By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DolPhanTendo said:

As a proud Switch owner and my son who got one for his b-day (7th) so he can play with his pops and loves playing Madden, can someone please explain why EA isn’t releasing Madden again on the Switch? I was looking forward to playing with my son, It just doesn’t makes sense. FIFA in the U. S. Is doing quite well with sells so the trial game was a success in my opinion. Really tired of EAs treatment of Nintendo, In my opinion Madden is a perfect sale for the Switch. 

Well it's pretty simple. FIFA in the US isn't doing as well was they hoped. IF FIFA 19 does better, you'll probably see a Madden 20. If Madden 20 does well, you might seen an NHL 21.

But yeah, EA pushed Madden hard on the Vita and it didn't go over well. They're probably playing it safe.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
As far as business relations go, EA and Nintendo despise each other. Never expect any EA game on a Nintendo system.

You really, really couldn't be more wrong. EA dispises how EA games sell on Nintendo platforms, but EA LOVES Nintendo. They have bronze plaques on the wall of pretty much every studio commemorating each time Nintendo heads came to visit that studio. It s a huge deal to them. They apparently throw big celebrations every time it happens.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 07 July 2018

LiquorandGunFun said:

madden hasnt been on a nintendo system since gamecube, its nothing new.

excuse me, wii, so says wiki. there were some ds mentions but that wouldnt be the full experience like with a console.

EA made numerous Madden games for the Wii. The graphics and control schemes were obviously different, but almost all of the major game modes were there. Apparently they also made Madden 13 for WIi U, but I've never played it.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 07 July 2018

potato_hamster said:
Chrizum said:
As far as business relations go, EA and Nintendo despise each other. Never expect any EA game on a Nintendo system.

You really, really couldn't be more wrong. EA dispises how EA games sell on Nintendo platforms, but EA LOVES Nintendo. They have bronze plaques on the wall of pretty much every studio commemorating each time Nintendo heads came to visit that studio. It s a huge deal to them. They apparently throw big celebrations every time it happens.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Ganoncrotch said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Lmao!!! @ thread title. Thanks, was looking forward to playing with my son and he’s been disappointed it’s not on the Switch yet.

pick up rocket league and convince him that the madden players are driving the cars? :o It's basically the same thing right? :D

Lol that might work

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
EA is cancer. They put out the same sports games every year, with an updated roster of teams, and little other changes. Their games suck, but they still sell, because they are the only ones with licensing rights to the different sports leagues. Meanwhile they shit all over the rest of the industry, by buying up studios, and closing them. Also, Battlefront microtransactions.

Exactly! They along with the NFL have destroyed the football video game by what you said. I’m a strong believer that competition makes everything stronger and better in society and Madden is the perfect example. 

My last Madden I bought was about 2005 didn’t buy one until the 2013 version on the WiiU( any comment on here claiming sales and numbers are the issues isn’t doing their homework when they ported Madden 2013 on the WiiU) and it didn’t change at all only thing the graphics were better, rosters updated, they actually had a great port to the WiiU because they utilized the game pad where you can change the hot routes of the receiver during audibles, cool selling point if someone had a decent brain at EA.  

Sorry got side tracked from my original point about competition lol Remember the late 90’ to the mid 2000’s this why competition is good for everything and shows it brings the best out of people. On Consoles we had not only Madden making football games we also had NFL2K(Best IMO), NFL Quarterback Club, NFL Gameday, NFL Fever and NFL Blitz. That’s 6 companies turning out games annually so you know they were trying to draw buyers by coming up with something new each year. Now like you said just spews our the same crap!

p0isonparadise said:
Get better taste in games, bro.

Lmao! Typical guess you hate differences in people  

Conina said:

It's not EA's fault if you buy the wrong consoles to play Madden.

They never announced it for that platform, so why did you expected it in the Switch library? 

Ummmm they released  FIFA on the Switch and secondly I didn’t buy the Switch for Madden read my comment please to actually get what I’m talking about, thanks

Cobretti2 said:
I agree it would be nice to have. especially for me when I struggle to find time to game when home. so on the road would be perfect for me.

Exactly in the U. S. Madden is perfect for the Switch IMO

potato_hamster said:
DolPhanTendo said:

As a proud Switch owner and my son who got one for his b-day (7th) so he can play with his pops and loves playing Madden, can someone please explain why EA isn’t releasing Madden again on the Switch? I was looking forward to playing with my son, It just doesn’t makes sense. FIFA in the U. S. Is doing quite well with sells so the trial game was a success in my opinion. Really tired of EAs treatment of Nintendo, In my opinion Madden is a perfect sale for the Switch. 

Well it's pretty simple. FIFA in the US isn't doing as well was they hoped. IF FIFA 19 does better, you'll probably see a Madden 20. If Madden 20 does well, you might seen an NHL 21.

But yeah, EA pushed Madden hard on the Vita and it didn't go over well. They're probably playing it safe.

So why were they still porting Madden to the Vita up until recently

Last edited by DolPhanTendo - on 07 July 2018