By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Wolfenstein II on Switch

For me, it looks like it is only playable on handheld mode. It wouldn't look good on my 60" 4k tv.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Ugh, on one side we have unreasonable posts exaggerating how bad it is, "I heard it comes with special glasses" wow, great post. On the other it's the overly defensive crowd throwing "handheld" around, even though everyone is talking about docked performance, rip "hybrid" it's apparently been relegated to just a handheld to defend its power.

The worst from both sides are here, this thread has turned to crap.

Huh? I have always said that the Switch should be considered a handheld. Because it is. Several mobile devices now feature HDMI out, either directly or through USB Type-C. Are the Huawei P20 Pro, or the Galaxy S8 and S9 also hybrid devices, merely because they can output on a TV? There were Android tablets with HDMI-mini out since early 2011. I never bought Nintendo's marketing ploy to present this as a "hybrid" device -- whatever that means. If the dock itself had extra hardware then yeah, but right now? No. We can play Nintendo's game and call this thing a hybrid, but its internals reveal its true identity. It's a 3 year old tablet that can somehow run games running on current gen systems.

To the other poster: You are right, that in a sense since it runs the same games we must compare it to these systems. But in this comparison, the stakes will always be unfairly against the Switch. Can the other systems be played on the go? If we do these comparisons only based on selective criteria, we will come to predetermined outcomes that are hypocritical and biased. I will not respond any further. I believe I have made my point clear. I do not have a Switch, and I do not plan to buy one any time soon (waiting for Metroid Prime 4).

Barkley said:
Ugh, on one side we have unreasonable posts exaggerating how bad it is, "I heard it comes with special glasses" wow, great post. On the other it's the overly defensive crowd throwing "handheld" around, even though everyone is talking about docked performance, rip "hybrid" it's apparently been relegated to just a handheld to defend its power.

Forget the terminology (handheld, hybrid, home console, etc.), and let's look at the actual hardware. 

Should we reasonably expect the tegra in the switch to perform better than we're seeing here? If no, then your criticism of people 'defending' the games performance is unwarranted.

John2290 said:
Barkley said:

Try it. 15 minutes and you'll realize how bad it actually is even if your a console gamer. Its is beyond terrible. I can't believe Bethesda would allow this and to that matter bethesda games can usually run on toasters. This is way. Way. Below even their standards.

There are plenty of games on switch, i'm not sure why people want to play a butchered version of a game. strange times we live in, when all of sudden portability over everything after nintendo released finally handheld with good specs.