By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New details on Seriko: Shadow's Die Twice - Not a souls/rpg game

GOWTLOZ said:
Nautilus said:

Why is this hate against RPGs?Just because my interest is lowered dosent mean Im not interest in the game.Its just that RPG is my favorite genre, so a game with RPG elements automatically get extra points for me.

And Im the most diverse type of gamer there is.Outside of racing and sports games in general that are not arcady, I like every type of game there is.Hell, Im a gigantic fan of Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton.I just love to see RPG elements in other games.Jeez, relax.

I don't hate RPG's rather I like them. But I don't see why every game out there should be an RPG. Not every game benefits from it.

You should play some good racing game too though. Its a fantastic genre of games and surprisingly varied.

Hence why I said its a personal preference.I love RPGs and I feel like many games could use some RPGs elements on it to make them better.

But nah, realistic RPGs dont appeal to me at all.Zero story, I see no appeal on racing for the sole purpose to race, and so on.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:

As a fan having played most if not all of From Software's games (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, DS2, Bloodborne and still planning to do DS3) I must say this game is kind of disappointing (so far). Perhaps specifically cause I was expecting a souls-like game or better yet, Bloodborne 2.

Also From Software joining up with one of the 4 ancient EVIL ones (Activision), what a betrayal. I'll have to pass on the risk of loot boxes and pay to win.

I guess I'm going to have to turn to Nioh 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima for my Souls-like hunger for the time being until From Software shows me something I care for again.

Personally, I just don't get the obsession with Bloodborne 2. I almost wonder if half of it is to get a chub at another Sony exclusive, lol. From Software has shown that they are way better at spiritual successors - at evolving, then just making sequels. Frankly, Bloodborne is way cooler as a one and done project, as a dreamland you never return to. 

And if you think Ghosts of Tsushima will fix your Souls-like hunger then I think you'll be disappointed, to me it's look a lot more like a Batman Arkham style game with a Samurai skin than a Soulsborne title. In fact, if Ghost fixes your hunger for a Souls-like than Sekiro will probably do that ten fold, it has almost the same exact gameplay as a Souls title just without the leveling up ... 

Looks good, but i really wanted bloodborned dos.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Personally, I just don't get the obsession with Bloodborne 2. I almost wonder if half of it is to get a chub at another Sony exclusive, lol. From Software has shown that they are way better at spiritual successors - at evolving, then just making sequels. Frankly, Bloodborne is way cooler as a one and done project, as a dreamland you never return to. 

And if you think Ghosts of Tsushima will fix your Souls-like hunger then I think you'll be disappointed, to me it's look a lot more like a Batman Arkham style game with a Samurai skin than a Soulsborne title. In fact, if Ghost fixes your hunger for a Souls-like than Sekiro will probably do that ten fold, it has almost the same exact gameplay as a Souls title just without the leveling up ... 

I never said there has to be a million Bloodborne sequels, but at least 1 or 2 sequels would be fine. From Software did that with Dark Souls and it worked very well.

No need to return to the same world as in Bloodborne 1, just like with each new Dark Souls a new world is not a problem.

As for Ghosts of Tsushima, yeah I still don't know exactly what the game is all about so I quoted it as an example. I ALSO quoted Nioh which is a very well done Souls like game. And since a Nioh 2 is in the works, that's where I'll turn my attention for the time being.

whoa just saw this looks awesome!!!

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I never said there has to be a million Bloodborne sequels, but at least 1 or 2 sequels would be fine. From Software did that with Dark Souls and it worked very well.

No need to return to the same world as in Bloodborne 1, just like with each new Dark Souls a new world is not a problem.

As for Ghosts of Tsushima, yeah I still don't know exactly what the game is all about so I quoted it as an example. I ALSO quoted Nioh which is a very well done Souls like game. And since a Nioh 2 is in the works, that's where I'll turn my attention for the time being.

Lol I don't think From Software did the Dark Souls sequels well at all ... Dark Souls 2 is hated by many, but even 3 largely just recycled ideas from the first game (hell, the newest ideas were just copied from Bloodborne ...). 3 was a fine game, great in some cases even, but it's biggest weakness was trying too hard to stick to being just another Dark Souls. It's perfectly fine to want a Bloodborne 2, I guess I just don't see the point in it. Been there, done that, I think they can make a better game by doing something new again. That's why I loved Bloodborne so much and why I'll probably like Sekiro. But again, I wouldn't complain if we got a BB2 : P Like you said, no where near as saturated as DS.

Nioh is nice, yeah. Honestly knowing that Sekiro is farther from a regular Souls game than Nioh is, I'd be more than fine with the Nioh team taking up the mantle of "regular" Souls-like games ... because even with the multiple similarities Nioh is significantly different from DS and Bloodborne ... lol