Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" /> Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" /> Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" /> Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Had The Best E3 2018 Press Conference / Show

Who Had The Best E3 2018 Press Conference / Show

EA 1 0.53%

Microsoft 94 50.00%

Bethesda 18 9.57%

Square Enix 1 0.53%

Ubisoft 7 3.72%

Sony 41 21.81%

Nintendo 20 10.64%

Devolver 1 0.53%

Limited Run Games 2 1.06%

PC Gaming Show 3 1.60%

Total:188
Cerebralbore101 said:
jason1637 said:

Halo, Forza, Gears, Battletoads, Ori were some games that they hadon't that they own and the showing for these games were great imo. But they did have lots of nice 3rd party stuff but saying they had nothing of their own doesn't make sense.

Keyword here is "Good". Halo has been getting lower, and lower review scores for years now. Same with Gears. If these two franchises were anything other than FPS games, they would score in the low 70's on aggregate sites, but because the FPS genre appeals to so many people they get higher scores than they deserve. Forza isn't anything new. Just the same old yearly racing game. Might as well get hyped for Madden, Fifa, or MLB. 

Meanwhile Sony had Spiderman, The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, and Nioh 2 (PC/PS4 Only). 

So five unique and interesting games vs two boring shooters, and a sports title. 

The trouble is, the bolded may all very well be PS5 games for all we know. No release year stated. Also, beyond Nioh 2, the other four were all the big E3 games last year. Besides Spiderman, the bolded 3 will also be at E3 next year.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
It has to be Sony, and I say that without caring about more than half their games. MS presentation was more about proving they're still in the game. Nintendo was about games releasing this year.

Real winner is CAPCOM.

Outside of Devil May Cry, what did they show?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

In terms of games i want it's Sony, SE, Nintendo, and Bethesda all had something i wanted. I terms of the presentation itself it would be Microsoft = Sony > Bethesda > Nintendo, > Ubisoft > SE >  Literally anything else >>>>>>>>> EA. Overall Microsoft presentation was best, but i didn't really care for most the games.

Edit: forgot SE

Last edited by LinkDaHero - on 12 June 2018

MS hands down. because games.

Darwinianevolution said:
Xxain said:
It has to be Sony, and I say that without caring about more than half their games. MS presentation was more about proving they're still in the game. Nintendo was about games releasing this year.

Real winner is CAPCOM.

Resident Evil 2. These games are most talked about currently. They got the biggest audience reaction as well.

Around the Network

for me microsoft and sony, microsoft showed more new games from third party, but sony got the bomb with resident evil 2 remake

This e3 made it look like Nintendo is in trouble not Microsoft...... yes I went there!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Darwinianevolution said:
Xxain said:

Real winner is CAPCOM.

Halo, Gears, Forza, Cyberpunk, Dying Light. You know, a few things.

I liked RE2 and FE, so I guess Capcom and Intelligent Systems.
In terms of conferences, MS had the better pacing and amount of content/reveals.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

irstupid said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Keyword here is "Good". Halo has been getting lower, and lower review scores for years now. Same with Gears. If these two franchises were anything other than FPS games, they would score in the low 70's on aggregate sites, but because the FPS genre appeals to so many people they get higher scores than they deserve. Forza isn't anything new. Just the same old yearly racing game. Might as well get hyped for Madden, Fifa, or MLB. 

Meanwhile Sony had Spiderman, The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, and Nioh 2 (PC/PS4 Only). 

So five unique and interesting games vs two boring shooters, and a sports title. 

The trouble is, the bolded may all very well be PS5 games for all we know. No release year stated. Also, beyond Nioh 2, the other four were all the big E3 games last year. Besides Spiderman, the bolded 3 will also be at E3 next year.

Didn't they just get really short announcement trailers last year? This year Sony showed off gameplay for three of them.