By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

RespectDecena said:

For some reason when I get a Platinum I feel empty and than I question what was the point. But I guess my proudest platinum was Demon's Souls, those stupid upgrading with each type of upgrade stone trophies were incredibly annoying.

I guess it depends on if you poured your time and effort on a worthwhile plat. For example your DS plat, however tedious it may have been to obtain, is really cool. Now if you got the plat for I am Bread or something, that should make you question everything you did. :P

Around the Network

News Update:

Digimon Survive teaser trailer, gameplay - Gematsu (Link to Xxain's thread is --> Here)

"Bandai Namco debuted the teaser trailer, first gameplay footage, and new details for Digimon Survive during its Digimon Thanksgiving 2018 live stream today.

In Digimon Survive, the protagonist Takuma Momotsuka, whose name cannot be changed since he talks and others will call him by name, is mysteriously transported from camp to another world. He and others will survive in this world at close quarters with death while exploring and making various choices. One of the game’s key features is “growth that changes based on choice.” The multi-ending story and digivolutions will change based on those choices, and several characters may even die. According to Digimon game series producer Kazumasa Habu, he wanted to incorporate “the digivolution of partner Digimon through character development” as seen in the Digmon Adventure anime into the game system."

Story Gameplay

Battle Gameplay

So I saw this video from YongYea where he talks about how Polyphony Digital went against its promise to not put microtransactions into Gran Turismo Sport.

What are your thoughts on this? I think it's rather bad to make a promise before launch and then, do the complete opposite of that promise after. The microtransactions, themselves, aren't that bad as it doesn't appear that Polyphony is nerfing the in-game progression sort of like how EA did with Battlefront 2. However, it just leaves a bad taste. If you were planning to implement MT from the start, then don't say that the game will not have MT.

Last edited by Aura7541 - on 30 July 2018

Bristow9091 said:
Korvo_Attano said:

I guess it depends on if you poured your time and effort on a worthwhile plat. For example your DS plat, however tedious it may have been to obtain, is really cool. Now if you got the plat for I am Bread or something, that should make you question everything you did. :P

What about Telltale games, should I feel the same way after finishing them too? :o

Actually, after The Walking Dead S2 I was a bit pissed off since it doesn't have a platinum trophy, what the fuck Telltale?!

Naah Telltale games might be easy plats but, at least to me, they're worth it cause most of the time the story is great! I have at least 4 plats, maybe more, thanks to TT games. :P

Yeah that TWD S2 shit was really fucking weird! Like, every one of your games has a plat but this doesn't?!

GT Sport has added microtransactions and I see a huge hue and cry on the internet, several of them never spoke about the game before such as Yong Yea. Its funny, whebn a game does everything right its disregarded but once developers go in a bad direction people care for it.

The MTs are non intrusive, completely optional and all the game offers plenty of cars for completing in game challenges so these are some of the best MTs in a game. Like GT6. The DLCs are all free, but ofc no major youtuber gives a crap about that. The MTs are late if anything, game has gotten tons of free dlcs without any paid dlc and microtransactions so I'm fine with it.

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
GT Sport has added microtransactions and I see a huge hue and cry on the internet, several of them never spoke about the game before such as Yong Yea. Its funny, whebn a game does everything right its disregarded but once developers go in a bad direction people care for it.

The MTs are non intrusive, completely optional and all the game offers plenty of cars for completing in game challenges so these are some of the best MTs in a game. Like GT6. The DLCs are all free, but ofc no major youtuber gives a crap about that. The MTs are late if anything, game has gotten tons of free dlcs without any paid dlc and microtransactions so I'm fine with it.

The MTs themselves aren’t the problem as Polyphony doesn’t appear to be nerfing the rewards system. It’s Yamauchi telling a fan that GTS wouldn’t have MTs and then later implementing them that people have issues with. 

Aura7541 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

The MTs themselves aren’t the problem as Polyphony doesn’t appear to be nerfing the rewards system. It’s Yamauchi telling a fan that GTS wouldn’t have MTs and then later implementing them that people have issues with. 

He also said GT Sport will definitely come before 2017. Released 2017. Never listen to the guy, and I'm a big Polyphony fan.

GOWTLOZ said:
Aura7541 said:

He also said GT Sport will definitely come before 2017. Released 2017. Never listen to the guy, and I'm a big Polyphony fan.

Release dates are different, though. Development cycles can be volatile due to unexpected roadblocks. Implementation of MTs, on the other hand, aren’t dependent on development cycles and release dates. It is dependent on the developer wanting to implement MTs.

Bristow9091 said:

So... what's everyone playing at the moment then?

It seems to be quiet in terms of big releases until September, so there's nothing new for me to pick up yet. Last week I actually made some progress with my backlog, as I mentioned before, I finished three games in nine days, which is no big feat for some people, but for anyone with severely limited time such as myself, it's a pretty big deal lol. I decided to take a few days off before jumping into another game, since those three I literally dived into one within an hour of finishing the other.

I REALLY want to start Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, but I'm going away on holiday in four weeks (Well, for weeks on Friday to be exact), and my goal would be to finish it before I go away, but that'd probably mean rushing it and missing out on a lot of stuff, I like to take my time with RPGs, especially Final Fantasy games since they have a lot to offer, and since it's the only mainline game I've never played, I have the feeling I'll want to spend quite a bit of time with it, lol. 

Persona 5 New Game+ and Horizon. Yakuza Kiwami and Nier Automata are in my backlog.

You'll definitely like FFXII: TZA, especially when you get the option to choose the secondary classes for your characters.

Bristow9091 said:

So... what's everyone playing at the moment then?

It seems to be quiet in terms of big releases until September, so there's nothing new for me to pick up yet. Last week I actually made some progress with my backlog, as I mentioned before, I finished three games in nine days, which is no big feat for some people, but for anyone with severely limited time such as myself, it's a pretty big deal lol. I decided to take a few days off before jumping into another game, since those three I literally dived into one within an hour of finishing the other.

I REALLY want to start Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, but I'm going away on holiday in four weeks (Well, for weeks on Friday to be exact), and my goal would be to finish it before I go away, but that'd probably mean rushing it and missing out on a lot of stuff, I like to take my time with RPGs, especially Final Fantasy games since they have a lot to offer, and since it's the only mainline game I've never played, I have the feeling I'll want to spend quite a bit of time with it, lol. 

The Division. I'm actually quite ashamed of how much time I'm putting into this game. I don't know how things were at launch, but they really have a very solid game now.