By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | Defaulted

gtotheunit91 said:

Are there any rumors about what this multiplayer project is? If not, I hope it's Resistance based! Still amazed Insomniac is already working on Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine concurrently, and now this. Although, it does make me wonder if it may be Marvel based?

Resistance is most likely.

Although S-M and even Wolverine could work well with couch co-op.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Are there any rumors about what this multiplayer project is? If not, I hope it's Resistance based! Still amazed Insomniac is already working on Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine concurrently, and now this. Although, it does make me wonder if it may be Marvel based?

I'm hoping its a new IP. 

the-pi-guy said:

Roberto is a hack. Always been one. Glad to see he clowned himself here. Literally looks like an idiot trying to gain clout on something he knows nothing about.

PotentHerbs said:

It seems like Sony has fixed the discounted PS+ tier pricing.

Good. Really nothing more I can say about it. Maybe it was an technical error. Maybe it wasn't. 

gtotheunit91 said:

I'm pretty sure a lot of speculation is leaning towards this being X-Men. But that's just speculation, not even rumours.

As for the 'new ip' part: that strikes me as nothing because it could be very context specific.

A new X-Men series could be a new IP. X-Men for Insomniac could be a new IP. It doesn't mean much at this stage I feel.

twintail said:

Roberto is a hack. Always been one. Glad to see he clowned himself here. Literally looks like an idiot trying to gain clout on something he knows nothing about.

Yep  

I do have to imagine, that if it were Marvel related, they would similarly to Wolverine, announce it early to attract developers and avoid leaks.

Not sure if this was posted but dayum , what a timeline

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/pdf/2022/GNS_E.pdf

BasilZero said:

Not sure if this was posted but dayum , what a timeline

Good lord and that's just with 3 major games! The God of War PC port was top notch and I can't wait for Uncharted to come to PC soon.

gtotheunit91 said:

Good lord and that's just with 3 major games! The God of War PC port was top notch and I can't wait for Uncharted to come to PC soon.

Ghost of Tsushima is rumored to be the next game to come out to PC after Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy.

As much as I like the recent games coming to PC....I'm hoping for a collection port ;(

So far I got Horizon, might get Days Gone next since its closer to the price I dip games on - would be a first purchase since I dont have the PS4 ver. God of War I already have on PS4 so no rush in buying it on PC but I'll get it eventually.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Lots of great insight on the PlayStation platform from Sony's latest briefing:

- Through 72 weeks in China, the PS5 has sold 670K units, compared to the PS4 which sold 250K
- HZD sold 2.3M on PC, Days Gone sold 852K on PC, God of War sold 971K on PC
- Significant PC revenue projections by FY25
- 50/50 investment into new/existing IP's

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 25 May 2022

PotentHerbs said:

Lots of great insight on the PlayStation platform from Sony's latest briefing:

- Through 72 weeks in China, the PS5 has sold 670K units, compared to the PS4 which sold 250K
- HZD sold 2.3M on PC, Days Gone sold 852K on PC, God of War sold 971K on PC
- Significant PC revenue projections by FY25
- 50/50 investment into new/existing IP's

In addition to this, 3 new shows officially confirmed:

Horizon (Netflix)

GoW (Amazon)

Gran Turismo (tba)