By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Wolfenstein II on Switch

So... basically it's like DOOM... but with less resolution at very specific moments of the campaign and overall a far more stable 30fps.

I played over a 100 hours of DOOM on both docked and portable mode... and it was a blast. Why would this be any different?

Around the Network

As impressive as a port as it is, I think I'll pass on this. I have supported Bethesda with Skyrim and Doom already, and this just looks quite a forced port. Also, I didn't think TNO was that good to begin with.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I never would have played Doom if it hadn't been portable, so Wolfenstein is a no-brainer. I'm going to play the s**t out of this.

I really hope they fix the Wolfenstein 3D thing, though. I'd love to play a classic I've never tried before, but 50% speed?!

I haven't seen the video nor have I played the other versions but I got this game yesterday and I'm impressed by how good it looks. Plays great, too.

Darwinianevolution said:
As impressive as a port as it is, I think I'll pass on this. I have supported Bethesda with Skyrim and Doom already, and this just looks quite a forced port. Also, I didn't think TNO was that good to begin with.

"Forced port"? Whatever, dude. Nothing of this caliber has been run on this form factor with such a tiny power draw. The fact that it exists is amazing and even though it's blurry, there's no way they just stretched and it magically happened. A lot of work went into it. So forced.

Around the Network

It sucks that such compromises have to made for the game to run on the system.Having said that, its truly an achievement that Panic Button has pulled here.Consistent framerate and great graphics all around bar one instance or another.The worst offender here is the resolution, but I personally think it just gets really bad on some instances, like the open Orleans battle that is shown in the video.

Overall, great work Panic Button.Looking foward for their next port.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

shikamaru317 said:
Why would anyone play a 360p 30 fps shooter? It's so blurry at some points in the video that it hurts my eyes. Even in docked mode the average resolution looks really blurry. Why not simply downgrade some effects down to 360/PS3 level so they could hit 720p 60 fps and actually make the game playable?

Maybe some people  want to play on the go, but 2.5 hours batteries life for a blurry FPS games is a bit a stretch. I am understand the novelty of playing FPS games on the go, but this a bit too much. Nobody will enjoy the games at this condition compared to the consoles version or PC version. 

Medisti said:
Darwinianevolution said:

"Forced port"? Whatever, dude. Nothing of this caliber has been run on this form factor with such a tiny power draw. The fact that it exists is amazing and even though it's blurry, there's no way they just stretched and it magically happened. A lot of work went into it. So forced.

Hey, I'm not saying it's a bad port, I'm just saying the sacrifices made to make it possible are too big for my taste to consider buying it on Switch.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

shikamaru317 said:
Why would anyone play a 360p 30 fps shooter? It's so blurry at some points in the video that it hurts my eyes. Even in docked mode the average resolution looks really blurry. Why not simply downgrade some effects down to 360/PS3 level so they could hit 720p 60 fps and actually make the game playable?

How close do you sit to a TV? I have played Golden Eye 64 on a 55inch and its very playable. Hell they still stream 480p tv here and if you are at the right distance it really isn't to  bad.

Darwinianevolution said:
Medisti said:

Hey, I'm not saying it's a bad port, I'm just saying the sacrifices made to make it possible are too big for my taste to consider buying it on Switch.

Nothing wrong with that. You worked for that money, so spend it one what you want. But, it's very demeaning to the team who made this work by calling it a "forced port."