By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thoughts on MH world as MH, game and weapon favourites?

MH world...

Best MH game 19 67.86%

Top three MH games 5 17.86%

Poor MH game 1 3.57%

Terrible MH game 1 3.57%

Terrible game 0 0%

GoTY 0 0%

Comments/indifferent/middle America.... 2 7.14%

Total:28
John2290 said:
Azuren said:

After Zorah comes High Rank, new monsters, Tempered, Arch Tempered, and Sieges.

Was this in the base game or was it post launch?Is there more story on the way. I spent so much time think materials with a plus were just rarer drops, all that farming for nothing lol and now I'm getting them easy as pie  

Most of that is Base game. Idk how much you care about story but Zorah is an elder dragon, thus you need to kill more elder dragons in the base game.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Azuren said:

Was this in the base game or was it post launch?Is there more story on the way. I spent so much time think materials with a plus were just rarer drops, all that farming for nothing lol and now I'm getting them easy as pie  

It was in the base game. Monster Hunter games usually have more content after the apparent end of the story, then it "surprises" you with another Elder who's causing trouble.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Monster Hunter World is the prettiest and most approachable game in the franchise but it honestly lacks in the content department compared to other entries.

Because it is so streamlined it is the best for newcomers, but for veterans it is missing G rank and such.

I expect this to be rectified in either new updates or Monster Hunter World Ultimate if it every happens.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I played Tri and World. I don't like how World is so much more grindy. Tri gave the player access to almost all gem types from the start, so you could really get a synergized build going at low levels. World withholds most of the good gems/armor until you've ground out 100 hours of gameplay. Tri had armor sets that made sense and did good things even at low levels. World requires you to mix and match different armor in order to get an optimized build. Tempered fights in World are the only way to get really useful gems, such as size 3 gems. So you have to play for some 300 hours if you want a perfect build. I had that at the 120 mark in Tri.

Finally, too many monsters in World fly around forever. It's really annoying even if you have a bunch of flash to down them with.

Edit: One thing I really do like about World is that it uses missions to make grinding for rare parts easier. Now, if only they could do the same when it came to grinding for gems. =/

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 07 July 2018

Farsala said:
I played a MH entry for the Wii U and 3DS, but I got bored pretty fast. On the other hand I loved MHW and got through the story and killed all of the bosses aside from 1 or 2 optional bosses, which I am saving for later.

For MHW I use the Switch Axe. I use it because it is mostly in axe form but when you get an opening and switch to the super slow but powerful sword form and get off a juicy explosion it is just great. I played before they patched/buffed the unique Switch axe mount, where any move from the monster would just make you go flying off.

It has all the intricacies that one would want in a weapon. You got to git gud at rolling in both forms, range advantage/disadvantage of both forms, combos, buff usage, and lastly I of course love the aesthetics of the axe and the discharge.

That my weapon of choice  as well  pretty much for the same reasons that you stated , now what armor buffs do you use  I usually have roar and stun def most times and chop and change depending on the monster type.

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Farsala said:
I played a MH entry for the Wii U and 3DS, but I got bored pretty fast. On the other hand I loved MHW and got through the story and killed all of the bosses aside from 1 or 2 optional bosses, which I am saving for later.

For MHW I use the Switch Axe. I use it because it is mostly in axe form but when you get an opening and switch to the super slow but powerful sword form and get off a juicy explosion it is just great. I played before they patched/buffed the unique Switch axe mount, where any move from the monster would just make you go flying off.

It has all the intricacies that one would want in a weapon. You got to git gud at rolling in both forms, range advantage/disadvantage of both forms, combos, buff usage, and lastly I of course love the aesthetics of the axe and the discharge.

That my weapon of choice  as well  pretty much for the same reasons that you stated , now what armor buffs do you use  I usually have roar and stun def most times and chop and change depending on the monster type.

Funny enough I picked it up for the first time today and it is a pretty technical weapon.

John2290 said:
Azuren said:

The story keeps playing out with HR , introduces new monsters and certain monsters spread out into other areas, apart from Zorah more elder Dragons appear the story ends with solving the reason behind the post zorah elder dragon appearance mystery. Then you have heaps of post game content such as tempered monsters as described by Azuren.

I have played over 300 hrs and still need a fair few  trophies to get the plat mainly ones that involve MP since I like to solo and apart from some sending off SOS every now and then I need  to team up more.

REDZONE said:
mjk45 said:

Funny enough I picked it up for the first time today and it is a pretty technical weapon.

What was your weapon of choice beforehand , I started out with the bow  but ended up with the SB not sure why but it clicked not straight away mind you but it just felt right with it's two stage set up.

My first Monster Hunter game and I love it. I really don't play enough of it and I should. I alternate between the charge blade and heavy bowgun. Charge blade when going solo, heavy bowgun when in a group. Mostly because I can hardly ever shoot when the damn monster is always coming at me.

Last edited by Raven722 - on 07 July 2018

mjk45 said:
Farsala said:

I haven't played in awhile, but I mostly went for Exploit weakness and Earplugs, both were absolutely necessary for optimal dps. More defensive options like evade extender, defense, and evade window are nice.