By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New details on Seriko: Shadow's Die Twice - Not a souls/rpg game

not a rpg? well.... hype lowered.

Around the Network

The change doesn't really bother me. I don't mind From doing something different once in a while, makes the eventual return to soulslike games feel even better when it does happen.

JRPGfan said:
not a rpg? well.... hype lowered.

Not a Dark Souls clone

Hype raised. 

I really am loving this feeling of being on the right side of the fence this time.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Maybe they got tired of Souls. Or they just need much more time for next one...especially if it's to be open/semi-open world in modern free-roam sense.

As much as I like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, I´m up for something different from them.They´ve already made Demons Souls, Dark Souls + DLC, Dark Souls 2 + 3 DLCs, Dark Souls 3 + 2 DLCs and Bloodborne + DLC...it´s time to give the formula a rest for a while.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Its not an RPG?Thats a dissapointment.

But I gues its not entirely RPG free, since it seems you can upgrade stuff, and you can equip different weapons(prosthetics), so Ill reserve judgment.But not being a RPG kills the hype for me significantly.

So does every single player game have to be an RPG now to catch your attention? Widen your horizons, play a different genre, play some racing games, some hack and slash games, some shooters and you'll discover a lot more to love.

If he's like me, I don't play any other genre. 

Random_Matt said:

If he's like me, I don't play any other genre. 

If that was a reply to me, that's sad. You're limiting yourself. You'll grow tired of gaming way before any of us that like a variety of games.

If not, ignore.

GOWTLOZ said:
Nautilus said:
Its not an RPG?Thats a dissapointment.

But I gues its not entirely RPG free, since it seems you can upgrade stuff, and you can equip different weapons(prosthetics), so Ill reserve judgment.But not being a RPG kills the hype for me significantly.

So does every single player game have to be an RPG now to catch your attention? Widen your horizons, play a different genre, play some racing games, some hack and slash games, some shooters and you'll discover a lot more to love.

Why is this hate against RPGs?Just because my interest is lowered dosent mean Im not interest in the game.Its just that RPG is my favorite genre, so a game with RPG elements automatically get extra points for me.

And Im the most diverse type of gamer there is.Outside of racing and sports games in general that are not arcady, I like every type of game there is.Hell, Im a gigantic fan of Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton.I just love to see RPG elements in other games.Jeez, relax.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Why is this hate against RPGs?Just because my interest is lowered dosent mean Im not interest in the game.Its just that RPG is my favorite genre, so a game with RPG elements automatically get extra points for me.

And Im the most diverse type of gamer there is.Outside of racing and sports games in general that are not arcady, I like every type of game there is.Hell, Im a gigantic fan of Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton.I just love to see RPG elements in other games.Jeez, relax.

I don't hate RPG's rather I like them. But I don't see why every game out there should be an RPG. Not every game benefits from it.

You should play some good racing game too though. Its a fantastic genre of games and surprisingly varied.