By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Using "autistic" as a derogatory term; please don't

If using the word autistic in a derogatory way is going to be prohibited, can we at least consider banning VGP from political or similarly charged discussions, since that's easily more offensive?

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Immersiveunreality said:

It might be yes but that's you, this thread is about the use of that word in general. Context offcourse matters.

Of course context matters. If someone walks up to a struggling autistic kid and starts telling them to quit being autistic, I'll punch the fucker myself.

But if someone it throwing a temper tantrum and someone tells him to quit being so damn autistic, then they should probably assess why someone is calling them autistic.

Yeah most of the times people do think why others call them names so that shouldnt be a problem.

Its not hard to just tell someone to not be so angry or act spoiled but to each their own .

Azuren said:

But if someone it throwing a temper tantrum and someone tells him to quit being so damn autistic, then they should probably assess why someone is calling them autistic.

This would already require more thought from the defendant than the plaintiff put into that particular social encounter.

ALSO: hi vgc

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
If using the word autistic in a derogatory way is going to be prohibited, can we at least consider banning VGP from political or similarly charged discussions, since that's easily more offensive?

This. Or, at least, make it so the political section doesn't show up in the Hot Topics. I thought this site was for discussing video games and their sales, not complaining about [insert political figure I disagree with here].

Well said . I agree with you .

Around the Network

Sure, whatever you say.

VGPolyglot said:

Sure, whatever you say.

Okay, go. You are not needed here. Begone from the political and similarly charged threads! BEGONE!

VGPolyglot said:

Sure, whatever you say.

Okay, go. You are not needed here. Begone from the political and similarly charged threads! BEGONE!

Make the Garnet pic your avy again and I'll stop posting in political threads.

VGPolyglot said:

No. It's not just political threads, it's "similarly charged" threads. Meaning you can't go into threads about political correctness, or go into a thread and start talking about how racist random users are. 

If you agree to that, I will make Garnet my AV again. 

VGPolyglot said:

No. It's not just political threads, it's "similarly charged" threads. Meaning you can't go into threads about political correctness, or go into a thread and start talking about how racist random users are. 

If you agree to that, I will make Garnet my AV again. 

OK, deal.