Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Wolfenstein II on Switch

And people think switch can run 30fps p4/xb1 games that are demanding?

Around the Network

You got to give Panic Button and Bethesda credit where credit's due. Other developers would see these low resolutions and say it isn't possible to port the game. Then no Switch version at all.

I will wait until the price drops to buy it, since I have a backlog of games to play on PS4, PC and Switch, but I think if I can tolerate Doom on Switch (in portable) this shouldn't be too much worse.

quickrick said:

No, it can't. Why should it? Have you noticed the relative size and power output difference between PS4/XB1 and the Switch? XBOX One draws 15.3 Watts on standby, aprox. 70 Watts idle, and up to 120 Watts under load. The Switch draws 11 Watts on average when docked and rarely any more than 17 Watts under load. Yet here it is, running current-gen games in a very respectable manner. But hey, feel free to have completely unrealistic standards and expectations. 

Helloplite said:
quickrick said:

No, it can't. Why should it? Have you noticed the relative size and power output difference between PS4/XB1 and the Switch? XBOX One draws 15.3 Watts on standby, aprox. 70 Watts idle, and up to 120 Watts under load. The Switch draws 11 Watts on average when docked and rarely any more than 17 Watts under load. Yet here it is, running current-gen games in a very respectable manner. But hey, feel free to have completely unrealistic standards and expectations. 

I know it can't but people will argue all day saying it can.

I'll try to buy it one of these days, good job from Panic Button, even though I can barely see the game

Around the Network

"Ew, this is so blurry.... "

"I can't look at it, it hurts my eyes!"

"This is completely unplayable... nobody will enjoy this!"

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

I heard this game comes with special glasses is this true?

User was Banned for trolling due to this post - cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 30 June 2018

quickrick said:
Helloplite said:

I know it can't but people will argue all day saying it can.

Those who do, or even feel compelled to debate graphics comparisons between a handheld and a console, have a warped understanding of tech. Why should a handheld that weighs 0.33 kg be able to compete with a console that weighs 3.5 kg? Why should a handheld that requires 6+ times less the energy power be able to compete with a console that can only operate connected to a wall outlet? Why should a handheld that has 20.7 inches3  in volume be able to compete with a console that has 438.6 inches3  in volume? All the numbers point to the Switch being aprox. 1/10th to 1/20th of an original XBOX One. The fact that it can even run these titles is a miracle. By rights, this thing shouldn't be able to get anywhere close to current gen standards. Yes, I understand that mobile processors have achieved leaps in recent years but the chasm is still very wide. What we need when discussing Switch is realism not unrealistic expectations. Notice how all my comparisons are with the original XBOX One. The moment we start discussing PS4 Pro and XBOX One X we are really beyond any semblance of realism by that point. Notice how literally no one in the past has ever attempted to compare a handheld to a console -- perhaps with the notable mention of the Sega Nomad. Even when PS Vita came out, we knew not to expect PS3 fidelity of graphics on that system. So why are gamers so spoiled nowadays? 

360? Maybe this game will get the Switch to fall off that cliff.

bananaking21 said:
Damn... 360p in docked mode? That's horrible. Playing this on a 50" 1080p screen would be a mess.

Playing my XBOX One X on the go, using my portable 4K monitor.... oh wait.