By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Ys XIII on Switch Outsell PS4 and XBO?

How will Ys XIII perform on Switch?

It will outsell all other versions combined! 2 6.67%

It will be the best-selli... 8 26.67%

It will outsell PC and Xbox, but not PS4. 13 43.33%

It will be the worst-sell... 5 16.67%

How dare you mention thes... 2 6.67%

Total:30

I've been hearing horror stories about the Switch translation from NISA. I have no idea how they can screw up a game that has already been translated but apparently they did.

Around the Network
StuOhQ said: Simple question, but one that has a couple of angles: will the Switch port of Ys XIII outsell the XBO and PS4 ports?

Ys XIII isn't for Switch, most likely a PS6 title. Ys VIII isn't available for Xbox either.

The Switch port is releasing at a less crowded time -> It's absolutely crowded : Mario Tennis, Minecraft, Crash, Wolfenstein, Octopath, Toad... Lots of Switch games coming just before and after.

The Switch dominates Japan, and a this is a portable upgrade from Vita -> The Switch doesn't dominate in the 3rd party sector. Switch ports generally sell a tiny percentage compared to PS4/Vita versions. God Wars and Blazeblue CTB are recent proof of that. Ys VIII Switch is not in COMG so there's a high probability that it will underperform significantly. The game is 2-year old on PSVita so most people could get it for a reduced price, including PSN sales in Japan.

Conclusion : Ys VIII Switch will definitely outsell the non-existing Xbox version, but will be far from the PS versions. 

TheWPCTraveler said:
NIS America is doing a fantastic job of not advertising this title and not even coming close to addressing concerns over the quality of the port and localization.

I didn't even realise that it released until after I saw the Nintendo Life review, oops.

It's gotten more publicity than any of non-Disgaea title from NISA. Literally can't expect more than they've done.

I think it'll do ok. There's not a single good Action RPG on the console, so I would hope that fans pick it up.

Last edited by outlawauron - on 22 June 2018

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Shaunodon said:
Ys VIII*

Has there been any word that this is coming out on Xbox??

Thank you for reminding me this is coming out on Switch soon. Something else to help kill the time until Octopath Traveler.

Don't count on it. Falcom is a deeply rooted Japanese company. They aim their games at the japanese market and then those versions get localised. Not sure they ever released a single game on Xbox.

don't really see this happen, don't think people will buy an old game for the full price

Around the Network

What are the sales?

Looks really good. And as Rol said, the localisation is perfectly fine

due to hardly anyone even knowing about it due to zero advertisement, id say its a big no

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Shaunodon said:

What is up with all the shimmering/flickering of textures/shadows in the video? pretty sure the PS4 version doesnt do that.

What causes it? is it like bad implimentation of AA or something?

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 24 June 2018

JRPGfan said:
Shaunodon said:

What is up with all the shimmering/flickering of textures/shadows in the video? pretty sure the PS4 version doesnt do that.

Did you really look that hard just to find some small fault with the Switch version haha?