By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What Is Happening To Gaming Forums?

Jaicee said:
SpokenTruth said:
Hang on....this whole thing is about some kind of implied man hate?

It's a bunch of men claiming that they can authenticate the experience of being lesbian better than I can as a lesbian.

EVERYTHING is man-hating to woman-haters.

Do you see the irony here? Seriously, do you even consider what you're writing? You've just proved my point about the current climate. My God you people are arrogant. YOU are the reason I find this mirroring problematic. And please stop lying. I've explain so many times it's got nothing to with the kiss or Ellie being a lesbian that it HAS to be lying. 

Having read more on what Neil has said, I have a feeling I'm going to be ripping TLOU2 a new one. 

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 20 June 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

⚠️ Thread Warning!

So we've been letting this thread go on, but it really seems to be devolving into people generalizing, and insulting each other now. Either argue respectfully, or not at all. There's not going to be another warning.

Angelus said:

⚠️ Thread Warning!

So we've been letting this thread go on, but it really seems to be devolving into people generalizing, and insulting each other now. Either argue respectfully, or not at all. There's not going to be another warning.

You might as well lock it. It's already devolving into a thread version of Rosetera anyway. 

And we now know what is happening to gaming forums. 

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 20 June 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

Jaicee said:

RolStoppable said:

But we would have controversy if the hypothetical male hetero character slaughtered hordes of women.

First of all, I doubt it. Call me a cynic.

Secondly, the logical reverse is NOT what happens in the trailer we're discussing and you know it. A good half of the characters that Ellie takes on therein are female.

You see what I mean? It's just really obvious that you...people...want to engineer a problem here where none exists because you really just have a problem with Ellie being a lesbian character. I just wish you'd be honest about that fact and admit it rather than pretending that this is about art or moral consistency or something else that it obviously isn't.

Controversy is always bound to be there if a white male's main enemy belongs to a group that can be considered as a suppressed minority. For example, Resident Evil 5 was accused of racism because Chris Redfield kills lots of black people; to appease the outcry, Capcom added white enemies. So yeah, if a male's depicted main enemies were women in a video game, it's a sure thing that there would be controversy.

I didn't watch the whole trailer, only the minute with the kiss and a few seconds afterwards to learn what this topic is about. I have no intention to watch the whole trailer, because whatever happens wouldn't change that men are meant when there is talk of being jealous and fear.

In your last paragraph you are mistaking me for a different person. I am not in this thread for art or something else, I am here out of curiosity. I don't consider it a problem that Ellie is lesbian or that she kills men. However, it is a problem when someone gets labeled a homophobe and banned for merely thinking that a scene/transition wasn't well done.

In another post you mentioned that half of the enemies being women is completely unrealistic. I haven't verified the enemy breakdown myself and I won't, so I just trust you on this. You said that this was done to pander to certain people. At this point I am convinced that it is simply not a good idea by game developers to inject politics into video games, because most people who play video games do so because they want something without politics; that's very similar to how it is with sports. That may be the real problem of this The Last of Us 2 trailer, that it is trying to make a statement.

Because I deem it necessary to say it: I am not your enemy.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

GribbleGrunger said:
Angelus said:

⚠️ Thread Warning!

You might as well lock it. It's already devolving into a thread version of Rosetera anyway. 

That an official request? 

Around the Network
Angelus said:
GribbleGrunger said:

That an official request? 

Yes. I've explained my point numerous times now and I'm still getting accused of woman hating and homophobia. I see no point in continuing this if those with an agenda can't accept they're wrong. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Locking, per request.