By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Wolfenstein II on Switch

quickrick said:
And people think switch can run 30fps p4/xb1 games that are demanding?

No, it can't. Why should it? Have you noticed the relative size and power output difference between PS4/XB1 and the Switch? XBOX One draws 15.3 Watts on standby, aprox. 70 Watts idle, and up to 120 Watts under load. The Switch draws 11 Watts on average when docked and rarely any more than 17 Watts under load. Yet here it is, running current-gen games in a very respectable manner. But hey, feel free to have completely unrealistic standards and expectations. 

Around the Network
Helloplite said:
quickrick said:
And people think switch can run 30fps p4/xb1 games that are demanding?

No, it can't. Why should it? Have you noticed the relative size and power output difference between PS4/XB1 and the Switch? XBOX One draws 15.3 Watts on standby, aprox. 70 Watts idle, and up to 120 Watts under load. The Switch draws 11 Watts on average when docked and rarely any more than 17 Watts under load. Yet here it is, running current-gen games in a very respectable manner. But hey, feel free to have completely unrealistic standards and expectations. 

I know it can't but people will argue all day saying it can.

I'll try to buy it one of these days, good job from Panic Button, even though I can barely see the game

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

"Ew, this is so blurry.... "

"I can't look at it, it hurts my eyes!"

"This is completely unplayable... nobody will enjoy this!"

I heard this game comes with special glasses is this true?

User was Banned for trolling due to this post - cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 30 June 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Helloplite said:

I know it can't but people will argue all day saying it can.

Those who do, or even feel compelled to debate graphics comparisons between a handheld and a console, have a warped understanding of tech. Why should a handheld that weighs 0.33 kg be able to compete with a console that weighs 3.5 kg? Why should a handheld that requires 6+ times less the energy power be able to compete with a console that can only operate connected to a wall outlet? Why should a handheld that has 20.7 inches3  in volume be able to compete with a console that has 438.6 inches3  in volume? All the numbers point to the Switch being aprox. 1/10th to 1/20th of an original XBOX One. The fact that it can even run these titles is a miracle. By rights, this thing shouldn't be able to get anywhere close to current gen standards. Yes, I understand that mobile processors have achieved leaps in recent years but the chasm is still very wide. What we need when discussing Switch is realism not unrealistic expectations. Notice how all my comparisons are with the original XBOX One. The moment we start discussing PS4 Pro and XBOX One X we are really beyond any semblance of realism by that point. Notice how literally no one in the past has ever attempted to compare a handheld to a console -- perhaps with the notable mention of the Sega Nomad. Even when PS Vita came out, we knew not to expect PS3 fidelity of graphics on that system. So why are gamers so spoiled nowadays? 

360? Maybe this game will get the Switch to fall off that cliff.

bananaking21 said:
Damn... 360p in docked mode? That's horrible. Playing this on a 50" 1080p screen would be a mess.

Playing my XBOX One X on the go, using my portable 4K monitor.... oh wait.

I assume that all of those stating the obvious, that a switch version of reasonably demanding game runs considerably worse than the PS4 & XB1 equivalent, are going to be fair-minded enough to mention that you can't play on the go in every PS4 / XB1 game thread...

Oh wait, that would get interminably old very quickly!

OTBWY said:
360? Maybe this game will get the Switch to fall off that cliff.

Meanwhile, several PS Vita games run at native and fixed resolutions of 640x384 and 720x408 or 720x448 at less than 30 FPS, but back then it was the future. Only Nintendo can manage to be archaic while having arguably the most powerful (in terms of actual output) handheld on the market. Switch has a game that the Vita would not even dream of being able to run, that falls down to 360p under load in extreme circumstances, and we are suddenly all freaked out. Utter hypocrisy. I repeat myself, I know, but this is maddening!