By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Infinite probably not coming to Xbox One generation consoles

HollyGamer said:
jason1637 said:

Halo Infinite is Halo 6. 343i is dropping the numbered games.

So that's mean there will be no more Halo mainline on current gen consoles if Digital Foundry correct ? 

Yeah. That's another reason I expect it to come to XBO. Xbox usually gets 2 mainline Halo each gen.

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
Makes no sense. So it’ll be in development for another 3+ years? No way.

Actually in marketing and sales point is not make any sense or traditional point (Xbox consoles usually have 2 Halo games each generation) But probably the situation are forcing  343i build better Halo games, it's possible that they are extending the time to make a better Halo games,  even if they have to sacrifice and abandoning current gen consoles. 

pitzy272 said:

I mean, dev cycles of AAA games have gotten longer so this isn't surprising.

No... it will be on OG X1. Maybe the X1X and PC will have visuals well beyond OG X1. But even if that's the case the OG hardware can have scaled back graphics and settings.

We have to naturally assume the engine is scalable for varying specs, like CryEngine or Frostbite Engine. Which allowed for next gen quality graphics while still viable on last gen specs.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Tech demos like this one run on powerful PCs that are beyond current consoles hardware capacity.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 12 June 2018

Around the Network

Doesn't fall in line with their forward compatible future, so I'm pretty possible it'll be on all Xbox One consoles. 

Aura7541 said:
pitzy272 said:

I mean, dev cycles of AAA games have gotten longer so this isn't surprising.

Depends, the Halo franchise has generally had pretty consistent releases without unusually long development periods. Given there was no release expectation given, I would assume 2020. Which is long for Halo, but it seems like this one is gonna be really ambitious.

Lets also consider Gears of War. When you think about it, its actually incredible how quickly MS purchased the Gears IP, put in the hands of a new studio, and had the Gears 4 on the market. A very polished product with a lot of content. They did that in under 3 years.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Infinite will launch on Xbox One S and X. Halo 6 will launch on Xbox Two.

There will be absolute murder if they just drop 90% of their player base like that and release it only for Xbox x and project scarlet. And it will be the lowest ever selling halo at launch too. Maybe they will use some cloud technology to get it running online only on the base xbox one.

It's going to be strange where they set as the bar for the game, I mean the difference between the base model X1 and the X1X is around 4 times the total power but then everything doesn't scale with that same factor of power increase.

It would be hard to imagine this running at 1080/60 on the base system especially considering that split screen co op has been promised from 343 in this title I just can't picture the 1.75ghz cpu/ 800mhz gpu pulling that off

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive