By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The elephant in the room. Smash is Nintendo's only big game this year.

Is one big game for an entire year acceptable?

Yes. 1 1.52%

No. 30 45.45%

It isn't the only big game this year. 35 53.03%

Total:66
Ka-pi96 said:
But Elephants are cute, so why wouldn't you want one in the room?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Seriously? People legitimately think the Let's Go games will be good? The gameplay in those makes me cringe.

Your title says big games, and this is a sales site, so the correct assumption is that Pokémon Go is a big game.

Pokemon Let's Go doesn't count! If it did, it would go against his own thread.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Sales + Critical Acclaim (Or at least above average review scores. And no, average is not 5/10.) Why, should any self respecting Nintendo fan get excited about a game that sells well, but bombs with critics? 

But see ... this is what I don't understand ... WHY don't you make a thread about your own personal disappointment that is worded in a way where you use your personal viewpoint to make a compelling argument? 

Look, I'm very disappointed in this year too. I have only used my Switch for a couple of hours in the ENTIRE YEAR. But this is the 2nd time you've made a thread that seemed like pussyfooting around the main point: your disappointment. Your last thread was about predicting the amount of "big games" or whatever Nintendo would make each year by using an average calculation. The reason you made the thread was very clearly hinted at your personal issues with this year, but you made a thread about how much games Nintendo would be making ... even though that has nothing to do with your disappointment. The two ideas don't connect, what's the point of even making a "prediction" thread when what you're disappointed in is the stuff YOU KNOW is coming out.

And now this thread is about your disappointment, but you connect it to the idea of "big games" ... while simultaneously leaving out a game that will probably be as big as Smash. I'm sorry, but again ... why would you use an idea that has nothing to do with your personal feelings, as the basis to complain about your personal feelings on a matter?  The concepts do not connect.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8827717

Here is a huge ass post I made about my disappointment regarding Nintendo. It could have been it's own thread. Do I look like a loser for writing such a big post? Probably, but at least the idea makes sense. It isn't tied to "how much will this sell" or "this is how many BIG games per year nintendo makes". It's self contained and makes sense. 

Oddly enough, the amount of 3rd parties will keep me entertained despite the lack of big 1st party games this year (octopath alone should keep me busy for hours). That, and I still have to get many of the big games from last year.

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 24 June 2018

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Oddly enough, the amount of 3rd parties will keep me entertained despite the lack of big 1st party games this year (octopath alone should keep me busy for hours). That, and I still have to get many of the big games last year.

Same. I'm looking forward to Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 (enjoyed Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 a lot), Dark Souls Remastered, Okami HD, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Dragon Ball Fighterz, and Mega Man 11. That's not including Spyro Reignited on my PS4 and Smash Bros Ultimate.

Around the Network

If you dont want a dumbed down pokemon.... or a mostly port like Smash game (Im not a smash fan either).
Yeah Id be dissapointed if I was a switch owner about 2018.

Pokemon Lets Go aren't big games??? I also think the games will turn out to be bad, but you cant deny that it will be a system seller. Too many genwunners and casuals left for that not to happen.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

JRPGfan said:
If you dont want a dumbed down pokemon.... or a mostly port like Smash game (Im not a smash fan either).

But you're not a Switch owner, and I assume it's because the titles don't interest you anyway. But yeah, this year is lacking, I thought 2017 was supposed to be a smaller year so that we could have a great 2018? Now we're supposed to delay that to 2019? I guess Nintendo still haven't fully adjusted to HD gaming if they're still having to delay titles like Fire Emblem and Yoshi.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Sales + Critical Acclaim (Or at least above average review scores. And no, average is not 5/10.) Why, should any self respecting Nintendo fan get excited about a game that sells well, but bombs with critics? 

But see ... this is what I don't understand ... WHY don't you make a thread about your own personal disappointment that is worded in a way where you use your personal viewpoint to make a compelling argument? 

Look, I'm very disappointed in this year too. I have only used my Switch for a couple of hours in the ENTIRE YEAR. But this is the 2nd time you've made a thread that seemed like pussyfooting around the main point: your disappointment. Your last thread was about predicting the amount of "big games" or whatever Nintendo would make each year by using an average calculation. The reason you made the thread was very clearly hinted at your personal issues with this year, but you made a thread about how much games Nintendo would be making ... even though that has nothing to do with your disappointment. The two ideas don't connect, what's the point of even making a "prediction" thread when what you're disappointed in is the stuff YOU KNOW is coming out.

And now this thread is about your disappointment, but you connect it to the idea of "big games" ... while simultaneously leaving out a game that will probably be as big as Smash. I'm sorry, but again ... why would you use an idea that has nothing to do with your personal feelings, as the basis to complain about your personal feelings on a matter?  The concepts do not connect.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8827717

Here is a huge ass post I made about my disappointment regarding Nintendo. It could have been it's own thread. Do I look like a loser for writing such a big post? Probably, but at least the idea makes sense. It isn't tied to "how much will this sell" or "this is how many BIG games per year nintendo makes". It's self contained and makes sense. 

Yeah, on my way to work, I realized exactly this. If I had just made a thread called "I'm dissappointed in Nintendo this year." it would have been better in a thousand ways. 

Kai_Mao said: So I'm guessing your prediction for Pokemon Let's Go's Metacritic score will be 50-60 based off of no wild Pokemon battles?

I'm predicting Pokemon Let's Go will get somewhere in the low 70's, simply because it's a Pokemon game. There are a lot of Nintendo games that score around 77-79 like Arms, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Tennis Aces, and Pokken. Personally, those games aren't for me (at least not at a full $60 price tag), but if I saw those games one someone else's shelf or collection, I'd give them a thumbs up. Let's Go probably won't even reach that level of decency. I mean, it's heavily borrowing mechanics from... *HACK*... a mob... a mob *WRETCH*... oh God a can't even say it. A MOBILE GAME! *vomiting intensifies*

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 24 June 2018

JRPGfan said:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate is a brand new Smash game.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.