7 35 17.07%

6 35 17.07%

5 29 14.15%

4 22 10.73%

3 18 8.78%

2 6 2.93%

1 18 8.78%

Total:205

I think that to a certain extent, Nintendo is being punished for how quickly they're clearing the deck here. I very much enjoyed Sony's showing, but of their big five games, four were announced well over a year ago.

Put into context, in between Sony announcing The Last of Us Part II and Death Stranding, and their eventual releases, the following games will have been both announced and released:

-Mario Odyssey
-New IPs, Arms, Snipperclips, and 1-2-Switch
-Splatoon 2
-Mario + Rabbids
-Xenoblade Chronciles 2
-Kirby Star Allies
-Mario Tennis Aces
-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
-Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Evee
-Super Mario Party

Personally, I prefer this to hearing about the same games several conferences in a row. The teasing and delay of Breath of the Wild was annoying, and while I understand why they did it, showing the Prime 4 logo was kind of cheap.

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
So you're just being a petty instigator then. Fair enough!

Nah. I just don't want someone telling me how and where to post. You're not a mod or OP, so lay off.

"Nah?" There's not really any denying that your initial post called people out. I don't need to be a mod or OP to criticise poorly made post and suggest that we try not to have every Smash related thread devolve into a pointless argument.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Nah. I just don't want someone telling me how and where to post. You're not a mod or OP, so lay off.

"Nah?" There's not really any denying that your initial post called people out. I don't need to be a mod or OP to criticise poorly made post and suggest that we try not to have every Smash related thread devolve into a pointless argument.

If you want to steer threads in a certain direction, then I suggest you do become a mod. Otherwise, you shouldn't be telling other people where or how to post. You've made this thread way more off topic simply by calling me out for something that was on topic.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

If you want to steer threads in a certain direction, then I suggest you do become a mod. Otherwise, you shouldn't be telling other people where or how to post. You've made this thread way more off topic simply by calling me out for something that was on topic.

Flamebait is okay as long as it's on topic. Yikes. But yeah we've gone on long enough. Surely you've seen the error of your ways even if you won't admit it. Will not respond again.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Flamebait is okay as long as it's on topic. Yikes. But yeah we've gone on long enough. Surely you've seen the error of your ways even if you won't admit it. Will not respond again.

Yikes. "error of your ways". Get off your high horse lol.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
specialk said:
I think that to a certain extent, Nintendo is being punished for how quickly they're clearing the deck here. I very much enjoyed Sony's showing, but of their big five games, four were announced well over a year ago.

Put into context, in between Sony announcing The Last of Us Part II and Death Stranding, and their eventual releases, the following games will have been both announced and released:

-Mario Odyssey
-New IPs, Arms, Snipperclips, and 1-2-Switch
-Splatoon 2
-Mario + Rabbids
-Xenoblade Chronciles 2
-Kirby Star Allies
-Mario Tennis Aces
-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
-Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Evee
-Super Mario Party

Personally, I prefer this to hearing about the same games several conferences in a row. The teasing and delay of Breath of the Wild was annoying, and while I understand why they did it, showing the Prime 4 logo was kind of cheap.

I agree completely about it being annoying that games are announced years in advance. I support Nintendo's push towards announcing and releasing in short order. Heck, the Switch itself only had a few months between reveal and release. It's what makes things so exciting. I'm just disappointed because the lineup is so thin. Let me put it this way, I can put games into 4 categories. Instant Buys, Hesitant Buys, Hesitant Passes (may pick up down the road), and Instant Passes.

Here's how 2017 shaped for Nintendo published offerings:

Instant Buys:

-Zelda: Breath of the Wild

-Mario Odyssey

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

-Xenoblade 2

Hesitant Buys

: -Mario + Rabbids

Hesitant Passes:

-Fire Emblem Warriors

-Arms Instant

Passes:

-1-2 Switch

-Pokken Tournament

This year it looks like this:

Instant Buys:

-Smash Bros.

Hesitant Buys:

-Pokemon Let's Go (maybe)

-Bayonetta 2

Hesitant Passes:

-Hyrule Warriors

-Mario Tennis

-DKC: Tropical Freeze

Instant Passes:

-Kirby

-Labo

-Captain Toad

-Super Mario Party

That's a big difference. If Fire Emblem had released this year, I'd at least have two Instant Buy games this year and four purchases overall. Not as good as last year's remarkable five Instant Buy games and six purchases overall, but sufficient for satisfaction. Nintendo really needed one more game to underpin the late-summer lineup. But they just don't have it. And it seems Pokemon and Smash are both being rushed just to get us this much.

I'm a bit late on this (my PC was gone and barely got it back to comment right now) but I think it was really dissapointing. 4/10 or something like that probably.

Instead of treating it like an E3 Direct it seems like they treated it as a Smash Direct for the most part just with a few extra announcements thrown in. Having a focus on Smash Bros is one thing, but having it take up almost the entire direct that's supposed to be about E3 is another. It's like they assumed everyone is a Smash fan and would enjoy it.

95% of what they showed of Smash could have been shown in a later Smash Direct, I mean the game comes out in December for crying out loud so they have more than enough time. The game looks great obviously but when it reaches the point where they are talking about stuff like how they changed a character's face, it's almost like they are reading patch notes as I heard others describe it.

Other than that though, some of what they showed was really good. Daemon X Machina looked interesting, Super Mario Party was a nice surprise and looks fun, etc. I just would have rather wanted new game announcements as opposed to 25 minutes of Smash.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 14 June 2018