By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | Defaulted

Runa216 said:

Is this a good selection? I genuinely don't know.

Also, how does it compare, numbers-wise to GamePass? I can't seem to get any sort of consistency with answers on that. I search "How many games are on GamePass" and I get answers ranging from "over 100" to 460. I went to the Gamepass Library and it looks like 460 is the answer but if that's the case then why only market it as that instead of 'over 450 games'? I just don't get it. Likewise, anyone know what the current PSNow library is at? When I looked a while back I saw it as 700 but that seems absurdly high so I doubt that's the case.

The difference has been that PSNow has more games, but GP leans more towards more recent releases whereas PSNow is generally older.

Here we're getting more newer stuff, + Ubisoft stuff as well.



Around the Network

Initial games listed under the classic library are decent at best, which I'm hoping the list gets larger prior to launch buuuuuuuut, this little tidbit does give me some excitement for when future classic games that I really wanna play again get added. Hopefully get added.



Seems like a solid list. And Ubisoft+ is a nice addition.

Out of those games looking forward to playing Ghosts of Tsushima DC, Returnal, Demon Souls, GoTG and Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Also Castlevania LOS 2 (PS3) and some PS1 games.

Not a bad start tbh. The only real underwhelming thing is the number of timed trials.. or lack-thereof lol.

Last edited by hinch - on 16 May 2022

"Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase."

That's a big win. I've bought a few games on PS1 games on PSN (PS3). Thought they'd forgotten about those, and we'd have to re purchase them



hinch said:

"Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase."

That's a big win. I've bought a few games on PS1 games on PSN (PS3). Thought they'd forgotten about those, and we'd have to re purchase them

Nintendo better be taking MAD notes on this!!!!

That's a huge win for those that have been within the PS ecosystem for 15 years now that purchased those classic games! After this announcement, I feel many will be okay with the decision when certain storefronts do end up getting closed now. I wonder if this decision was made after the insane backlash of the originally planned closure of the PSP, PS3, and Vita stores. 



Around the Network

I might just subscribe for a month to play Guardians of The Galaxy lol.



That Multiversus trailer is looking good!

Its the only F2P game I'm excited for at the moment. Definitely going to download it when it launches.



hinch said:

"Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title.

Nice, I bought lots of them for my Vitas. So even less reasons (for me) to pay premium for the classic catalogue.

Last edited by Conina - on 16 May 2022

PotentHerbs said:

I might just subscribe for a month to play Guardians of The Galaxy lol.

Oh yes, please do. Fantastic game! Combat can be repetitive but everything else is top notch. I try to get as many as possible to play this game!



Runa216 said:

Is this a good selection? I genuinely don't know.

Also, how does it compare, numbers-wise to GamePass? I can't seem to get any sort of consistency with answers on that. I search "How many games are on GamePass" and I get answers ranging from "over 100" to 460. I went to the Gamepass Library and it looks like 460 is the answer but if that's the case then why only market it as that instead of 'over 450 games'? I just don't get it. Likewise, anyone know what the current PSNow library is at? When I looked a while back I saw it as 700 but that seems absurdly high so I doubt that's the case.

It is a good list for newcomers or people that didn't buy many titles, but for me I already own every game I care except Valhalla which I'll buy when it is cheap.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."