By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Naughty Dog Agenda

So I found this video and it basically speaks about how naughty dog has been changing over the years to become more socially and politically conscious. I agree with most of the points made in this video and would love to know what you guys think. if you got time to spare, watch it till the end and share your thoughts.

rn

I am a male of African descent and the whole inclusive thing lately has felt more like being patronised. What are your thoughts?

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network

"Female roles in movies and games are being portrayed in stereotypical ways, focusing on their appearance more than any other strengths. I think I speak for myself and the majority of regular gamers that we honestly don't mind."

I just wanted to point out this quote here.

Though I dislike naughty dog in general. But even a friend of mine who is the biggest naughty dog fan boy agrees with that. I personally dont care about them at all but seeing that he would let naughty dog impregnate him and his mother I think its interesting that even he's starting to feel a bit bothered.

Last edited by RespectDecena - on 03 July 2018

in the last of us part 2, I feel the kissing part was unnecessary. that's all what I think about it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
twintail said:
deskpro2k3 said:
in the last of us part 2, I feel the kissing part was unnecessary. that's all what I think about it.

Because 2 girls can't kiss?

if it was a dude and girl, or a dude and a dude. I'll still think it's unnecessary.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
twintail said:
deskpro2k3 said:

can't see something bad about it

As long as the games continue to be good then I don't mind.

with regards to your feeling of being patronised the narrative is set up so you feel like a victim and seek to bring about revolution to enact "social change"... which is pretty much code for the stripping away of rights from everyone so that the "victims" feel "protected" and "safe"

with regards to naughty dog... yeah they've definitely changed a lot just look at chloe in unhcarted 2 as opposed to now... i suppose many would call the change progress but personally i think the underlying agenda is a stupid one and has already caused and will continue to cause more suffering in the groups its supposed to be helping... although as i said initially that's the point

I thought putting pants on a bandicoot was pretty progressive back then. We pretty much had it coming.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

deskpro2k3 said:
twintail said:

if it was a dude and girl, or a dude and a dude. I'll still think it's unnecessary.

I understand what you're saying.  It felt like that whole, long scene existed to say, "look, they're lesbians!"  Replay that entire scene with a guy instead and most people, including me, would say that it was overly drawn out.  I don't see how that changes just because it was two girls.