By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

the-pi-guy said:

GameReactor is claiming that GOW has been delayed to 2023.

But, Jason Schreier says that his sources say otherwise.

There's also someone who has supposedly been verified about GoW on Era, who says the game was internally delayed, but it's still aiming for 2022.

I have no doubt that GoW is still aiming for a 2022 release, but that's been changing constantly this year for game releases. Hoping for the best, but lowkey expecting the delay. As long as it's as amazing as we're hoping it will be.

Around the Network

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get that GoW release date as SGF tomorrow. Otherwise, there will most likely be random SoP announced to make a 2022 release.

gtotheunit91 said:
twintail said:

There is a leak suggesting that TLoU1 remake is scheduled for September (PC release too), but keep in mind that TloU is not actually mentioned but rather 'Part 1'. So it could be anything really.

If true, Sept seems a little early for me, but I wouldn't be surprised by the PC release being day 1 (or at least announced).

Potential good game to test with.

But then, where does that leave GoWR? That's surely September and I doubt both come in the same month. So, it's probably an allusion to some other game.

I'm reading the rumors that GoW Ragnarok has indeed been delayed to 2023

Hoping it's all false, but it continues to be odd that there's still no release date and Sony notoriously stays out of holiday release windows outside of launch games for a new console release. 

PS5 unit sales could be 5 mil more than present if they had the production availability. Maybe even more. It's also clear that many PS4 gamers would rather play these games on PS5, and will wait to do so.

In that case, it makes plenty of sense for Sony to hold off on launching games as long as possible, while potentially adding to them or allowing some super fine polishing, because in the end they should end up making even more money overall by waiting.

I also wondered about the more recent MS game delays, though based on Halo, it would seem those are more likely to be legit delays vs Sony who likes to be strategic with their launch dates. There's also the competitive angle where Sony doesn't have the need to compete against software from MS for quite a while going forward.

I'd guess Q1 2023. GOW was April 2018, so no reason why GOWR can't launch between Jan and May next year.

ConservagameR said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I'm reading the rumors that GoW Ragnarok has indeed been delayed to 2023

Hoping it's all false, but it continues to be odd that there's still no release date and Sony notoriously stays out of holiday release windows outside of launch games for a new console release. 

PS5 unit sales could be 5 mil more than present if they had the production availability. Maybe even more. It's also clear that many PS4 gamers would rather play these games on PS5, and will wait to do so.

In that case, it makes plenty of sense for Sony to hold off on launching games as long as possible, while potentially adding to them or allowing some super fine polishing, because in the end they should end up making even more money overall by waiting.

I also wondered about the more recent MS game delays, though based on Halo, it would seem those are more likely to be legit delays vs Sony who likes to be strategic with their launch dates. There's also the competitive angle where Sony doesn't have the need to compete against software from MS for quite a while going forward.

I'd guess Q1 2023. GOW was April 2018, so no reason why GOWR can't launch between Jan and May next year.

It is a very money way to think but it actually makes sense.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:

So, think we'll see anything from Sony later today?

i imagine anything PC related is fair game for showing. I also think TloU related news makes sense (especially Factions as that could very easily be on PC too). A GoWR 2022 release announcement I think would be possible: good way to advertise PS as a whole to a larger audience.

Or, there'll be nothing. Doesn't matter I guess.

Coincidence? I hope not!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Its official!

The Last of Us Remake coming to PS5 and PC!

https://media.direct.playstation.com/is/content/sierialto/ps5-the-last-of-us-part-1-game-announcement-trailer

It's certainly pretty, I hope they add some content to it, add story and locations and integrate Left Behind right into the game as opposed to being separate dlc.

Looking good. I hope they bring over the gameplay enhancements from Part 2 and it includes Factions. I'm pretty much sold regardless.

twintail said:

Sounds like its still separate. Which is for the best. I'm not sure how you integrate it into the main game without 1) hurting the pacing, and 2) hurting the narrative suspense of Winter because of the events from Autumn. 

IGN is making it sound like the DLC will be included, but no mention of Factions

The Last of Us Remake Leaks: Arriving in September for PS5, PC Version on the Way - IGN

Seems like "The Snitch" on Twitter is the real deal.

I'm not feeling a playthrough for The Last of Us Part 1 just because of updated graphics, but depending on how modernized the gameplay and level design are compared to Part II, it could definitely sway me into playing through it again.

Don't think I'd be playing it Day One either way, since if I do get a PS5 I'd prioritize playing games I'd never experienced, but it would be one of those titles I would eventually get for sale or even through PS Plus Premium.