By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

BraLoD said:
Demon's Souls still have 14 hours of review embargo, why?

Dunno.
Maybe it's an awful game and Sony is hiding it from reviewers?
Maybe Bluepoint want the day 1 patch out before it's reviewed?
Maybe to create hype just before PS5 launch?

Around the Network

San Mateo. Midnight launch in California is in 16h 20m.

I'm going to be kicking myself in the ass in a few days when reseller listings skyrocket to $1500. I'm on the fence right now about paying $900 as I want to try my hand at getting one legit tomorrow.

@RaptorChrist Don't give in to scalper's tactics xD
On the positive side, if you aren't able to get a hold of one before December, more of the launch problems have been ironed out.

Around the Network
Replicant said:

early reviews on Metacritic have it at a 75, so pretty much exactly where I expected it to land. Good but nothing great or exceptional. Worth your time and effort, but it's not gonna be a system-seller. 

Anyone know when the Demon's Souls Embargo is up? I'm sure it'll review well (It's not just some super niche indie title anymore so I imagine it'll get a lot more love), but I wanna find out more about the game since I already have it and Spider-Man pre-ordered. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
early reviews on Metacritic have it at a 75, so pretty much exactly where I expected it to land. Good but nothing great or exceptional. Worth your time and effort, but it's not gonna be a system-seller. 

Anyone know when the Demon's Souls Embargo is up? I'm sure it'll review well (It's not just some super niche indie title anymore so I imagine it'll get a lot more love), but I wanna find out more about the game since I already have it and Spider-Man pre-ordered. 

If it's similar to many of the other embargos, reviews should be up in 13 hours from now.

John Linneman is an absolute treasure. Shame to see he's being getting so much shit from fanboys recently.

Replicant said:

@RaptorChrist Don't give in to scalper's tactics xD
On the positive side, if you aren't able to get a hold of one before December, more of the launch problems have been ironed out.

Yeah, but I'm very impatient when it comes to things that are beyond my control.

:(

BTW, I was just refreshing:

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

And PS5 randomliy popped up available at Target between very close refreshes. I clicked the link right away but I think it was only available in certain stores and not the one by me because it said unavailable for my zip code. I wish the site helped me find which zip codes had the darn thing.

Bristow9091 said:
brendude13 said:
John Linneman is an absolute treasure. Shame to see he's being getting so much shit from fanboys recently.

He has? What're they saying? o.O I've just finished watching the hour long interview with Bluepoint on Demon's Souls, it was great!

Haven't watched the DS interview yet but it's bookmarked.

Regarding Linneman, as a public figure commenting on "brands in war" (whether it's PS vs Xbox vs Nintendo, Steam vs Epic, Apple vs Samsung, Apple vs Microsoft, Audi vs BMW, etc.), he's going to get tons of shit from fanboys of all sides. The problem is that he far too often engages with the most toxic ones to call them out and correct them instead of just ignore them. And all this negativity seems to take a toll on his already troubled mental health.