By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft E3 2018 Is The Highest Watched Livestream Ever on Twitch

WoodenPints said:
shikamaru317 said:

I think we screwed up on the EA numbers, what we thought was concurrent was actually the total views for the EA Channel. I could be wrong though. 

Hmm maybe I just remember seeing the number going up fast as it was at like 20k when I opened the stream but I guess it was their 1st E3 stream on mixer so that increased fast and I could of followed the wrong count  as their total views is 198k now :D

The highest I saw Xbox show on Mixer was 202k when they showed Gears 5.

Around the Network

I watched Nintendo, EA, and Sony on youtube. Watched Microsofts, Ubisoft, Square, and Bethesda on Mixer.

VAMatt said:
Had Sony gone first, it would likely be the other way around.

I think it has more to do with the fact that PlayStation's biggest market (Europe) is fast asleep at the time of Sony's E3 conferences.

Replicant said:
VAMatt said:
Had Sony gone first, it would likely be the other way around.

I think it has more to do with the fact that PlayStation's biggest market (Europe) is fast asleep at the time of Sony's E3 conferences.

Yeah, that may be true.  Also, MS was on the weekend, Sony wasn't.  So, while I was able to watch XB live, I had to watch PS after the fact.  

I watched it on Youtube. I tried Mixer and Twitch and found Youtube to be a bit better with less hiccups.

Around the Network

It's because of Europe. Microsoft's conference was held between 9 and 11 pm for western Europe, whereas Sony's was held between 1 and 3 am. I've never understood why Sony doesn't do a conference in the morning so europeans can watch it at a reasonable time. I'm guessing they do it so Japan and Asia can watch, but E3 traditionnally is catered more towards western audiences than asian.

And MS was the one pushing Mixer here... it had hundred of thousands there, too.
Well done.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

VAMatt said:
Replicant said:

Yeah, that may be true.  Also, MS was on the weekend, Sony wasn't.  So, while I was able to watch XB live, I had to watch PS after the fact.  

Microsoft's conference was more enjoyable so I'm glad that more people watched it live.

Bristow9091 said:
Interesting to see there was even a 200k difference between Microsoft and Sony conferences two years in a row, and poor ol' EA down there actually losing viewership, lol. What did they even show off? I didn't watch theirs.

FIFA 19.

At least Ka-pi was happy.

Azzanation said:
Well deserved, but does it mean anything?

It means that There was a lot of people interested in this year's Microsoft e3 conference. 

Pocky Lover Boy!