By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The elephant in the room. Smash is Nintendo's only big game this year.

Is one big game for an entire year acceptable?

Yes. 1 1.52%

No. 30 45.45%

It isn't the only big game this year. 35 53.03%

Total:66
Shaunodon said:
SKMBlake said:
The elephant in the room: this thread makes no sense.

There, I said it.

Noo. That'd only be true if he kept contradicting himse-

Cerebralbore101 said:

Fixed it for you. But I agree with your second point, about how Switch is getting a flood of 3rd party support. They may be late ports, or multiplatform releases, but they are very welcome. 

No contradiction there. Unless you're trying to confuse late ports, remasters, and one or two new multiplatform releases, with the type of 3rd party support that other platforms get. Oh wait, you are. -_-

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Shaunodon said:

Noo. That'd only be true if he kept contradicting himse-

No contradiction there. Unless you're trying to confuse late ports, remasters, and one or two new multiplatform releases, with the type of 3rd party support that other platforms get. Oh wait, you are. -_-

LOL

I think you need to have another good, hard look at the lineups for PS4 and Xbone their first couple years.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Shaunodon said: 

Oh nice! All those games I played on my PC, and Bloodborne.

Thank you again Sony.

If Nintendo got every single 3rd party AAA game, like this, then this thread wouldn't exist. 

Its the successor to 3DS, Wii U & in a way Vita, you should be looking at its 3rd party support in regards to those devices, not PS4/XBO/PC. Its a powerful handheld/modest console so expecting significant AAA 3rd party support just doesnt make sense.

The consolidated support of those devices would include a shit load of small-medium (A/AA) titles which includes

Indie games

Japanese games

Kid/family games

Sports games

Late ports/remasters

So far Switch is getting exactly the type of support a device of its kind is expected to get.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Sorry, meant to select "It isn't the only big game this year" as I was distracted and didn't read all of the options properly! :P

Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Eevee could sell more than Smash on Switch. Not saying it will but the IP and the original game its based on has the power or potential to do so. Just to give you some perspective since you seem to be completely disregarding it's existence because it's trying something slightly different instead of insert exact formula from red and blue 20 years ago.

Super Mario Party is also a big game. It's been a very big seller with DS and 8 selling over 8 million.

That plus Smash makes 3 for 2018 so far from Nintendo alone.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Seriously? People legitimately think the Let's Go games will be good? The gameplay in those makes me cringe.

Quality does not mean it's not a big game. Let's not forget how well the same FIFA game with different socks sells every year.

I mean, I’ve been playing my Switch nearly non-stop for most of the year, so I’m happy.

Shaunodon said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

LOL

I think you need to have another good, hard look at the lineups for PS4 and Xbone their first couple years.

PS4's second year... 

MGSV
Witcher 3
Bloodborne
Fallout 4
Batman Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Black Ops III
Disgaea 5

Switch's second year...
Octopath Traveler
Travis Strikes Back
Valkyria Chronicles 4

I only listed games that were new releases (not ports, not crossgen, not remasters, and not delayed from another platform), 3rd party, and not indies. See how PS4 has significantly more 3rd party support for its second year? 

That being said though, Switch annihilated PS4 in a first year comparison. Mostly because of a great 1st party lineup. Switch 2017 blew me away. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 24 June 2018

Cerebralbore101 said:
Shaunodon said:

LOL

PS4's second year... 

MGSV
Witcher 3
Bloodborne
Fallout 4
Batman Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Black Ops III
Disgaea 5

Switch's second year...
Octopath Traveler
Travis Strikes Back
Valkyria Chronicles 4

I only listed games that were new releases (not ports, not crossgen, not remasters, and not delayed from another platform), 3rd party, and not indies. See how PS4 has significantly more 3rd party support for its second year? 

You broke your own rule yet again... Black Ops III and MGSV are crossgen titles.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Shaunodon said:

LOL

PS4's second year... 

MGSV
Witcher 3
Bloodborne
Fallout 4
Batman Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Black Ops III
Disgaea 5

Switch's second year...
Octopath Traveler
Travis Strikes Back
Valkyria Chronicles 4

Bloodborne is the only exclusive on that list. At least Switch has two.