sony Interactive Entertainment."
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/rumor-konami-developing-castlevania-metal-gear-solid-and-silent-hill-revivals

I mean the guys been teasing SH stuff for months now, so it would make a lot of sense. Be mindful this is a rumor as to not get your hopes up lol.

Around the Network
Conina said:
DonFerrari said:

You are right, double the resolution in a single dimension means quadruple bandwidht more or less.

So yep let's say 8k60fps would be double the bandwidth of 4k120fps (one we know PS5 do have), but looking at your table some 8k60fps could be output through 2.1 so at most a fw update could be sufficient.

Only with heavy Chroma subsampling 4:2:0 or 4:1:1.... ergo many wrong colors:

True enough. But considering the title in question, 8k, 60fps and color precision isn't really something that important for it =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

hinch said:

Gematsu has word that the new Silent Hill is being produced by Kojima Productions.

"Gematsu has also heard that a new Silent Hill is in development at a prominent Japanese developer. That studio is Kojima Productions, according to a publishing source that wishes to remain anonymous, who also said that the game is funded by Sony Interactive Entertainment."
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/rumor-konami-developing-castlevania-metal-gear-solid-and-silent-hill-revivals

I mean the guys been teasing SH stuff for months now, so it would make a lot of sense. Be mindful this is a rumor as to not get your hopes up lol.

so that was a lie. 

gooch_destroyer said:

so that was a lie. 

Gematsu is a better source than most though I wouldn't count on it (or out for that matter).

As a fan of the series this would be too good to be true and a reverse timeline of us getting the original cancelled Silent Hills. Instead of that SH by Bloober that was heavily hinted at earlier this year. In any case hopefully we can get at least one decent Silent Hill game out of all this xP

Last edited by hinch - on 02 October 2021

Got a lot of screenshots to offload. Start with my replay of the PS5 edition of A Plague Tale:

$120 a year on GPU is expensive. You can still convert Xbox Live Gold into Game Pass iirc which should work out cheaper

As for the griefers and trolls just ignore them and enjoy your games. No point in up getting worked up over a game, if you do you could play something else. They're not worth your time.