By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shuntaro Furukawa Is Now Officially The President Of Nintendo Co., Ltd

melbye said:
RaptorChrist said:

Since Kimishima was appointed after Iwata's passing, was he always meant to be a temporary fill for the company until they determined who would lead for the long-term? This comes as a surprise to me, and I can't help but be a little concerned as well.

If i remember correctly his tenure as president was supposed to be temporary, but with the fantastic job he has done launching the Switch it's sad to see him go. You don't want change when everything is going well.

Yup. Like you and raptor said he was always supposed to be temp. But with the amazing job hes doing it makes it a bummer to see him retire.  We'll see where we are in the next year though.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
melbye said:

If i remember correctly his tenure as president was supposed to be temporary, but with the fantastic job he has done launching the Switch it's sad to see him go. You don't want change when everything is going well.

Yup. Like you and raptor said he was always supposed to be temp. But with the amazing job hes doing it makes it a bummer to see him retire.  We'll see where we are in the next year though.

Yeah, going to be interesting going forward and just hope our worries are unfounded when all is said and done

CherriBoy vs Yakuza Boss Kimishima. 

well retiring on a high is good then you can say I knew shit would hit the fan lol.

However lets see how the new guy goes.

zorg1000 said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Little edit for ya.

Was thinking the same thing, alot of people are forgetting that things like the Switch concept, mobile initiatives, Universal deal, movie collaborations, etc were all underway when Iwata passed away.

Didn't Kimishima himself say that he was going to continue the plans that Iwata had set up? Obviously, he did a good job of it (and adapted as needed), but he doesn't deserve all the credit nor has he tried to claim it.

Around the Network

Kimishima wasn’t Iwata’s favourite choice because he knew Kimishima’s time would be limited, but Kimishima was the only guy with the proper qualifications at the time.

But he was only ever meant to be a stopgap. His main task was bringing up the next generation of leadership while maintaining Iwata’s strategies.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.