By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else worried about Red Dead Redemption 2?

Not at all, if it gets delayed again then so be it.

Around the Network

Im worried about a delay.

Baddman said:
I'm only worried about the game because of take two and what they've done to gtav and nba 2k

This. I'm not the least bit worried about the game itself, but the monetization that's bound to be present with Take Two's track record.

yvanjean said:
zumnupy10 said:
I know rockstar doesn't attend E3 but I expected something to show at Sony conference. Even if it was only a new trailer.

You are contradicting yourself.... either you know they don't attend E3 or not. 

Here what you do don't pre-order the game and wait for the reviews.

Why?

They don't need to be at E3 in order to release a trailer at least.  It wouldn't be the first time.  The first trailer for GTA V remake was realeased at Sony E3 stage.

RDR didn't blow me away like it did with most others. I just felt like i was playing GTA on a horse. I'll still probably play the new one at some point, though.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
I don't know about a delay, I doubt it now that it's up on digital stores for pre-order and it's been delay so much. As for the games quality, with the ammount of people they have working on it and R*s track record I'm not one bit worried. What I am worried about is the online portion being as unbalanced towards people who don't buy shark cards. I really want to play online but It's a crime when it gets so grind heavy in favour of pay to win. Thankfully there isn't much they can do with shark cards here, it's not like there are any viehcals or high rise apartment buildings. Hopefully they'll return to the DLC model or a inconsequential ranking system and cosmetic stuff for people who buy microtransactions. I actually wouldn't mind paying a subscription to red dead online if it kept everyone on an even keel and kept the content coming. Subscription style like FF14 or WoW would be ideal and people would pay it no problem. That way everone wins and no-one gets left in the grind.

With what Take Two (the parent company) did with GTAO and NBA 2K18, selling weaponized vehicles, motorcycles that fly through the air and bases for millions of dollars so as to make everything a painful and tedious grind and requiring you to play hundreds of games to fully upgrade your created character without paying for VC as well as locking simple cosmetics behind a paywall without a preview, you better believe the online will be P2W, that much is for certain. 

I'm also not a big fan of paying to unlock content already on the disc that was ready from the get-go. It would be like if record/music companies said "we're gonna charge you $2 a pop for tracks 8, 11 and 12 on that CD you just bought". Which, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I remember reading on another forum somewhere that it's illegal to charge additional access fees to something customers already purchased?

I don't doubt the single player will be great, but these two things kinda hamper the experience a little bit. After GTAO made billions of dollars off of Shark Cards, the online will basically be unplayable, hence a single-player only experience.

They know that they no longer have to release anything and the games will sell. That's all this is.

Not at all. Rockstar will do great with this.