By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

So just got The Last of Us Remastered(Playstation Hits) and FFXII:The Zodiac Age both for $67 yesterday, I'm going crazy with PS4 games this 2 mos after getting the Pro, having trouble what game to finish now, help. . .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
So it's now the 2nd and I've not heard a peep about Sony's China conference on the 1st. Can only assume that's because there wasn't a single thing worth mentioning that happened during it.

Actually, thanks for pointing this out because I put the wrong date in the title.

Conference is on Aug. 2 at 2pm in Shanghai. In US Eastern time, that’s 2 am.

Last edited by Aura7541 - on 01 August 2018

Bristow9091 said:
Sunstrider said:
So just got The Last of Us Remastered(Playstation Hits) and FFXII:The Zodiac Age both for $67 yesterday, I'm going crazy with PS4 games this 2 mos after getting the Pro, having trouble what game to finish now, help. . .

What games do you currently have in progress? Or if you want to start a new game, play Final Fantasy XII, I just started it myself less than two hours ago lol :P 

Dude! Same! lol, but the thing is, I just can't make up my mind whenever I have new games, I just want to start em all, I'll have to "feel" this through so I know what to finish first.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (and Shenmue Collection) in august.
Spiderman and Dragon Quest XI in the first september-days.
Wonderful summer : )

This is the China Hero Project video Twintail mentioned earlier:

1:56 - Kill X
4:08 - Project Boundary
6:10 - Pervader
9:32 - Hardcore Mecha
11:52 - Lost Soul Aside

Sony also showed a small gameplay trailer of Monkey King. The footage was direct feed and the sound quality isn't great, so your right ear will be lonely. (Edit: A better quality video can be found here)

Last edited by Aura7541 - on 02 August 2018

Around the Network

I really hope that Monkey King, the game, will be a great improvement over Monkey King, the movie. Personally, I thought the movie was meh. If the game can pull off something similar to what Tales of Zestiria: The X did for Tales of Zestiria, the game, then great.

Bristow9091 said:
So I've been playing Final Fantasy XII for a few hours now, and one thing that is REALLY bugging me... is the voice acting. Now, don't get me wrong, the voice acting itself is actually great, and the voices fit the characters really well... but the actual sound quality of the voices, dear lord! Did Vaan's voice actor spend half his time with the mic IN his mouth?! Seems like everyone suffers from it for the most part, but Vaan is by far the worst, with Fran coming in a close second.

It's a shame. The voice acting was such a huge improvement over FFX, but the voices sound like they were recorded through a tin can.

Aura7541 said:

This is the China Hero Project video Twintail mentioned earlier:

1:56 - Kill X
4:08 - Project Boundary
6:10 - Pervader
9:32 - Hardcore Mecha
11:52 - Lost Soul Aside

Sony also showed a small gameplay trailer of Monkey King. The footage was direct feed and the sound quality isn't great, so your right ear will be lonely. (Edit: A better quality video can be found here)

The heck, this Monkey King might be Jackie Chan in disguise lol.

Bristow9091 said:
So I've been playing Final Fantasy XII for a few hours now, and one thing that is REALLY bugging me... is the voice acting. Now, don't get me wrong, the voice acting itself is actually great, and the voices fit the characters really well... but the actual sound quality of the voices, dear lord! Did Vaan's voice actor spend half his time with the mic IN his mouth?! Seems like everyone suffers from it for the most part, but Vaan is by far the worst, with Fran coming in a close second.

Yeah, it's a really weird detail about FFXII. For some reason the voice quality saw a massive drop from FFX for no clear reason. The only reason I could think for it was that the original version on the PS2 was just too big for a single DVD, so they had to condense the audio for the voice actors to the point that the quality suffered for it. Can't think of why they weren't improved for the remaster, unless the master recordings just no longer exist at all.

Bristow9091 said:

Was it the echoing of the voice that's off-putting, I guess I'm the only one not bothered by the voice acting, I'm actually liking Fran's voice, just feels right for the character and cute .