By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shuntaro Furukawa Is Now Officially The President Of Nintendo Co., Ltd

Our boy needs a new haircut.

Aside from that I'm happy that he's relatively young - he's part of Nintendo's new guard that could take them in more innovative directions.

Here's to new stuff like Splatoon! The CEO has retired, long live the CEO!

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Nintendo is in such a good place right now, he is really lucky that Kimishima and Iwata got them here. Here's hoping Furukawa can continue their success.

Little edit for ya.

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
MasonADC said:
Nintendo is in such a good place right now, he is really lucky that Kimishima and Iwata got them here. Here's hoping Furukawa can continue their success.

Little edit for ya.

Was thinking the same thing, alot of people are forgetting that things like the Switch concept, mobile initiatives, Universal deal, movie collaborations, etc were all underway when Iwata passed away.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

My Reggie is not ready

FarleyMcFirefly said:
MasonADC said:

Little edit for ya.

Plans can be good but still fall flat. Execution is the most important thing. We will never know if Nintendo would still be in the same position if Iwata was still here 

Around the Network

This guy had some earlier pro-mobile comments that worried me, I do not want Nintndo to become another whale hunting "f2p" mobile developer, but let us see where he takes them.

PwerlvlAmy said:
I always feel uneasy when someone new takes over. I thought Kimishima was doing a good job before his announcement of retiring, so hopefully this guy doesn't take Nintendo in the opposite direction again.

Since Kimishima was appointed after Iwata's passing, was he always meant to be a temporary fill for the company until they determined who would lead for the long-term? This comes as a surprise to me, and I can't help but be a little concerned as well.

RaptorChrist said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I always feel uneasy when someone new takes over. I thought Kimishima was doing a good job before his announcement of retiring, so hopefully this guy doesn't take Nintendo in the opposite direction again.

Since Kimishima was appointed after Iwata's passing, was he always meant to be a temporary fill for the company until they determined who would lead for the long-term? This comes as a surprise to me, and I can't help but be a little concerned as well.

If i remember correctly his tenure as president was supposed to be temporary, but with the fantastic job he has done launching the Switch it's sad to see him go. You don't want change when everything is going well.

MasonADC said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Little edit for ya.

Plans can be good but still fall flat. Execution is the most important thing. We will never know if Nintendo would still be in the same position if Iwata was still here 

They both deserve a ton of credit

Iwata for the concept

Kimishima for the execution

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Really? Well I don't accept this, I demand that Shigeru Miamoto be the president of Nintendo.

So I have decided to veto the decision of Nintendo about Shuntaro Furukawa, you guys can forget about that guy, I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't dare move past my veto, the consequences would be absolutely dire.