By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSNow getting download feature? (Rumour)

"Reddit user satertek stumbled across a “Download Game” option in PlayStation Now’s menu. Apparently, pressing the button doesn’t yield any results. Furthermore, the button prompt does not appear in all games. The below screenshot from satertek is one taken in Alpha Protocol."

Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/06/15/playstation-now-download-feature/
Reddit Post : https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/8r7fi1/new_psnow_pause_menu_option_return_to_game_detail/

It's interesting to note that the game it's allegedly appeared on, is a ps3 game on the service, not a ps4 game. Giving the option to download games onto your PS4 system like Gamepass would be a great improvement, both downloads and cloud gaming in one service.

Hopefully this is legit, and it's coming in the next few months. If it is coming, it'll likely be a feature of the next major FW update (6.00)

Around the Network

We’ll see if it amounts to anything, but it’ll be interesting if true.

I don't see a reason for the implementation of this feature. First PSNow is about cloud gaming and downloading is not cloud gaming and second, downloading the games in that catalog would make PSNow a Game Pass-like platform...

Wait, is Playstation implementing an equivalent of the famous Xbox Game Pass?

This feature probably coming into PS5 PS+ , PS5 might be able to play PS4 and PS3 games backward compatibility.

This would be like XBOX gamepass. This is something BIG comes to be true

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Still not interested, i mean I am in the streaming tech but I'm not paying 15 euro to play a catalogue of games from last gen. Give us the entire PS3 PSN within reason and I might buy in, start cutting those deals.

PSNow isn't just last gen, it has some PS4 games, admittedly it's a small catalogue but it could increase rapidly, especially if this feature comes to pass.

This would be a big improvement, but the ship has sailed, I think.

Game Pass is just a better mouse trap.

John2290 said:
Barkley said:

PSNow isn't just last gen, it has some PS4 games, admittedly it's a small catalogue but it could increase rapidly, especially if this feature comes to pass.

Hmm, the EU version must have a different catalogue. I spent two weeks with this thing and didn't see a single ps4 title. Guess they out the heftiest games where the internet is the fastest and most likely where they have ISP deals. 

I'm from UK and they're definitely on there, launched with 51 games back in July 2017.

Here's every PS4 game on PSNow that I could find on the EU PSBlog, Bolded the biggest titles.

Until Dawn
Dead Island: Definitive Edition
Deadlight: Director’s Cut
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
SOMA
Lords of the Fallen
Overlord: Fellowship of Evil
Beyond: Two Souls
Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders
How To Survive: Storm Warning Edition
Lone Survivor: Director’s Cut
Saint’s Row: Gat out of Hell
Space Hulk
Extreme Exorcism
Assetto Corsa
Farming Simulator 17
Tour de France 2017
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
Ziggurat
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Teslagrad
Ultratron
Toki Tori 2+
Seasons After Fall
Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
Doki-Doki Universe
Sound Shapes
Unfinished Swan
Battleborn
Defense Grid 2
Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide
Dirt Rally
Knack
Sparkle 2
Tennis In The Face
Mousecraft
Pang Adventures
Krinkle Krusher
Super Exploding Zoo!
Don’t Die Mr Robot!
Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 1
I, Zombie
Tetraminos
Rogue Stormers
Stinkbold! A Dodgeball Adventure
Ninja Pizza Girl
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
Metal Slug 3
Styx: Master of Shadows
Entwined
The Swapper
Stealth Inc Ultimate Edition
Pixel Piracy
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Director’s Cut
The Swindle
Action Henk
Poncho
Fat Princess Adventures
Hohokum
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
Leo’s Fortune
Stealth Inc 2: A Game Of Clones
Thomas Was Alone
Nova-111
Shadwen
Inside My Radio
GRAVITY RUSH REMASTERED
Mitsurugu Kamui Hikae
Croizleur Sigma
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
Exile’s End
Killzone Shadow Fall
Saint’s Row IV Re-Elected
WWE 2K16
Tropico 5
F1 2015
Evolve
Dead Nation Apocalypse
Helldivers
Resogun
Heavy Rain
Tearaway Unfolded
Counterspy
Shadow of the Beast
Alienation
Escape Plan
Everybody’s gone to the Rapture
Broken Age
Grim Fandango Remastered
Castlestorm Definitive Edition
God of War III: Remastered
Super Mega Baseball
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Hardware: Rivals
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones
Day Of The Tentacle Remastered
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments
Dungeons II
Back To Bed
Pure Chess
Pure Pool
Olliolli
Stick It To The Man
Blood Bowl 2
Super Stardust Ultra
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
Nidhogg
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
Farming Simulator 15
Tour De France 2016
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Grand Ages: Medieval
Pure Hold’em World Poker Championship
Q*bert: Rebooted
Fluster Cluck
The Last Tinker: City of Colors
Velocibox
Whispering Willows
Kickbeat Special Edition
Battle Worlds Kronos
Legend Of Kay Anniversary

There's an easy way to prove that streaming games will never be successful. The faster than light speeds required mean we'd have messages from the future telling us how great the PS6 is.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

This would be a great addition to the service, but they still need a few more things to get it over with the mass market.

The other two keys;

1. Day One releases on all new titles, at least from 1st party to start.

2. Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS, and Android support.

I would also like a mobile option that is capable of downloading and playing games local as well. The service should be a pure streamer on non PlayStation devices, with the option to download for the best expereince if you have a PlayStation device.

Sony has the early advantage with streaming tech right now, and they need to get their service over before others start to trickle into the space. Hopefully they don't lollygag on this, and end up wasting another huge opertunity. Becoming the defacto game streaming service, with over 100 million people paying them ~$20 a month, would push the stock to record levels.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL