By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official EA Play 2018 E3 Thread. Rate the show.

Rate The Show Out of 10.

10 2 2.22%

9 0 0%

8 0 0%

7 5 5.56%

6 6 6.67%

5 9 10.00%

4 11 12.22%

3 13 14.44%

2 20 22.22%

1 24 26.67%

Total:90
celador said:
hopefully they open with Anthem so i can stop watching as soon as possible

Stole the words from my mouth. Would be nice if they showed off respawns Star wars game but I dont know what the chances of that would be.

Around the Network

Respawn teased an announce for their Star Wars game at E3, which has been in development for a few years now. Can't wait for that, it's directed by Stig Asmussen, the director of God of War 3, and it seems to be a lightsaber action game, based on the 2 mo-cap people fighting with lightsabers in the behind the scenes Star Wars trailer from a few E3's ago.

quickrick said:
EA is taking a very stupid risk with battlefield being a female lead, 312k thumps up, and 400k thumps down.

What are you talking about? There is no female lead.

Errorist76 said:
quickrick said:
EA is taking a very stupid risk with battlefield being a female lead, 312k thumps up, and 400k thumps down.

Not technically, but they did put a woman on the game's cover, have female options in multiplayer, and 2 of the mini campaigns have female playable characters afaik. 

Unravel 2 got an ESRB rating so I expect that is going to be at EA show and not to far away from releasing.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Errorist76 said:

Not technically, but they did put a woman on the game's cover, have female options in multiplayer, and 2 of the mini campaigns have female playable characters afaik. 

That's one of the biggest crimes in human history I ever heard of. for this shit EA definitely deserves to get the price for the worst company this year.

MrWayne said:
shikamaru317 said:

That's one of the biggest crimes in human history I ever heard of. for this shit EA definitely deserves to become the price for the worst company this year.

I assume this is a joke, because EA has done far worse. It is pretty bad though, the series became popular for it's realism relative to it's main competition, CoD, and they are pretty much abandoning that realism with Battlefield V. The issue goes far beyond the women, it's the whole package; the reveal trailer has British soldiers with samurai swords in the western front of WW2, people with prosthetic limbs fighting, people getting shot then being fine a few moments later, colorful maps that don't feel authentic to WW2, comedy moments, action sequences that feel more like Hollywood than actual war. Either the reveal trailer was really bad and not indicative of the actual game, or this is going to be one of the least realistic WW2 games ever created. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 09 June 2018

shikamaru317 said:
MrWayne said:

That's one of the biggest crimes in human history I ever heard of. for this shit EA definitely deserves to become the price for the worst company this year.

I assume this is a joke, because EA has done far worse. It is pretty bad though, the series became popular for it's realism relative to it's main competition, CoD, and they are pretty much abandoning that realism with Battlefield V. The issue goes far beyond the women, it's the whole package; the reveal trailer has British soldiers with samurai swords in the western front of WW2, people with prosthetic limbs fighting, people getting shot then being fine a few moments later, colorful maps that don't feel authentic to WW2, comedy moments, action sequences that feel morel like Hollywood than actual war. Either the reveal trailer was really bad and not indicative of the actual game, or this is going to be one of the least realistic WW2 games ever created. 

Yeah it was a joke. I don't think we should discuss that in this thread but I give you a quick reply.
Neither Battlefield nor CoD were ever even remotely authentic in their representation of war and WW2 in particular.
That's why I do not understand this huge outcry. Where was the outcry due to lack of historical authenticity when BF one, BF 4, BF3, BF 2, BF 1942 released?

Last minute predictions:
-Show starts with Anthem Blowout: new trailer, new gameplay, small dev interview, release date given, sometime in Janruary to March of 2019.
-Sports/E sports talk, boring the shit out of everyone (fifa, madden, nba etc)
-Not a single mention of Star Wars
-A promising looking indie game is shown under the EA originals banner.
-No trailer for Respawns game, only a dev coming up and talking about it.
-Show ends with 30mins of battlefield multiplayer gameplay

And......thats all I have.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

You choose where to watch it but as an Easy allies I feel like promoting them: https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies

They talk over the conference but that makes it more fun and in EA's case probably more bearing to watch.