By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People are trying to refund Mario Tennis Aces for not being like real tennis

I think the headline is a bit misleading. People, like me, buy Mario Tennis because of its relaxed arcade gameplay; we don't want a realistic tennis sim.

That said, we do want OPTIONS. Nintendo failing to include something as basic as adjustable sets is bonkers. How hard would it have been to program that?

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
The lack of options is mistake on Nintendo's part that'll hopefully be fixed, but this was known even before the game launched, so it's your own mistake for buying a game without doing enough research.

It wasn't that clear though They basically said in one of their videos there be a normal mode. People assumed it meant everything and not just the fancy shots being turned off.. In any case it it stupidity on Nintendo s part for not doing that. It would move so many more units for so little effort.

So again, not enough research was done if that's what you assumed. People who got the game early said the options were limited.

Podings said:
My one question for this whole affair is: Has anyone been DENIED a refund?

Nintendo are typically quite good with refunding people that find their games to not meet expectations.
Nintendo doesn't allow refunds if you buy digitally.

Podings said:
My one question for this whole affair is: Has anyone been DENIED a refund?

Nintendo are typically quite good with refunding people that find their games to not meet expectations.

ive never heard of them doing this. and for the one case described in the article, Nintendo did respond and they denied him a refund

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Cobretti2 said:

It wasn't that clear though They basically said in one of their videos there be a normal mode. People assumed it meant everything and not just the fancy shots being turned off.. In any case it it stupidity on Nintendo s part for not doing that. It would move so many more units for so little effort.

So again, not enough research was done if that's what you assumed. People who got the game early said the options were limited.

What research do you expect to people who preorder to do? It is not like it was spelt out with a WARNING: can't change set and game numbers. That is a fundamental core of a tennis game and shouldn't have been omitted. It is bad press that could have been avoided easily. 

The only info that was provided was you can turn off the fancy shit and play real tennis.

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Well that's pretty uncool.
Reminds me once more to not buy the digital versions of Nintedo's retail games.

Around the Network

How on earth can anyone buy this at full price

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
How on earth can anyone buy this at full price

Mario on the title

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I'm not sure why you think "people want to have longer Mario tennis matches" = "people expect this game to be a tennis sim".  It amazes me how many people are shitting on others for making a completely valid complaint.

The game is clearly not a sim. But, neither were other Mario Tennis games that had this feature. Neither were the Hot Shots Tennis games that had this feature. This is literally something that would take one person no more than one day of programming to implement. There is literally no reason for this not to be included. Really? Implying people are dumb for wanting to have longer tennis like other games in the series have done? For wanting the same options in exhibition mode that are available in online mode? HOW DARE THEY!?!

It's like if they made a Mario baseball game, and it only had the option for three to five innings that, that were one to two outs per side, and people asked for the ability in exhibition matches to add make the game seven or nine innings, and the ability to make those innings three outs each. Like, why not? If you don't want to have longer games, just don't use the feature. Stick with the three game, two set default online matches.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 27 June 2018

Podings said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

None of the platform holders refund digital games to my knowledge.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Podings said:

None of the platform holders refund digital games to my knowledge.

Sony did when my kid accidentally bought a PS4 game messing around with a controller while my wife worked from home.