By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Otter said:
DonFerrari said:

For me Uncharted and Gears can`t really be considered that similar as well, but ok.

Still for people that play more on the racing games the more arcade approach of DC is quite different from GT7. The driving techniques are like completely different and how you approach races, overtaking and etc.

Sony have much more games that would be closer in similarity being developed by different studios on the action/adventure genre or open world action with rpg element than DC to GT are and well they kept releasing without any issue. Evolution was closed because of the reception of DC not because the game was to similar to GT (even more considering how long it takes for each GT to launch, so A DC every 4 years and a GT every 4 years, making the interval become 2 years come DC another 2 a GT, etc would work pretty well).

Exactly, but not as drastically different as your original comparison like Uncharted and Killzone.

Sorry man, but Gears and Killzone are much much much more close than Gears and Uncharted could ever be.

And DC and GT are even more far apart, and you were the one that claimed they were to similar.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Really hope Sucker Punch has another go at Infamous and not GoT. Granted its not the very best franchise from PS, I still really enjoy playing those games. Sadly I don't see this happening any time soon due to Insomniac filling the Superhero lineup/s with Spiderman 2 and Wolverine.

BUt yeah really looking forward to seeing new IP's from the juggernauts - ND and SMS. Feels like a long time since we seen new ones from them.

I want Sly cooper back.

I'd totally be down for a new Ghostbusters game. Tbh platformers (outside Mario) are kinda niche and don't sell all that well; at least in comparison to other action/adventure games by Sony. Never mind an old IP from 2 gens ago so I can't see a new Sly happening.

oh man, two of my best friends just got PS5s for Christmas, so now they can play with me more!

I mean, they could before, but now they can in 4K! Will be nice to have them give it a shot, play all their new games.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

The share button, photo mode, accessibility options, PlayStation has been ahead of the curve in a number of ways over the years, but one that I think has gone underappreciated is their viral marketing:

I didn't realize they'd kept the gifs coming so hard but I love them.

Happy New Year, everybody!

So HE was hoarding all of them!!!

Spiderman gameplay trailer hits over 74M views. Insane. With the new Spiderman movie I guess interest for the franchise is pretty massive rn.

Also Spiderman 2 trailer at nearly 18.5M. The sequel should see some big numbers on release.

hinch said:

Spiderman gameplay trailer hits over 74M views. Insane. With the new Spiderman movie I guess interest for the franchise is pretty massive rn.

Also Spiderman 2 trailer at nearly 18.5M. The sequel should see some big numbers on release.

It is odd to see trailers for a game that release so far ago already and when there is trailers for the sequel already =p

And I'm excited to see what will come on PSVR2 and the Horizon VR although it was a little clunky on the trailer.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Might be people wanting to play the remaster on PS5 as well is Youtube algorithms recommending content. Seeing as the movie just came out not so long ago and the hype build up to it. And we had the Spiderman 2 trailer as well just last year. Either way pumped for Sequel as well as the new Spiderverse movie next year.

Same for PSVR 2 not sold on it yet until we see proper games (not on rails ones) though the tech is there. And yeah that trailer looked a bit janky though I guess its WIP. Looks amazing in one scene, others a bit meh. I guess VR at 4K is quite demanding. Still promising stuff and a look into what Firesprite are working on.

On another note just starting playing Death Stranding DC and I'm strangely hooked. I know people will call this a walking/courier sim and stuff but man does this draw me in lol. Loving the story and characters so far and planning routes for deliveries.

Last edited by hinch - on 05 January 2022