By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last of Us has sold over 17 million copies as of April 2018

quickrick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait a kid being well.......a kid doesn't seem believable to you lol?

A kid acting so nonchalant  in a terrifying world filled with clickers, and infected is normal? Hell no. I mean i could understand when they were in the safe zone, but i would think even adult would be very serious when they are trying to survive, but she just act like normal kid having normal day.

Seemed reasonable to me. Fighting for survival every single day not able to just enjoy a toy or life. Doing things to keep the nerves together like whistling, singing etc to ease their selves. I could see it for sure. It sucked me deeper into the game with that....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
quickrick said:

A kid acting so nonchalant  in a terrifying world filled with clickers, and infected is normal? Hell no. I mean i could understand when they were in the safe zone, but i would think even adult would be very serious when they are trying to survive, but she just act like normal kid having normal day.

Seemed reasonable to me. Fighting for survival every single day not able to just enjoy a toy or life. Doing things to keep the nerves together like whistling, singing etc to ease their selves. I could see it for sure. It sucked me deeper into the game with that....

she wasn't though, that's her first time on the outside, so she's not used to fighting everyday for her life. Aside from that, you would have to be very stupid to whistle, and sing loud in a world filled with clickers, which of course rely on sound. when joel told her to watch her step crossing the building, she gives him a look like please this is nothing, i understand what naughty dog is going for, i'm a cool bad ass teen, just would like a more serious tone in my survival horror games, i feel like joel captures the feeling of the miserable world they are living perfecty.   

Acevil said:
quickrick said:
so i'm playing Last of us after 100% GOW, and i think it was mistake, it's my third play through, and just doesn't feel as great after experiencing a game like GOW. keep in my that the last of us was my GOTG last gen.

I think it is perception of playing a game the first time versus replaying it years later. A lot of the wow moments are lost 2nd or 3rd time. Namely when the game play was not the strongest subset criteria of Last of Us, it was the amazing narrative that blows you away. 

I imagine some people will have the same experiences with other strong titles this generation. 

After falling through the elevator i'm in love the game again, gameplay is fun as well. Although the sequel will blow this away easily.

BraLoD said:
quickrick said:
so i'm playing Last of us after 100% GOW, and i think it was mistake, it's my third play through, and just doesn't feel as great after experiencing a game like GOW. keep in my that the last of us was my GOTG last gen.

I went back to platinum TLoU right after I got GoW platinum too, and I still found it as good as it was back there, and I also had played it multiple times too.

Sad to see with you it was different.

It was good, but nothing amazing till i fell though the elevator in the water, probably scariest part of the game, then it just clicked for me again, loving it now.

quickrick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

If that is all you've known since the day you were born, then of course it's normal. She doesn't know anything else. Watch videos of children who were born in war torn countries and that is all they've known for the first 10 years of their lives and nothing else. Humans adapt and we create coping mechanisms in the most difficult situations. That is called survival. 

Eg. I'm horrified by the American attitude to guns and how they are everywhere there. But children there grew up with them so for  them there is no fear, for them it's normal. For Ellie her life is "normal". For me and my family, who have never been around guns, it's some scary unfathomable shit!

Around the Network

This is one of my favorite games ever! Love the characters and story! I can see TLOU2 being one of the best sellers of PS4 behind GTA and the last great game for PS4 before PS5 arrives

quickrick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

There's clearly a balance to take into consideration here. It IS a game after all. However, Neil gave the narrative room to breath quite often, no more starkly than with the passing seasons. During the journey within those seasons, there were moments cut together to also show a gap in the narrative. To us, the gamer, we spent 14 - 16 hours in their company, for the protagonists, it was much much longer. We enjoyed only the important moments in their lives while they chatted, shat, ate, rested, slept and enjoyed many trivial moments in which to find their centres again. 

The PS5 Exists. 

quickrick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

she wasn't though, that's her first time on the outside, so she's not used to fighting everyday for her life. Aside from that, you would have to be very stupid to whistle, and sing loud in a world filled with clickers, which of course rely on sound. when joel told her to watch her step crossing the building, she gives him a look like please this is nothing, i understand what naughty dog is going for, i'm a cool bad ass teen, just would like a more serious tone in my survival horror games, i feel like joel captures the feeling of the miserable world they are living perfecty.   

Man oh man, you are missing so much subtext. The moments of brevity aren't just there for the sake of it, they're there to show there's still room to breath in this world (hope). When she walked across the plank, it wasn't so show she was a 'bad ass' teen for goodness sake, it was to show she was single minded and independent (Sarah buying Joel a watch and insisting it was 'still today'). His daughter was like that and it reminded him of his daughter. That's why he looks at the watch. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
quickrick said:

Man oh man, you are missing so much subtext. The moments of brevity aren't just there for the sake of it, they're there to show there's still room to breath in this world (hope). When she walked across the plank, it wasn't so show she was a 'bad ass' teen for goodness sake, it was to show she was single minded and independent (Sarah buying Joel a watch and insisting it was 'still today'). His daughter was like that and it reminded him of his daughter. That's why he looks at the watch. 

I think they could have handled the character much better, she get's better towards the end, but her showing no fear, hardly being serious in serious situations, and over use of the F word were kinda annoying. 

quickrick said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I think they could have handled the character much better, she get's better towards the end, but her showing no fear, hardly being serious in serious situations, and over use of the F word were kinda annoying. 

Ellie's only really afraid of being alone. Death is nothing to her. It's just 'waiting for my turn.' 

Did you even follow the character development? :)

The PS5 Exists.