By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Using "autistic" as a derogatory term; please don't

John2290 said:
You are telling us this why?Is this a parody thread of itself or what?

Sticks and stones dude, grow up. Its sickening people are so afraid of words these days,ehy not own it and any hate in the term is removed because you own it and give it no power but making threads like this yo tell people what they should and shouldn't say is jusy giving people ammunition. Im fact, I won't, but I want to point out the obvious irony of this thread just out out spite.

Go back to your 'safe place' or your 'cry closet' and not tey and force your censorship on others because your feelings are so fragile.

Sticks and stones? Want me to send you articles of people committing suicide because of bullying?

https://blog.theautismsite.com/suicidal-risk/

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 22 June 2018

Around the Network
John2290 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Sticks and stones? Want me to send you articles of people committing suicide because of bullying?

https://blog.theautismsite.com/suicidal-risk/

If people are that weak they commit suicide because of name calling then they light as well go out on their own terms because life will just chew them up and spit them out anyway. If name calling is the worst thing that can happen to someone's day to day life, I think its safe to say we have it pretty good and easy.

Ah great, so your response is essentially "might as well just kill yourself". I can see you have no empathy at all for them, maybe if you had to deal with the constant issues of having autism and dealing with bullying you'd be more sympathetic. I may not have autism myself, but I know those who do and they really have a hill to climb in order to be successful.

And toxic masculinity has shown up for the party.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

John2290 said:

You are telling us this why? Is this a parody thread of itself or what?

Sticks and stones dude, grow up. Its sickening people are so afraid of words these days, why not own it and any hate in the term is removed because you have taken it away and give it no power but making threads like this to tell people what they should and shouldn't say is jusy giving people ammunition. Im fact, I won't, but I want to point out the obvious irony of this thread just out out spite.

Go back to your 'safe place' or your 'cry closet' and not try and force your censorship on others because your feelings are so fragile.

Jesus, we need a war with a draft to weed out the weak in our society. Wait until you face real strife in your life and someone using a mental illness as an insult will be low on your list of thing to worry about.

Triggered!

John2290 said:

You are telling us this why? Is this a parody thread of itself or what?

Sticks and stones dude, grow up. Its sickening people are so afraid of words these days, why not own it and any hate in the term is removed because you have taken it away and give it no power but making threads like this to tell people what they should and shouldn't say is jusy giving people ammunition. Im fact, I won't, but I want to point out the obvious irony of this thread just out out spite.

Go back to your 'safe place' or your 'cry closet' and not try and force your censorship on others because your feelings are so fragile.

Jesus, we need a war with a draft to weed out the weak in our society. Wait until you face real strife in your life and someone using a mental illness as an insult will be low on your list of thing to worry about.

LOL

We need a war? Are you for real?

Around the Network

*cough* I said "Autistic screeching" to describe Sony in the Minecraft Cross play trailer post on VG news. And I can say I seriously don't care about your anti-free speech policing.

It was used in a kidding manner, and completely alright to say. This is like saying you can't eat a steak because a baby can't chew it. And right now you're yelling at a wall that refuses to change color.

TheBird said:
*cough* I said "Autistic screeching" to describe Sony in the Minecraft Cross play trailer post on VG news. And I can say I seriously don't care about your anti-free speech policing.

It was used in a kidding manner, and completely alright to say. This is like saying you can't eat a steak because a baby can't chew it. And right now you're yelling at a wall that refuses to change color.

That's a bad analogy.  There is nothing negative implied about a baby that can't chew a steak.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
And toxic masculinity has shown up for the party.

John2290 said:

Well, I see you added this in, this sounds like something a Nazi would say.

My thoughts.
First amendment. Free speech. Say what you want. I won't send a ban hammer at anyone using the phrase.

Though on a personal level, I find the term repugnant and anyone who uses it to be a piece of shit. Just cause you can say something doesn't mean you should.