By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | Defaulted

It looks like EA is next in line for the consolidation train.

The good thing is most of their sports titles will remain multiplatform due to licensing agreements. Although I hope it pushes Sony to pursue another sports license outside of MLB. Imagine SIE building a studio from the ground up to make a new Madden IP? Or expanding San Diego Studios so they can reboot NBA The Show?

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 21 May 2022

Around the Network

Decent list but I hope we get more down the line. (At least more often than what Nintendo does with their service or what Sony did few years back to PS2 to PS4 classics).

Basil's YouTube Channel

PotentHerbs said:

It looks like EA is next in line for the consolidation train.

The good thing is most of their sports titles will remain multiplatform due to licensing agreements. Although I hope it pushes Sony to pursue another sports license outside of MLB. Imagine SIE building a studio from the ground up to make a new Madden IP? Or expanding San Diego Studios so they can reboot NBA The Show?

You know, I'm surprised Sony doesn't try to push Hot Shots Golf + Tennis into the multiplatform stage. The IP does nothing to move consoles imho, and I think with licensing (or not) there's the potential to make them both worthwhile sports titles.

BasilZero said:

Decent list but I hope we get more down the line. (At least more often than what Nintendo does with their service or what Sony did few years back to PS2 to PS4 classics).

I recall hearing how trophy support really made PS2 to PS4 adoption difficult. I wonder if the process has been made easier.

Nonetheless I think trophies shouldn't be mandatory, but patchable if publishers choose to do it at a later stage. Unless trophy implementation is easier. 

Also, Sony needs to push for as much of their catalogue to be present on the service. This should be the bare minimum imho

twintail said:

BasilZero said:

I recall hearing how trophy support really made PS2 to PS4 adoption difficult. I wonder if the process has been made easier.

Nonetheless I think trophies shouldn't be mandatory, but patchable if publishers choose to do it at a later stage. Unless trophy implementation is easier. 

Also, Sony needs to push for as much of their catalogue to be present on the service. This should be the bare minimum imho

As much as I casually like Trophies, I wouldnt mind if its not required.

I'd rather have more games to play than trophies to collect (which I dont do religiously but only casually lol).

Basil's YouTube Channel

I don't think trophies are mandatory.

Sony Bend was spotlighting Syphon Filter having trophies, which feels like a weird thing to advertise a specific game if it's a standard across all of them. 

I expect it to be a lot better supported than the PS2 on PS4 program.  

Around the Network
twintail said:

You know, I'm surprised Sony doesn't try to push Hot Shots Golf + Tennis into the multiplatform stage. The IP does nothing to move consoles imho, and I think with licensing (or not) there's the potential to make them both worthwhile sports titles.

Oddly enough, I can see Astro being adapted into a variety of different genres like Mario, which I think has more potential than the Hot Shots franchise finding success by going multiplatform. 

More PS1, PSP Games Launching on PS Plus Premium Revealed - Push Square

PS1 Games on PS5, PS4 Have a CRT Filter and Much More - Push Square

PS1 Game Worms World Party Appears to Have Online Multiplayer on PS5, PS4 - Push Square

So, some new games have been added to the Legacy titles list. Also it appears that:

-custom filters (CRT and modern)

-Resolution options

-Online functionality

:lol @coolbeans

EDIT: Seems the online functionality in worms was a description error (it's a copy paste off steam for the PS Store)

Last edited by twintail - on 23 May 2022

twintail said:

More PS1, PSP Games Launching on PS Plus Premium Revealed - Push Square

PS1 Games on PS5, PS4 Have a CRT Filter and Much More - Push Square

PS1 Game Worms World Party Appears to Have Online Multiplayer on PS5, PS4 - Push Square

So, some new games have been added to the Legacy titles list. Also it appears that:

-custom filters (CRT and modern)

-Resolution options

-Online functionality

*Busts out magnifying glass and presses it against the screen*

Uh-huh... uh-huh... Oh, nice!

Last edited by coolbeans - on 22 May 2022

They're remaster Wild Arms 3?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

SegaHeart said:

They're remaster Wild Arms 3?

There's already a PS2 emulated port on PSN.

That said, getting the rest of the series out would be great.

Also, i wonder if the existing PS2 games will be updated with the new emulation. Would be sad if they weren't.