By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which version of Captain Toad will be the best seller?

Which version sells more?

Wii U 2 8.70%

Switch 17 73.91%

3DS 4 17.39%

PS4 (aka: I admit I'm a troll.) 0 0%

Total:23

Switch version.

Around the Network

Mmhh Wii U version sold quite well, but the Switch has a long lifetime, so it will eventually win over the years. I guess 3DS users save their money for a Switch now and won't spend much on games anymore?

I'm gonna go against the river and say the Wii U version. Cap. Toad on Switch is not getting that much of marketing, and it was a big surprise hit on the Wii U. Unlike Tropícal Freeze on Switch, that got all that "This game is a masterpiece,if you didn't played on Wii U do it now on Switch!" fuzz about it, Cap. Toad is more like a good port to get eventually.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Switch

I'll probably go with the Switch.

Around the Network

Wii U

1doesnotsimply

I'm going to go with the Switch version. Switch userbase is still growing and being actively advertised for so there's chances of more eyes seeing this version.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Switch for sure, software attach rate has been insane

I'm gonna guess Switch at a discount. I don't see this selling as much as Wii U at its full price.

The game sold pretty darn good on Wii U. It was kind of alike the Mario+Rabbids for the Wii U, that came out of left field and was a surprise neat new game. So it had a pretty good buzz going around it regardless of advertising. Right now it just has the "I'm glad this is getting ported buzz"

But it is early in Switch life, so it could easily pass. But I'm not sure how long it will stay at $39.99
What did the Wii U version sell at price wise? Was it same or more?

Mar1217 said:
WiiU. It still just a port to Switch in the end. I don't see it making wave just because the Switch is succesful enough. Though I would be glad to be proven wrong ;)

Port point is dont mean much because all Wii U ports already sold better on Switch LT or in same time period.

irstupid said:
I'm gonna guess Switch at a discount. I don't see this selling as much as Wii U at its full price.

The game sold pretty darn good on Wii U. It was kind of alike the Mario+Rabbids for the Wii U, that came out of left field and was a surprise neat new game. So it had a pretty good buzz going around it regardless of advertising. Right now it just has the "I'm glad this is getting ported buzz"

But it is early in Switch life, so it could easily pass. But I'm not sure how long it will stay at $39.99
What did the Wii U version sell at price wise? Was it same or more?

It was  $39.99 on Wii U also.