By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else worried about Red Dead Redemption 2?

I'm not worried in the slightest. Rockstar has an amazing track-record, and I completely trust them on this one. Also, gaming journalist have already seen gameplay, and they loved it.

And why do you think rockstar is not confident? They have been marketing the shit ot of this game.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Id actually recommend them to delay it and i hate delays. last half of the year is stuffed

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Id actually recommend them to delay it and i hate delays. last half of the year is stuffed

Delay it to Feb 22nd, that date is wide open. But yeah, there are so many games this fall it is overwhelming

melbye said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Delay it to Feb 22nd, that date is wide open. But yeah, there are so many games this fall it is overwhelming

Now watch Yoshi release around Feb 22nd too

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
melbye said:

Now watch Yoshi release around Feb 22nd too

And Crackdown 3, then every 1st party is represented

Around the Network

It's still months away, not worried till it's a day left without gameplay, we'll see reviews anyways unless the embargo is on the day of release then that'll really be worrisome, but I doubt that'll happen.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Seriously? You got nothing to worry about.

Also, something a lot of people don't understand about advertising. You don't advertise months before your product is out. That is a waste of money. Things like E3 are public relations actions. The companies come to you and let you know what they are working on. You already know about the existence of RDR2.

Advertisement usually doesn't come before one or two weeks before the product is actually purchasable. Because that is a ridiculous waste of money. The point of advertisement is to wake in you the will to immediately buy the product. This will will become less pronounced with time unless you keep wasting money on more and more advertisement to keep it as "top of mind". It's a gigantic waste of money.
Granted, some companies go to lengths, but that is why you see such gigantic "marketing" budgets in games that then require several millions on sales to break even.

So, seriously... if you got to PSN and i imagine Xbox store, you can see a lengthy trailer. The game looks amazing and you can expect similar game play to the previous game. There is no way to mess this up.

What you have to worry about are embargoes that go to release date, not advertisement.

Not worried. Single player will be great, online will be great. Hopefully an a great battle royale mode too. I'm feeling confident.

I am more worried about people knocking a quality game if it does not match GTAV in a wild west setting, or people's expectations being so high from the first that they are doomed to be disappointed.

But for the actual quality of the game, no I am not worried.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'm only worried about the game because of take two and what they've done to gtav and nba 2k