By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thoughts on MH world as MH, game and weapon favourites?

MH world...

Best MH game 19 67.86%

Top three MH games 5 17.86%

Poor MH game 1 3.57%

Terrible MH game 1 3.57%

Terrible game 0 0%

GoTY 0 0%

Comments/indifferent/middle America.... 2 7.14%

Total:28
John2290 said:
One thing about this game is there is a clear difference in MP sessions in a 12 hour period like nothing I've ever seen before. If I'm not playing this in the morning or afternoon which is possible most days now, I play solo at night because the American crowd is so terrible. It blows my mind how a monster that takes 30 minutes to solo can be taken down in 3 minutes when a group of Asians hop on. They don't even need to be high HR either. It feels like I see very few bad Asian players im this game even with low HR. That said, there is also a serious problem in rhis game with players, world wide,that join an SOS or a post and doing as little as humanly possible making things more difficult by jpining but not bringing any game and intentionally just hanging back til the monster is downed then swoop in and capture it.
Is there a way to kick players short of disconnection of internet?

Nope not that I know of.As for Asian and American players I found it a bit of a mix bag,some are good and others are just garbage, on both sides.

Around the Network

Some of its online aspects are just silly, but it's a great game.

Needs more Monsters and G rank though.

John2290 said:
Just solo'd the wind/crystal dragon after farming Negregante for no good reason at all as the armor is subpar compared to my maxed out bone armour, with even resists just can't be beaten at the moment. Anyway, at 300 defence and no wind charm the latter half of that fight was sweat inducing. Got three feeds in and wasted all the good stuff in my item box. ...never again. Infact I think I might be done with the game.

Imo, just get better at the game. You have a gathering box, so you shouldn't have trouble with herbs and honey.

You do not need a wind charm, just be patient, and prepare yourself.

Health charms and health boosts are a huge help as they avoid you getting 1 shot, and IMO the Nergi armour is one of the best in the game, passive abilities are more important then stats, and at the end of the day you can just upgrade it. 

John2290 said:
One thing about this game is there is a clear difference in MP sessions in a 12 hour period like nothing I've ever seen before. If I'm not playing this in the morning or afternoon which is possible most days now, I play solo at night because the American crowd is so terrible. It blows my mind how a monster that takes 30 minutes to solo can be taken down in 3 minutes when a group of Asians hop on. They don't even need to be high HR either. It feels like I see very few bad Asian players im this game even with low HR. That said, there is also a serious problem in rhis game with players, world wide,that join an SOS or a post and doing as little as humanly possible making things more difficult by jpining but not bringing any game and intentionally just hanging back til the monster is downed then swoop in and capture it.
Is there a way to kick players short of disconnection of internet?

It's funny. Because I found the opposite. The asian players have been pretty bad, like I get into the area and they already carted. While me and the others end up handily killing the monster without carting then at 99% done they cart again and we lose the fight.

John2290 said:
areason said:

Imo, just get better at the game. You have a gathering box, so you shouldn't have trouble with herbs and honey.

You do not need a wind charm, just be patient, and prepare yourself.

Health charms and health boosts are a huge help as they avoid you getting 1 shot, and IMO the Nergi armour is one of the best in the game, passive abilities are more important then stats, and at the end of the day you can just upgrade it. 

Yup. Just cleared the rest of the monsters and rolled credits after X'jivilo or whatever, without wiping. The thing with that wind monster is kept walling itself off with tornados. Pretty bad design on that one. Gotta say everything else was a breeze, The inferno and Vaal hazaak were push overs while that last monster had me on the ropes through shear unpredictability. I'm finding Val hazaak to be very tough in multiplayer though and I've passed by about half a dozen monsters. 

You now have plenty of tempered monsters to knock of and some new elder dragons that leads to  additional weapons tree have you started doing the gathering hub arena to earn coins also the challenges? 

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
John2290 said:
mjk45 said:

You now have plenty of tempered monsters to knock of and some new elder dragons that leads to  additional weapons tree have you started doing the gathering hub arena to earn coins also the challenges? 

Okay, I've done the two tempered bezelguoze and I'm uncapped now, think I hit HR 38 or solast I check and I've been picking up blue tracks around the maps but nothing is changing. I've like 10 hunts and a few investigations since the two beezlguise yet no extra content or tempered monsters in sight. Is this what the end game will iconsist of, grinding and helping people in SOS until a tempered monster tracks finally procs and what exactly is the end goal? The full Blossom armour set maxed out? 

This is frustratingly so unstructured yet the fights are so good and the gameplay so strong I'm be torn apart...lisa.

You have to get to level 49 to hunt the elder dragons.

John2290 said:
mjk45 said:

Okay, I've done the two tempered bezelguoze and I'm uncapped now, think I hit HR 38 or solast I check and I've been picking up blue tracks around the maps but nothing is changing. I've like 10 hunts and a few investigations since the two beezlguise yet no extra content or tempered monsters in sight. Is this what the end game will iconsist of, grinding and helping people in SOS until a tempered monster tracks finally procs and what exactly is the end goal? The full Blossom armour set maxed out? 

This is frustratingly so unstructured yet the fights are so good and the gameplay so strong I'm be torn apart...lisa.

When you gather enough of a particular monsters blue tracks, investigations unlock for tempered versions of those monster types the boxes next to them  are coloured blue.

Has to elder dragons you should check with the huntsman to get a special assignment called the blazing sun that then leads to another assignment from the armorer . also along the line an exclamation should appear next to a researcher for another event.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 11 July 2018

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Love the game, best MH.
Used to play hammer on other MH, now i play charge blade and i fu#$÷@ love it! It realy fells nice no use super aed and see tons of damage!
For begginers, just block and than use super AED after "resisted block" pressing "circle+triangle" ( you can't use super if your block breaks)
Also, online works great for me on psn.